LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Purchased a Tial 38mm and Invidia catted DP. Parts list is complete: Killer B header, FP Blue, EWG and DP! Might add an FPR for good measure. Killer B header will be sent for Swain coating. If all goes well she'll be on the dyno with an IPT trans by June/July.

Where are you having it tuned?

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

But the RS6 is auto, and do you really want that?

I have been driving an auto jeep srt8. Its amazing what you can get used to, especially when you don't have to wait 5 minutes for the engine to warm up enough to drive it. The throaty roar of the v8 has been addictive, mpg is 10.

Yeah, the rs6 is dollars. Getting my wagon to daily-driver 600hp & a 3sec 0-60, is another 20-50k. Then I'll still have a $5000 car that's even more asinine than it's current configuration.

Have to stop in this week and see if it's even available. 401k withdrawals are still tax-free?

aisin kit in rockauto?

I had the timing belt replaced at 226,000 km and the shop that did the replacement used a Continental kit. They said they had used Aisin but had belt breakages with them, so they don't use Aisin anymore.

Likely Six Star. These new EPA crackdowns have me concerned, though. Have any suggestions?

They tuned mine two years ago and I had a great experience with them. Wish I had pulled the trigger on EWG prior to KB discontinuing the UP pipe.

They tuned mine two years ago and I had a great experience with them. Wish I had pulled the trigger on EWG prior to KB discontinuing the UP pipe.

Agreed - JRTuned and especially Matt Cole over there are great guys. Hope they're not getting too screwed by these EPA regs. I lucked out on eBay and picked up the KB header/uppipe ewg combo from a private seller for a good price. I missed out on the warranty but I'm happy to have the full setup. Your comment a year or two ago is what convinced me to just get the full KB EWG combo. So KB isn't going to modify your existing UP now?

Agreed - JRTuned and especially Matt Cole over there are great guys. Hope they're not getting too screwed by these EPA regs. I lucked out on eBay and picked up the KB header/uppipe ewg combo from a private seller for a good price. I missed out on the warranty but I'm happy to have the full setup. Your comment a year or two ago is what convinced me to just get the full KB EWG combo. So KB isn't going to modify your existing UP now?

I’d have to pull everything and ship it to them, then have it recoated. I heard they discontinued their EWG setups so now it’s a moot point. I was only going to do it to future-proof my build. Ironically an FP Blue is my next turbo of choice.

Likely Six Star. These new EPA crackdowns have me concerned, though. Have any suggestions?

They are great to deal with, ordered my Manley Rods through them.

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

I saw an air to water setup yesterday on a turbo mercedes. Super compact. Might be time to upgrade the processwest to smaller tech.

I have been dreaming of doing an air to water set up. generic charge coolers off ebay are cheap and then run an electric water pump. Step 1 for me is get a tig welder to actually realize the pipe dream.

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

I would imagine welding pipe is perfectly learnable

Preface with learning to weld with a concussion is damn near impossible. Add in the complexity of watching a youtube and trying to send it. ymmv.

welding pipe with tig (from watching 3 quarters of dedicated welding students) looks really hard unless you have an aptitude. Buying quality equipment seems to be a prerequisite.

If you have a local technical college, there may offer to weld your complex collection of pipe cuts for a nominal cost. You might get an upper level student or a welding savant (teacher) who's been doing it for 40 years. A fellow student has a gorgeous tig welded custom-fitted up-pipe out of stainless with flawless welds done from the inside. Labor cost: tagged the instructor on instagram.

Finally removed the ancient UEL ebay header on my wagon and went back to a stock manifold. DEI coated the elbows since my heat shields are toast, and all new Grimmspeed gaskets. Had to install new head studs too, but loads quieter now. Want to replace my Invidia UP soon too just bc, but my stock UP is pretty rusty.

I cannot get the Grimmspeed crossover pipe I bought to fit. Tried again and the oil filter is completely in the way, no way it's happening. Don't get it

Preface with learning to weld with a concussion is damn near impossible. Add in the complexity of watching a youtube and trying to send it. ymmv.

welding pipe with tig (from watching 3 quarters of dedicated welding students) looks really hard unless you have an aptitude. Buying quality equipment seems to be a prerequisite.

If you have a local technical college, there may offer to weld your complex collection of pipe cuts for a nominal cost. You might get an upper level student or a welding savant (teacher) who's been doing it for 40 years. A fellow student has a gorgeous tig welded custom-fitted up-pipe out of stainless with flawless welds done from the inside. Labor cost: tagged the instructor on instagram.

I have the luxury of working in an office connected to a 25,000 ft2 shop floor that fabricates heavy industrial projects. It's nothing short of amazing what those welders can do out there. Whether it's carbon steel, stainless, aluminum, or exotic alloys like Inconel/C276, they make it look stupid easy pouring down welds. They're so good & consistent we're able to use a simple coefficient to price up the labor cost based on inches of weld alone. The sad part is we don't see younger guys coming in who want to weld or learn to weld. It has this stigma of being a non-glamorous job or one that doesn't pay well. That's the farthest thing from the truth. We offer to train these kids but no one wants to do it. Our welders are all 50+ years old. Partly because it takes that long to get THAT good and because young kids are not picking up the trade like they used to.

Edited by amm203

I have the luxury of working in an office connected to a 25,000 ft2 shop floor that fabricates heavy industrial projects. It's nothing short of amazing what those welders can do out there. Whether it's carbon steel, stainless, aluminum, or exotic alloys like Inconel/C276, they make it look stupid easy pouring down welds. They're so good & consistent we're able to use a simple coefficient to price up the labor cost based on inches of weld alone. The sad part is we don't see younger guys coming in who want to weld or learn to weld. It has this stigma of being a non-glamorous job or one that doesn't pay well. That's the farthest thing from the truth. We offer to train these kids but no one wants to do it. Our welders are all 50+ years old. Partly because it takes that long to get THAT good and because young kids are not picking up the trade like they used to.

Shit I'd take that job with training included especially. Too bad you're not in Detroit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a simple rack I would like built. If anyone of your guys does side work send him my way. I have measurements all done up.

I've accumulated a stack of tasks.

Replace transmission axel seal on passenger side.

Replace headlights (one is out)

Replace clutch slave/hose

Install Grimmspeed TMIC

Now have a kidney stone that's messing with my plans.

Hopefully I can get past it and finish up my updates/upgrades.

Shit I'd take that job with training included especially. Too bad you're not in Detroit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I live in detroit" seems like code for "I'll move anywhere for a better job". Maybe 1992 was a really bad year to live in Michigan, but getting trained as a welder with a bunch of master welders to learn from, I'd be packing my car and heading out of town tonight. ymmv

gb on a variable nozzle turbo of titanium and inconel? :)