LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

22 hours ago, KZJonny said:

Want to share your oil/filter/blackstone results? Always curious.

I use 5w40 Rotella T6 and the Mazda Roki filters and suspect a 5K kilometer OCI is a little more often than needed, but oil testing in Canada isn’t as cheap or easy as for you all below the border.

It's pretty uneventful. The oil did thin out a bit and I didn't need to top it off, really, but I was down maybe a half quart when I changed the oil. If I were to have gone longer on the 5W-30 Amsoil SS it would have needed topping off.

IMG_20230815_2146162.thumb.jpg.8b95f9c0e22b7885fd5887cd63c41859.jpg

1 hour ago, boxkita said:

Olde guys driving sports cars and kids driving wagons. So much fun. 

If you are local to western Washington, you owe it to your car to go on a @Febreze Mee tour.

Are they posted in the forum somewhere? Or more important for me, are they ever up in the north sound areas?

On the topic of cruising. I’m a week late with my update.

I lived with the LGT as my daily driver for a week of work. It was nice to spend that much time enjoying my drives again.  Sunday I drove home from Penn State to Upper Burrell Twp and actively avoided the highways that make it quick and easy. I turned it in to about 120 miles of awesome mountain roads.  

@BoozeRS05,from me it was 380-981-22-53-253–453. The really fun part Cresson to Bald Eagle(only I did it the other direction)  

The pavement is all in great condition, the roads are wide, twisty, and change elevation constantly.  It’s mostly cruising through state forest or past hunting camps.  Only twice did I have to wait on cars in front of me and neither slowed me down for very long.  

The car was happy with moderate temps and warm pavement.  With the 6mt it seemed like a thousand gear changes in 80 miles, all winding out third  gear and settling into fourth gear with some occasional straights that can take 5th.  Ii didn’t do the math but I’m guessing I was getting 10mpg.  E85 Is available along the way! 

I’m going to do it again in the fall when the leaves are changing.  

• Like 5
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

19 hours ago, Febreze Mee said:

Everyone is posting such wonderful things they've done, today. I figured I'd share too. 

Went on a drive with @boxkita, @Captain Redbeard, and another friend this morning down to Elbe and back up to Orting.

DDD8C5F2-13D3-489D-BA7F-90126E9BE432.thumb.jpeg.15908ba80680ec6e279c6e6b32b61c36.jpeg

85AA1133-0BF1-479C-A6D9-FCA2451DF3D4.thumb.jpeg.87c833766fd2c6b00f3ed6021b568482.jpeg

You started in Orting?  I'm just up the hill in Graham. Small world!

That can be a really nice drive.  We have some very scenic routes around here.

5 hours ago, boxkita said:

At least you picked a shop without a backlog of work. So you'll be at WagonFest?

I’ll be there. But the Camel won’t. It’ll be a month before I get it back. I’ve been scheduled for this drop off since April. It’ll be worth it.

I’ll probably be driving my car barn mates Rolls Royce wagon to Wagonfest. So that’ll be fun. 

IMG_5542.jpeg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

I need to stay off Buyee (Yahoo JP)...

Picked up a couple of things that @Enlight is going to help ship over, then started a wish list...  not good for my wallet (but good for the car).

I want one of these for a wagon...  But if someone is looking for the black upper trim for a sedan, here you go: https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/t1096908914

i-img1024x768-1687782730mmhmt9966118.jpg

Truer words have never been spoken….I can attest to that. Seen these on there from time to time. There were some wagon airbag-friendly pieces that were on there a few weeks ago. I got some black upper interior trim pieces last year, had them consolidated and shipped (D’OH! That was a mistake. That one hurt….) then kicked myself cause the “A” and “B” pillars weren’t airbag friendly…so those were a waste. Got the “d” pillars and rear door trim upper pieces at least….😒If anyone wants them (A&B pillars), PM me (shockingly black upper “c” pillars could be ordered from dealer but now are discontinued 😞). 

