LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Got all this on a couple weeks ago, and I think I finally chased down the last clunk yesterday. One of the front endlink jam nuts wasn't tightened enough.

In the end, it was nice to save money with the full Whiteline kit (tire rack was selling it for $450). But their adjustable endlinks are a pain in the ass, something I should have learned/remembered from my BRZ. Doing it over I probably would just get the bars separately, and do Kartboy endlinks. It probably all would have arrived before the end of my autox season, too.

When I bought the kit rally sport had it for sale cheaper than the separate bars. Got kartboy endlinks and then sold the whiteline ones for a few bucks. I think I still came out ahead overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uppipe just cracked, exhaust goes in cabin...nasty. My buddy at Kosmic Racing proposed a less costly brand since MY mod budget exhausted, (lol no pun intended).

The brand is “XFORCE” but I never heard of the brand. Apparently made down undah. Is it something you guys heard of, tried etc...He started carrying it this summer and had good reviews for smaller budgets instead of highend ones and the EL headers also got good reviews. BUT I always like you’s feedback!! So any input would be appreciated! Thanks

Edited by luckybullitt

Uppipe just cracked, exhaust goes in cabin...nasty. My buddy at Kosmic Racing proposed a budget brand since MY mod budget exhausted, (lol no pun intended).

The brand is “XFORCE” but I never heard of the brand. Apparently made down undah. Is it something you guys heard of, tried etc...He started carrying it this summer and had good reviews for smaller budgets instead of highend ones and the EL headers also got good reviews. BUT I always like you’s feedback!! So any input would be appreciated! Thanks

Invidia UPs on both my LGTs cracked. I went with GS flex UP as replacement for both. ~$200

Uppipe just cracked, exhaust goes in cabin...nasty. My buddy at Kosmic Racing proposed a less costly brand since MY mod budget exhausted, (lol no pun intended).

It seems a frequent key is having that flex section for longer life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xforce makes the Varex line of products, they're most well known for that. I have two of 'em on my car.

X-Force is good. In Australia' date=' their exhaust systems are on the expensive side. They may not have a huge name here, but they're not a "no name" type of company that sell generic blanks on ebay. I have a Varex muffler on my WRX. Good stuff![/quote']

Yeah I read up more and saw a few youtubes, pretty nice stuff (Varex). I just wanted to get a feel before my buddy brings it from his shop. EL headers next summer?:lol:

Edited by luckybullitt

Swapped winter tires on the 2007. Found one stud with flattened threads and one stud with stripped threads, wire brushed the first and filed the second and all is good.

That's why I always use anti-seize compound on all threads. Learned that from my 2000 GT wagon many years ago.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Car just hit 220k. The picture I took looks very, well.... potato-ish...

Anyways, did my yearly rear brake pad change. Rotors are great, but every year like clockwork, I need new pads. The outers are almost smoked while the inners are about half.. slides are good and so are the calipers. Hoses be the culprit???

Scotty

I swapped out the OEM fuel pump to a DW65c, routed out my new IAG AOS but am having fitment problems with the Grimmspeed intercooler. Has anybody had any issues or advice? I'm having a hard time getting the couplers on and lining the thing up on the mounts.

Managed to completely range out the MAF this morning. Time for a spacer, intake, or just bite the bullet and figure out opensource speed density.

OS SD sounds like the way to go. Fairly certain there's a released build of MerpMod/aijiimod for your ECU.

Speaking of.... haven't had time to look at live tuning. Maybe this winter :spin:

Yeah, that'd be the way to go. I was hoping to wait for merp/aiji until I had my ethanol content signal converter ready, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to get VE figured and then set up flex fuel

Yeah, might as well start logging everything to get plenty of data to help figure out your VE tables. Added that into my logs recently for if/when I eventually switch over to SD. Though, when I do SD, I think I'm going to want to put a charge air temp sensor in the manifold to (ideally) make any VE tables independent of upstream changes.