LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Just got done putting my dash back in after wiring up my oil pressure and afr gauge. There’s still plenty of salt out of the road which is not ideal, but it’s so hard to wait for a good day to finally drive my lgt with the new setup! I installed a vf52 I got rebuild as well as my grimmspeed 38mm ewg with a tial mvs. Grimmspeed tmic, ebcs, deatschwerks dw300 and a few other little goodies! Currently im trying to chase down the issue as to why none of my climate controls work... the lights on the buttons light uo when you turn the headlights on, but the buttons dont do anything. No defroster, no heat, no a/c. I already checked my fuses and relays and tried swapping out head units, but I got nowhere. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still here if you change your mind ;)

Interesting. I am not sure what they would be venting based on location. Do you want to make them functional and vent heat out from engine bay?

That would be the plan but not entirely sure how I'd do it yet. Initial thoughts would be to find a mouthpiece (for lack of a better term) that fits over the back of the vent in the fender and tapers down to a tube/hose that can be ran to an ideal spot in the engine bay with a sort of velocity stack/horn fitting attached on that end. From there, the Bernoulli principle should take over and the air passing over the fender would create a low pressure vacuum and draw out the engine bay air through the tube. The fitting over the vent would need to be air tight otherwise I bet I'd just be pulling air that is in between the fender and wheel well lining.

Idk though, I'll have to look at things more with the fender off.

That would be the plan but not entirely sure how I'd do it yet.

Idk though, I'll have to look at things more with the fender off.

not so much place between the fender and the wheel guard . a small tube can go , as i wanted to make a vent, same as s402 spot , and rout it to the air box .i may do it on my next fenders set .

IMG_4325.thumb.JPG.e15f9a05861a1e57990c613da461f120.JPG

I was looking for good picture of a legacy with the fender off to do some brainstorming since I remember there being very little room from when i tried to put on JSpeed fender braces. Thanks for uploading this.

I wouldn't expect a small tube attached to the vent to make a huge difference but if it's easy enough to snake to the engine bay and mount it in the vicinity of the turbo I'll take any small gains.

*clutches pearls* NEVER! I'm getting buried in that thing.

In other news, I had some developments today. The ebay seller sent me the incorrect pair of facelift headlights. They're very similar but there is some glaring differences to what I received from the listing pictures once you look closely. Curious to see how this is going to play out. Luckily paid through paypal.

Ordered the Radium fuel rails, fueling line/plumbing kit and TGV delete housings just for consistency. I'll be posting my BNIB IAG TGV deletes and Aeromotive A1000 fpr for sale shortly since their fueling kit comes with an regulator.

Finally, the S402 fenders arrived today and damn are these babies wide. Interestingly I was always under the impression that the fender vents were functional and never really looked into it but they're not, so I'll have a dremel project one of these weekends.

[ATTACH]282667[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]282668[/ATTACH]

Did you source these through HKC or someone else? They are in great shape!

Did you source these through HKC or someone else? They are in great shape!

Nope, took a gamble on them through the buyee/Yahoo Japan auctions and it worked out nicely. Honestly surprised that I haven't been disappointed once with everything I've bought through there.

There's currently another set of S402 fenders listed in WRB.

Damn. That's too easy, did you disconnect the battery when connecting the FPR?

Nope, that's the one thing I didn't do, because I was only going to be touching a TGV input during the install, electrically speaking.

How did you fry the ecu changing the fpr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Methinks it was a dazzling combination of talent and fortune. That, or I should have disconnected the battery when unplugging the fuel pressure sensor?

Nope, took a gamble on them through the buyee/Yahoo Japan auctions and it worked out nicely. Honestly surprised that I haven't been disappointed once with everything I've bought through there.

There's currently another set of S402 fenders listed in WRB.

Some scary announcements there from Japan Post, Hong Kong Post and China Post about coronavirus.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Nope, that's the one thing I didn't do, because I was only going to be touching a TGV input during the install, electrically speaking.

Methinks it was a dazzling combination of talent and fortune. That, or I should have disconnected the battery when unplugging the fuel pressure sensor?

I had been thinking that was a silly thing. I went to change the oil fill neck and accidentally touch the negative cable and arced the tool.

Guess I'm gonna start following the fsm and disconnect the battery for literally everything.

Took the day off work and went to pick up my LGT. (Finally)

Wow! Bumped up to 490whp and boy did I miss the boost!

That VTA EWG is going to take some getting used to.

Nice to have her home.

Am I seeing stock LGT brakes on a 490WHP car? How do those hold up with spirited driving?

Am I seeing stock LGT brakes on a 490WHP car? How do those hold up with spirited driving?

Yes sir!

They hold up fine. I keep fresh pads, rotors, and fluid. (And great tires)

Never had an issue. That being said, I don't autocross but I do give her hell nearly every time I drive.

