LegacyGT.com

The Official Military Thread

BDII

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
many times during my tour in Viet Nam i had the infantry boys come back and over a beer tell me how grateful they where that they where supported by the other soldiers namely me and my M109 SP 155mm howitzer gun crew. :lol: thank you for your service. bosco

General George Patton said, "We all know who won the war. The Artillery won the war."

I spoke at length with Colonel Gunther Brehde. He was a LT who jumped into Crete and was later Commandant of the Fallschirmjager school. He fought against American Rangers, Paratroopers, and men of the 1oth Mountain Division, but said American artillery was so good that American Soldiers would advance as little as 100 meters behind the barrage - in the mountains.

Americans invented the Time On Target technique and the results were absolutely devastating. I read a number of German after-action reports and combat memoirs where German officers would mass for a counterattack during the D-Day breakout - only to be devastated without warning.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

General George Patton said, "We all know who won the war. The Artillery won the war."

I spoke at length with Colonel Gunther Brehde. He was a LT who jumped into Crete and was later Commandant of the Fallschirmjager school. He fought against American Rangers, Paratroopers, and men of the 1oth Mountain Division, but said American artillery was so good that American Soldiers would advance as little as 100 meters behind the barrage - in the mountains.

Americans invented the Time On Target technique and the results were absolutely devastating. I read a number of German after-action reports and combat memoirs where German officers would mass for a counterattack during the D-Day breakout - only to be devastated without warning.

Were one to delve into combat deaths in WWII, one would find that the vast majority of combat deaths were due to artillery. At the end of the war, the Americans had the finest combat artillery forces in the world, even better than the Russians. The Russians feared American artillery for its accuracy and TOT. They copied American tactics regarding artillery until the the collapse of the Soviet Union.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

it's a good thing to be proud of your MOS (military occupation specialty) but in reality every MOS is cruical to the final outcome and safety of the troops. bosco

Ya, whoda thunk robot repair would be a critical specialty.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I haven't had alot of time to post lately.

I took command of 147 Adjutant General Company (Postal) on Thursday the 11th of January. For those of you that are familiar with the Military you will understand the responsibility and challenges that I will face over the next year to year and a half. For those of you that are not so familiar...I have 50 Soldiers and 40 civilians that work for me we are responsible for all aspects of postal service and operations in nine locations in three countries.

Congratulations on your new Command!

I'm a customer, sent 17lbs to 2-14 IN, 10th MTN last week. My usual - dried fruit, 20 rolls of Mentos, vitamins, mixed nuts, a few magazines, AA batteries, DVD movies. Gotta get more movies, they seem to get watched quickly. Last one sent was U Turn - I thought it would make sense to infantry Soldiers dealing with the Iraqis.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Thankyou for the congratulations. I am amazed how busy I am. I could not image how much work there would be if I did not have a great staff working for me.

As far as your comment on movies. I averaged a movie a day for my last deployment and more then that on the deployment before. I have friends that watch 2 movies a day Mon-Sat and three to five movies on Sunday. That is alot of movies! It keeps your mind off the work though.

I haven't had alot of time to post lately.

I took command of 147 Adjutant General Company (Postal) on Thursday the 11th of January. For those of you that are familiar with the Military you will understand the responsibility and challenges that I will face over the next year to year and a half. For those of you that are not so familiar...I have 50 Soldiers and 40 civilians that work for me we are responsible for all aspects of postal service and operations in nine locations in three countries.

congrats on the new command i'm sure you will do well. stay focused. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Congratulations- that's a real hard working bunch. I never envied the ones who had to inspect all the packages and put up with all the crap they took. The mail truck drivers were the only civilian truck drivers I could tolerate. I'd hate to be the truck with a USPS logo on the cab in Iraq.

Enjoy your new command.

• 1 month later...
Well I can still post in this thread for another 3 days. After 9 years in I am finally getting my medical seperation from the USAF. Have to love military docs. The whole process started when I was in Iraq in winter of 04-05 and once I arrived back to home station I went to get my back checked out. It took a year before they would MRI me to actually see what was wrong and low and behold 4 bulged disc's. So a year after that my package went in front of a medical board and they are seperating me with pay so I can not complain. It's been a fun ride but glad its over time to start something else in my life. Thank you for the rest of you guys that are still serving and the ones in the past.

You can still post here. We don't mind. I've been out since '97, after 7 years in. I hope that you can still work, the tax free medical pay with insurance will help out alot, but it won't do everything.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

You can still post here. We don't mind. I've been out since '97, after 7 years in. I hope that you can still work, the tax free medical pay with insurance will help out alot, but it won't do everything.

i've been out 37 yrs. and i still plan on posting here :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:That a long time old man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no shit after i posted that i thought not a good idea. :lol: you just keep up the good work and stay focused so someday you can be the old man. btw it still feels as good now as it did when i was young. :icon_wink bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

no shit after i posted that i thought not a good idea. :lol: you just keep up the good work and stay focused so someday you can be the old man. btw it still feels as good now as it did when i was young. :icon_wink bosco

At least when I am old I will have an excuss to be grouchy :) Now people just think I am an @sshole.

Archived