LegacyGT.com

The Official Military Thread

BDII

just a reminder this thread is to list/honor the people who have served or are currently serving if you all want to debate things/issues or start some crap please start a new thread. any questions please feel free to pm me. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is info for those verterans that are lookign for jobs. These guys will help you out with both law enforcement and any other job in your local area. They are paid by the government to help you.

http://www.taonline.com/VetReps/SearchVetRep.asp

If you have any question that you can not get answered on the website let me know.

Most of the state employment agencies have Veterans Service Reps.

When we were looking for a technician we sent the posting to MA DET and they had an email list of all veterans that it went out to. the MA agencies also have regional job fairs pretty frequently. NH wasn't quite so organized but does try to respond to vet requests.

I dunno if this counts but, I will be going active

US army

CDT

2006-

USC ROTC

hoping to branch infantry

Of course it counts, and good luck on the branch selection. It's not the end of the world to be branched otherwise. I was an 11B EM, and got branched Cavalry, and glad I was, in retrospect. Just do your best and it all works out.

For those warriors that serve(d) in the military or law enforement I believe you will appreciate the article below, written by LTC (Ret) Dave Grossman. I//

He gives talks at Sig Sauer Academy (Epping, NH) sometimes, I'm going to have to go hear him talk.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I remember for my last NROTC summer cruise I was cruelly forced to go to NAS Lemoore and ride in Super Hornets. (two words in that sentence were sarcastic, can you guess which ones?)

"summer cruise"?

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Yeah, every summer NROTC and Academy guys had to go on what's called "summer cruise". You spend about 4 weeks each summer (I think longer for boat school) with the fleet--on a ship, with a squadron, or doing some marine thing. There's also cortramid or protramid, where you spend one week each with surface, submarines, aviation, and marines.

Yeah, every summer NROTC and Academy guys had to go on what's called "summer cruise". You spend about 4 weeks each summer (I think longer for boat school) with the fleet--on a ship, with a squadron, or doing some marine thing. There's also cortramid or protramid, where you spend one week each with surface, submarines, aviation, and marines.

I know what a "summer cruise" is. I was trying to be a smartass in my reply to your request to "guess which words are sarcastic".

Thankfully, I don't think my current boat will be used for babysitting wanna-be-maybe JOs who are just out to screw around on "the real thing" playing officer for a week or two and disrupting the normal operations of a submarine while they eat our food, breath our air, take our racks, and fill our san tanks. God forbid there's a WOMAN in the group of middies, do you know the crap we have to go through to make a submarine accommodating for a female? If she ends up screwing a sailor, who goes to Captain's Mast? The bubblehead who actually earned his fish, while she just goes back to whatever school she came from like nothing happened.

Middy riders kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I know what a "summer cruise" is. I was trying to be a smartass in my reply to your request to "guess which words are sarcastic".

Thankfully, I don't think my current boat will be used for babysitting wanna-be-maybe JOs who are just out to screw around on "the real thing" playing officer for a week or two and disrupting the normal operations of a submarine while they eat our food, breath our air, take our racks, and fill our san tanks. God forbid there's a WOMAN in the group of middies, do you know the crap we have to go through to make a submarine accommodating for a female? If she ends up screwing a sailor, who goes to Captain's Mast? The bubblehead who actually earned his fish, while she just goes back to whatever school she came from like nothing happened.

Middy riders kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

If I hadn't joined the Marines I think I would have enjoyed the challenge of submarine service.

The only challenge is not loosing your mind about the stupid shit.

:lol:

Sounds like my current job.

The biggest challenge in the Corps (as an infantry grunt) was doing unto others before they do unto you.

Archived