• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
United States Marine Corps (Reserves)

E4/ Corporal

0313/ 0311

2003-Present (out in 2009)

Quantico, VA

Only place overseas I have been is Moracco. Not Iraq...atleast...not yet, but god knows.

I did the Iraq thing as a reservist in the USMC. (0351)

If you get to go, you'll have a great time.:lol:

• 2 months later...
United States Marine Corps (Reserves)

E4/ Corporal

0313/ 0311

2003-Present (out in 2009)

Quantico, VA

Only place overseas I have been is Moracco. Not Iraq...atleast...not yet, but god knows.

Semper Fi! fellow 0311/8152 here...

Happy Memorial day and thank you for your service!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

1. Texas Army National Guard

2. SGT

3. Jun 2003 - Present

4. Camp Mabry, Austin, Texas

5. Deployed so far

East Europe: Kosovo Dec 2005 - Dec 2006

Iraq 2008

Computer Help Desk and Computer repair for the State of Texas.

The Guard isn't just a weekend warrior thing anymore.

Jumping in on this a little late...

1. US Public Health Service

2. LT (LCDR as of 01Jul07)

3. 10Oct05 to present

4. HHS HQ, Washington, DC; transferring to Reg II HQ, NYC, 17Aug07.

We're one of the two federal uniformed services no one remembers (the Commissioned Corps of NOAA being the other), until I point out that the Surgeon General of the United States (the one who keeps putting his/her warning on cigarette boxes) is a 3-star admiral in the USPHS...

Andy :) | My Whips :redface:

might as well add mine in...

1. USAF

2. E5 1C271 combat control

3. 12 Feb 2001-present

4. keflavik iceland, korea, hurlburt field afb fl(present)

deployed locations.....everywhere possible in SE asia, africa, south america, east europe, and a few more growing yearly!

stage 2

Tell me about it. Even more strange is that I've heard the courts have also decided that the civilian laws don't necessarily apply to us (i.e., we should be held to a more strict standard than civilians, a la UCMJ), so we're often in a kind of legal limbo.

From a distance, we look like Naval officers, so I'm always being confused with being Navy. Find out more about us at http://www.usphs.gov.

Andy :) | My Whips :redface:

From a distance, we look like Naval officers, so I'm always being confused with being Navy. Find out more about us at www.usphs.gov.

Perhaps your service is a spin off of the naval service. You do after all sport an anchor in your seal.

Found the answer: 1798—John Adams, second president of the United States, signed into law the Act for the Relief of Sick and Disabled Seamen. A year later, Congress extended the Act to cover every officer and sailor in the U.S. Navy. The Act led to the gradual creation of a loose network of locally controlled marine hospitals along coastal and inland waterways.

http://commcorps.shs.net/aboutus/history.aspx

Yar! nah me matey's! Tis da Navy's Enlisted man's uni that tis "FTW"

[cough]Sorry[/cough] my pirate came out there for a minute. I'll chime in and state that "dirty-enlisted" dress Blues are the best uniforms if, for nothing else, the 13 buttons, t-shirt & tunic, and flat-hat. It's an instantly "known" classic.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Sorry, I'll take my 13 button "Marine serving platter" over all others.......:lol:

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Archived