Nice to have her home.

Glad to see you got her back!

I had been thinking that was a silly thing. I went to change the oil fill neck and accidentally touch the negative cable and arced the tool.

Guess I'm gonna start following the fsm and disconnect the battery for literally everything.

I recently fried my Morimoto XBT controller for my headlights due to my negligence of disconnecting the battery. Got it replaced under warranty thankfully Glad it wasn't the ECU though. Definitely going to be disconnecting the battery more often.

Picked up a set of OEM headlights from the junkyard in great shape and I'll be retrofitting and selling them here within the next few weeks.

Also have a 2017 STI Steering Rack waiting to be installed. Need to trim the inner tie rods and I'll be set to go through with it. I'm dreading bleeding the power steering more than installing the rack itself. Any recommendations for PS fluid/ATF fluid to use?

Just contacted DoctorDave about installing the passenger STI seat that I'd like to get started on within the next couple days. Should be a busy weekend. :spin:

Nice to have her home.

Did you get everything sorted out to your satisfaction?

I know it's been a long ordeal...

Did you get everything sorted out to your satisfaction?

I know it's been a long ordeal...

It's running right again but the weather has prevented me from going over all the work with a fine toothed comb.

Opened the back door to pull out my summer wheels/tires (had them put on the winter setup today before I drove home) and found this. Pics below. It was never mentioned previously.

Ultimately it was an insane amount of money (stage 4 short block territory) and took entirely too long with crap customer service along the way. Had a long talk with them while I was there.

Trim will be ordered from Subaru and replaced on their dime.

51f2b73e606653f6976932d4b2b0abeb.jpg00fea556eb29e9b53af72806ea80a2a2.jpg

It's running right again but the weather has prevented me from going over all the work with a fine toothed comb.

Opened the back door to pull out my summer wheels/tires (had them put on the winter setup today before I drove home) and found this. Pics below. It was never mentioned previously.

Ultimately it was an insane amount of money (stage 4 short block territory) and took entirely too long with crap customer service along the way. Had a long talk with them while I was there.

Trim will be ordered from Subaru and replaced on their dime.

51f2b73e606653f6976932d4b2b0abeb.jpg00fea556eb29e9b53af72806ea80a2a2.jpg

How the hell do you crack that? I've been stepping on mine many times and at 185 pounds I'm not a Cinderella, yet mine are fine.

Glad to see it's finally done, hope it's smooth and happy sailing from now on!

How the hell do you crack that? I've been stepping on mine many times and at 185 pounds I'm not a Cinderella, yet mine are fine.

Glad to see it's finally done, hope it's smooth and happy sailing from now on!

Thanks man. I assume they either pulled it for the fuel pump hard wiring or were trying to tuck it without removing.

"I personally installed the hard wire kit and definitely didn't break anything" was the response I got. I'm just glad they agreed to make it right.

Thanks man. I assume they either pulled it for the fuel pump hard wiring or were trying to tuck it without removing.

"I personally installed the hard wire kit and definitely didn't break anything" was the response I got. I'm just glad they agreed to make it right.

Looking at it it seems that something very heavy was put on it? Seal does not align evenly and trim edge is deformed in that area.

Sad that shops with good reputation still screw things up. Recently my son's 05 OB was in a body shop (I mentioned it here some time ago asking for advise dealing with insurance). They did fantastic job with the paint job and the car looks new on the outside. I picked it up after hours and didn't really look inside. Come next day (Saturday) my sons were checking it and found that the rear door panel is not the original (limited) but from a regular non-limited OB. meaning that it now has 3 door panels with black leather inserts and one with black cloth insert.

How do you not pay attention (or care) about this kind of details? And again, this is a good shop dealing with premium/luxury cars most of the time.

Successfully followed Infosecdad's thread, adapted to Windows 10. Read the immobilizer EEPROM from my old ECU, wrote it to the spare. Waiting on a file to compare to, then in the car she goes, assuming the file looks good. Thanks Infosecdad!

IMG_20200207_195015.thumb.jpg.8ee9cefe692df3b64e0f8597d85fe8fd.jpg

Edited by awfulwaffle

Successfully followed Infosecdad's thread, adapted to Windows 10. Read the immobilizer EEPROM from my old ECU, wrote it to the spare. Waiting on a file to compare to, then in the car she goes, assuming the file looks good. Thanks Infosecdad!

Is there a how-to thread on this? Would be useful for rest of us to know.

Yup, I followed Infosecdad's thread here:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/clone-your-immobilizer-chip-replacement-ecm-ecu-279426.html?t=279426

I'll add a post there with a bundle of dependencies and Windows-specific instructions, so us Windows peasants can reflash our immobilizers too. Maybe I'll give it a whack in Ubuntu for kicks down the road.