LegacyGT.com

Noname 08 OBXT Rebuild Thread

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure that's what I used. I had to get the other flywheel and it looks like that was the part number I was given from some of the other forum users.

For bolts I used the wrx hex flywheel bolts. Because torx sucks. Mine came out with no issues though.

https://www.fastwrx.com/products/oem-subaru-flywheel-bolts

50k+ no problems. I would have used the lightweight flywheel if I did it again. Fjk1001fw on rockauto for $425.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure that's what I used. I had to get the other flywheel and it looks like that was the part number I was given from some of the other forum users.

For bolts I used the wrx hex flywheel bolts. Because torx sucks. Mine came out with no issues though.

https://www.fastwrx.com/products/oem-subaru-flywheel-bolts

50k+ no problems. I would have used the lightweight flywheel if I did it again. Fjk1001fw on rockauto for $425.

Superb, and great to hear you’ve had at least 50k on the setup problem free.

I’d be interested in your feedback as to why you are more inclined to use Exedy’s lightweight flywheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What did you end up using for the clutch job; all Exedy parts?

Wondering if you did the FJK1001 clutch and TYF001 flywheel? If yes, what flywheel bolts did you use?

Glad to see you over here on this site. You've come to the right place.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Superb, and great to hear you’ve had at least 50k on the setup problem free.

I’d be interested in your feedback as to why you are more inclined to use Exedy’s lightweight flywheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are times when I'd like an ever so slightly quicker spin down of the engine and the exedy flywheel is lighter without going crazy light or expensive. Changing clutches is a pain since I work in my apartment parking lot so it's a do it right the first time thing.

I also was only running a stage 1 tune that whole time so if you're planning to change out the down pipe or turbo, consider a stronger clutch. Because as mentioned it's not exactly convenient to change.

There are times when I'd like an ever so slightly quicker spin down of the engine and the exedy flywheel is lighter without going crazy light or expensive. Changing clutches is a pain since I work in my apartment parking lot so it's a do it right the first time thing.

I also was only running a stage 1 tune that whole time so if you're planning to change out the down pipe or turbo, consider a stronger clutch. Because as mentioned it's not exactly convenient to change.

Ok that is understandable. I've thought about my goals with this OBXT and I think I've decided to keep it about Stage 1. I'll replace the turbo (plus down+up pipe) if the turbo ever craps out.

Planning on doing all the regular maintenance I can (TB+WP, Valve cover gaskets and plugs, clutch, engine + trans mounts and some rad hoses). Everything seems rather straight forward decision wise but the clutch has been the thing keeping me on the fence which way to go. Your responses have been very helpful, so thank you, again :)