LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

I changed a wheel bearing in the middle of our cross country trip in a friend's driveway :lol:. Both front wheel bearings were shot. So freaking loud. It was unbearable.

My rear bearings are super loud too. Almost unbearable. I tried to replace but could not get the axle nut off no matter what I tried. Guess I need to take it to a shop as well.

$175 OTD with OEM replacement bearing. I heard wind noise in my car today! :lol:

One last hurrah. Mammoth trip later this week.

stock muffs going on.

47982844467_f97c4804cb_b.jpg

47982845608_bbeef57a6a_b.jpg

With the right tools (and not rusted on bc of recent removal), 24 minutes, including clean up. Sometimes it takes longer for my kids to pick out socks.

WhisperBars going on one last time until next Dec?/Jan?

47990273838_ca2b9c4120_b.jpg

And *insert cliche here* with the stock muffs on, and the bad rear bearing replaced, I can clearly hear one of the front bearings is going bad. :-D

Edited by rebourne

One last hurrah. Mammoth trip later this week.

stock muffs going on.

47982844467_f97c4804cb_b.jpg

47982845608_bbeef57a6a_b.jpg

With the right tools (and not rusted on bc of recent removal), 24 minutes, including clean up. Sometimes it takes longer for my kids to pick out socks.

WhisperBars going on one last time until next Dec?/Jan?

47990273838_ca2b9c4120_b.jpg

And *insert cliche here* with the stock muffs on, and the bad rear bearing replaced, I can clearly hear one of the front bearings is going bad. :-D

Do you have any pics with the other mufflers on?

Hey cool! I'm heading to Mammoth this weekend too! Trying to get one last ride in before season is over!

Oh, I saw your wagon at the Japanese Cruise in at the Petersen.

47995075901_f1a997574a_b.jpg

Ironically we'll be closer to each other in Mammoth than when we're in LA. I'll hit you up in the PMs.

i left mine at home today.

Wife got a 2018 Pilot and used that a few days last week to get accessories installed. This week i get to drive her old CR-V to sell it. and of course we have contractors using the garage so i can't even do any maintenance while i have a spare car...

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Are those extended hangers in the back? I'm looking at pickig up an LGT exhaust but I was unsure of how the tips sit on the outback rear bumper.

Yeah. I just went to my local Napa and showed them the too short stock one, and said I need it to be 2-3" longer. They came out with 3 options from the back. I've messed around with them here and there to get the fitment right. My tips looks insulated? or dual wall, so maybe that's why I haven't melted my bumper with them tucked up pretty tight. Others have melted.

But LGT exhaust will work. You might need another extended hanger for the Y pipe. And, yes, the exhaust scrapes.

Drove 650 miles round trip to Mammoth for a long snow boarding weekend. Car was great, but the right front bearing was annoyingly loud. I know there are stories of catastrophic bearing failure, so I was stressing about it. Around 82 mph though the resonances cancelled out and it was quieter. :lol:

Need to power wash the bugs off, remove the whisper bars, and make an appointment to get that bearing replaced.

I've been looking for like 5 months now :spin:, and it's hard to find what I want... What's really hard for me is that Oahu is 'crowded' now. I'd love to have a yard, a real garage, plant stuff and things like that. But looks like Oahu is the wrong island to do that. May be able to achieve that on the Big Island or Maui maybe... Still $$$ though :(.

Born there and have never been back. Thanks for the reminder jab. Need to go back.

Car is going over to get the MevoTech control arms, ball joints, WL KCA414 camber bolts installed.

Will remind them to finish the right rear brake lines and check the wheel balance again.

I'm sick of having wheel shake from 70 to 80 mph range. Plus I want all of the lines replaced. Had to buy the small hardline at the control arm since the old one had seized.

Not yet sure. Buddy last night asked if I have a bent wheel.

Makes me what to go buy some new wheels and tires.

Rotors were just swapped with the LGT poor mans big break setup.

Have not considered drive shaft since this is front end related.

I did see your driveshaft maintenance.

Well see how this progresses. Finally have all the bits Needed to get these LCA installed. Current units had the WRX rear bushing but factory stock leading bushing. I'm really hoping this will tighten thing sup and we find a good balance on the wheels.

The freeways over the Altamont have been a construction zone for almost a decade. So these wheels have taken some hits with expansion joint exposure and other rough riding.

I would still be hard pressed to think these wheels are bent.

Edited by kzr750r1