IMG_5542.jpeg
That wagon is cool as hell! I remember seeing an old Ford wagon with rolls stuff integrated into it at a Mecum auction a few years ago. It was well done, be fun to bring to shows.

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

That wagon is cool as hell! I remember seeing an old Ford wagon with rolls stuff integrated into it at a Mecum auction a few years ago. It was well done, be fun to bring to shows.

This one?

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/this-rolls-royce-station-wagon-is-not-a-rendering-it-can-be-yours-163872.html

IMG_6443.jpeg

Dang, there's a lot of good activity going on in here lately. Love to see it!

It's really a love/hate relationship with the auctions. I picked up a mint S402 shift knob from there about a week ago. Still amazes me that even with $24 shipping it got delivered within 3 days. Probably won't even put this on the car unless I take it to a show. There's also an S402 CF front lip listed currently and I'm really struggling not bidding to have a spare one for a rainy day.

3.thumb.jpg.b84da93807e59b3381a77e920afb478f.jpg

Still in the tuning process and taking logs every other day with the wagon and it's starting to get really fun. JMP's 18g pulls like an absolute freight train compared to the VF40. Installed a dp on the BMW recently so I'm also in the tuning process for it as well. It's interesting doing logs back-to-back between the two. BMW reminds me of the Subaru with the VF40 as the oem turbo runs out of gas toward redline, but it spools super quick. The ZF8 transmission is wicked for what it is (also tuned). 

Other than that I gave the Legacy a really deep clean & quick wax then decided to line up 3 of the 4 ladies. S2000 is still in storage and even though the Jeep is in one pic I don't consider it a lady, more of a moose. I do wish I paid better attention & remembered more from my HS photography class cuz I frickin suck at taking good photos.

1.thumb.jpg.9834f7d9a8e27b71ab37522c778887d3.jpg2.thumb.jpg.e4bbd65116ed50ebc3f7a0843dfa60f6.jpg

• Like 10

13 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

I need to stay off Buyee (Yahoo JP)...

Picked up a couple of things that @Enlight is going to help ship over, then started a wish list...  not good for my wallet (but good for the car).

I want one of these for a wagon...  But if someone is looking for the black upper trim for a sedan, here you go: https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/t1096908914

i-img1024x768-1687782730mmhmt9966118.jpg

You watched the auctions 😆. You'll have a PM coming in a day or two. I think you're gonna have the best sounding exhaust setup in the States - if not already. I'm still crawling all the sites for a decent pair of Ganadors.

• Like 3

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

@Enlight I probably missed it but what's the process for you to ship items from the auctions? I forgot you were doing that and it makes that S402 lip even more tempting. 

Also, would you be able to ship coilovers since buyee has a restriction on the fluid? Been trying to track down a pair of Ohlins to replace my Koni/Swift setup but that shipping restriction has been my biggest hurdle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DoctorDaveLGT said:

@Enlight I probably missed it but what's the process for you to ship items from the auctions? I forgot you were doing that and it makes that S402 lip even more tempting. 

Also, would you be able to ship coilovers since buyee has a restriction on the fluid? Been trying to track down a pair of Ohlins to replace my Koni/Swift setup but that shipping restriction has been my biggest hurdle.

I sent you a PM! There are a set of Ohlins on Yahoo! Auctions now 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

39 minutes ago, Infosecdad said:

I really have to get off Buyee now...

I checked this evening and found the black upper from a tuned by sti wagon set...  😭

That's been on the wishlist for 3-4 years now, I guess I'm putting one more thing into Enlight's container.

i-img1198x898-16944691949mqzlh373984.jpg

What are your plans for the B and C pillars, since these aren’t airbag compliant pillars. Also, seatbelts were something that was difficult for me to import before I realized that they won’t work anyways and I got USDM black belts.

Edited by WRX USA

7 hours ago, WRX USA said:

What are your plans for the B and C pillars, since these aren’t airbag compliant pillars. Also, seatbelts were something that was difficult for me to import before I realized that they won’t work anyways and I got USDM black belts.

