LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I only got the Group N because I was given the option at AZP when they found the wrong tranny mount was on my 6mt swap. I said sure not thinking much about it. Afterwards it didn't bother me too much either, though the increase in NVH was noticeable enough from first start up. I swapped back once I was doing a clutch job anyway. I prefer something softer for long drives.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Unless Thule has change the ski box, you need to move the box forward far enough where you need to buy the sedan mount kit so the front of the box can attach over the front doors. Other wise the back of the box will hit the hatch when opened.

I seem to recall I had to drill more holes in the bottom of the box to allow it to move forward more too.

May be the wing on the outbacks is smaller and you may have little more clearance.

[ATTACH]282514[/ATTACH]

I kept searching threads because I knew we had talked about this! They have actually changed the box design some with the bottom rear being more inward than the top. The outback also has a bit different rails so I think my mounting choices are a bit different. My front rail is maybe an inch or two behind yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with all the group n stuff. I don't have a good before comparison but it doesn't really bother me on long drives. I can tell it's a bit different though. What does bother me is sometimes when I clutch at low speed I can feel the driveline jerk even when being careful. It's disconcerting.

I downgraded to the Spec B. tranny mount from the Group N for the same reason. Next is shifter bushings.

I've been wondering if the extra vibration I've been feeling with my specB is a result of the GroupN motor mounts I had installed with my motor. It's not bad, passengers don't notice, but I can feel it.

Both my cars have the STI rear tranny mount. It fits both the 5mt and 6mt. It did make a big difference in the wagon when I put it on back in Aug 2004. I bought it at the WBM when it was that ski area in MASS.

When I installed one on the Spec a few years back, no big difference.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Really the only time I don't care for the NVH from the GroupN motor mounts is at idle. When moving there's some extra noise, but it doesn't bother me at all compared to the connected feeling trade-off in the drivetrain.

Also, at dead cold when I first start my specB I'm seeing pretty high misfire counts on cylinder 4. 18 is the highest I've seen, it doesn't feel like it's stumbling, and goes away as soon as the car's even slightly warm. Only at idle.

What do you guys think? Too cold to investigate at the moment.

Also, at dead cold when I first start my specB I'm seeing pretty high misfire counts on cylinder 4. 18 is the highest I've seen, it doesn't feel like it's stumbling, and goes away as soon as the car's even slightly warm. Only at idle.

What do you guys think? Too cold to investigate at the moment.

Have you made any changes recently? Anything needing tuning? How many miles on the sparkplugs? If you swap the ignition coil with another cylinder does the misfire follow?

I'd say that's perfect.

So, how come there's no snow in that picture...? I thought you guy's were getting decent snow ?

Alta is at 347" to date and a base of 109". We've had maybe a foot in the last week or two? It slowed down and we've just been getting a constant light snowfall. But they are at 8500+ ft and I'm at about 4000ft. We haven't had real accumulation for a little bit and I don't remember the last day the high was below freezing.

That's why I love utah. 347" of snowfall and the valley only averages 50" a year. All the fun, none of the hassle.

I'm amazed that none of the roof boxes have sliding mounts. I would expect some kind of a quick release for a pin on a track that slides forward. I can't be the first to think of that.

Actually it's two claws and a HUGE amount of adjustability. This is basically all the way forward but I think the mount point probably moves 5" front to back. Really the issues isn't boxes but my needs. You gotta think 200cm skis are like 6'7"

If you just wanted any box, there are a lot to choose from. But if you want a ski box and run bigger than 180cm ever, there's like 4.

Yea I was doing that with the skis. I boarder prior to this season and had a 155. It was way too small. I demoed a lib tech t rice pro and I think like a 161 would have been good. Skis are definitely longer.

Bonus is at 16L it's going to hold a lot of camping and climbing gear in the summer. It won't stay on full time though.

I take mine off in the late spring / early summer. It's back on around Columbus day but that's for scene points at a yearly Audi meet I go to (Avantoberfest). I'm lazy so I just leave it on through the winter. Edited by snow05gtRI

Alta is at 347" to date and a base of 109". We've had maybe a foot in the last week or two? It slowed down and we've just been getting a constant light snowfall. But they are at 8500+ ft and I'm at about 4000ft. We haven't had real accumulation for a little bit and I don't remember the last day the high was below freezing.

That's why I love utah. 347" of snowfall and the valley only averages 50" a year. All the fun, none of the hassle.

That's good to hear.

For those that don't ski, here in VT the summit at Okemo, where I ski is 3344ft. Killington 45 minute drive north is 4340ft.

Here in VT we haven't had much natural snow since early Dec. Thank god for snow making.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That's good to hear.

For those that don't ski, here in VT the summit at Okemo, where I ski is 3344ft. Killington 45 minute drive north is 4340ft.

Here in VT we haven't had much natural snow since early Dec. Thank god for snow making.

Been a rough winter here in New England. I've got a trip to Stowe planned for next weekend (8th) and hoping they get a good natural dump or two before then. My preference is to ski (ride) the woods and can't do that with no real base. Praying to Ullr.

Yea following that reference in elevations, the base of alta is 8500ft. The summit is 11000ft. Base of Brighton is 8755ft. So I get to run about 4k feet of elevation up the canyon from my apartment every weekend.

When there isn't traffic, it's a ton of fun. There's usually traffic.

Been a rough winter here in New England. I've got a trip to Stowe planned for next weekend (8th) and hoping they get a good natural dump or two before then. My preference is to ski (ride) the woods and can't do that with no real base. Praying to Ullr.

Always a rough winter in New England once you've been out west. Did one day at Crotched a couple weeks back, and I can't make the Killington trip early March my friends are going on, so I think my next boarding excursion will be 2 days out in CO early April. First time I went out there, on the gondola ride up the mountain, the local couple (not part of our group) was complaining about "only" having 120" of base coat :lol:

On-topic: still no word back from the machine shop with a quote. Need to give them a call with a reminder that I'm looking to throw money at them... On another note, looking for ELH and am upset I just missed the Perrin ones that were on NASIOC/here for a couple days because I assumed shipping wouldn't work out. Womp. Also on the market for a 15+ STi steering rack.

Hey too be fair, solitude is claiming 77" but I had to dodge a rock and the top of a tree last weekend. I told someone a few weeks back that I was disappointed because it wasn't completely sunny and we'd only had 2" overnight. Grew up skiing north carolina and haven't really had a bad day since moving here.

Those perrin ones looked nice. What are you doing with the machine shop?

That's good to hear.

Kinda sucks, rented skis/boots for my little girl and were not able to take her skiing yet. Driving up north with her is difficult but I will try at least get her to Wachusset.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K