Not entirely sure yet, I've got time to research and figure something out.

I already have black seatbelts from a lower half black interior swap.

I'll also need to dye or something the headliner as there isn't a black one for sunroofs if I recall correctly.

I will get to an all black interior some day 😄 

19 hours ago, DoctorDaveLGT said:

Just curious, where do you have your konis set at for the switfts? I'm still hunting for just the right damper setting. 

On 9/8/2023 at 11:08 AM, effnakedteeth said:

I did this couple weeks ago. Let me know your thoughts on the brightness of the HVAC display, I think it is pretty dim in the day.

A couple days with it and yeah, it's dimmer than stock. It doesn't bother me in the daytime because I've got pretty dark tint so I don't get a lot of direct sunlight on it. In the dark, eh, it's fine. It's not exactly a part of the dash I look at a lot while driving. I think it's something I can live with. My bigger gripe now is the mismatched colors in the center console. And the gps antenna I "needed" for wireless apple carplay that I have no idea what to do with. 

Edited by tehspud
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2023 at 3:45 PM, WRX USA said:

This could be an option for you if you do want to get your own analysis: https://www.toromontcat.com/service/fluid-analysis-services/oil-analysis-program

Never even occured to reach out ot CAT. I wonder who they are using, since I can hardly imagin they have their own QC lab for fluids. I'll have a call and see.

There is also a lab I found in Edmonton, with a distributor in Toronto, so I'll chase that down as well. Curious to see if they have half the accumulated information on various cars/makes/oils as Blackstone does, which is part of the appeal of the process to me. I would be *reasonably* interested to hear what the staff at Blackstone labs say/ recommend as a course of action....

Big thanks in any case. It's good to have options and send out for some UOA's is certainly cheaper than a new short block, etc....

On 9/10/2023 at 11:26 AM, effnakedteeth said:

Are they posted in the forum somewhere? Or more important for me, are they ever up in the north sound areas?

Usually posted here, so sub to this thread: 

Last weekend I just texted everyone's phone numbers directly, so that's the one time it wasn't posted. Most of us are down to drive, and don't usually limit ourselves to one small geographic area of the state, so it may be hard for you to join if you don't like the miles. Some drives are 1.5hrs. Others are a half-days adventure. 
I put them together all over the western side from the Olympics, to Mt. St. Helens, to Sedro-Wooley, and everywhere in between (Monroe, Redmond, Tacoma, Auburn, Orting, Enumclaw, Snoqualmie, etc.). 

On 9/10/2023 at 12:41 PM, SilentJ20 said:

You started in Orting?  I'm just up the hill in Graham. Small world!

That can be a really nice drive.  We have some very scenic routes around here.

We actually started in Parkland, but finished in Orting. I'll be sure to tag y'all next time, especially now that I know y'all are local. 

I won't put anything together this weekend, as l have autocross events Saturday and Sunday, but if y'all are interested in coming out and having fun for $50 + gas, then I'll drop you a link and coordinate with you to see you on Sunday. @boxkita is signed up to be a volunteer and will run in the afternoon if he goes on Saturday. A couple other Porsche friends will be there too. 

• Like 3

MILKRUN  - Click Here

22 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

I really have to get off Buyee now...

I checked this evening and found the black upper from a tuned by sti wagon set...  😭

That's been on the wishlist for 3-4 years now, I guess I'm putting one more thing into Enlight's container.

i-img1198x898-16944691949mqzlh373984.jpg

hmm.. i have a pile that looks like that sitting in my shop. i really need to post stuff 

• Like 2

I haven’t been able to use my Primitive plate for YEARS bc the front subframe mounting bolts had come loose from salt and rust. So the other day I had a mobile welder over and two hours later it was good to go. Little paint touch up and some cleaning, put everything back together.

Very satisfied for a part I don’t ever see

IMG_4316.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2