LegacyGT.com

The Official Military Thread

BDII

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still around! Congratulations Andrew and good luck!

I must have posted before but I have an update.

Still Army, just selected for promotion to Sergeant Major (1 May), still stationed at West Point.

Regards

I am leaving Active Duty and entering the Reserves.

I am probably going to accept a civilian position as a ROTC Instructor (Contractor). I could get paid alot more to do it on active duty but AC is tired of me getting deployed, working crazy hours and having no stability in our lives. Nto that I particularly like any of those things but I could have lived with it if she was happy.

just hit the 70 days left milestone, cant wait to get the f out of iraq and back home.

But Iraq is such a nice scenic place, everyone loves it! J/K did my tour in 2004 with the USMC.

Make it home safe!

By the way my dog and the dog in your avatar look very similar.:)

army (active)

staff sergeant 11B3P5W(airborne infantry, jump master)

JUNE 1 1999-still in

99-02 ft bragg, nc

02-03 camp hovey korea

03 -05 ft bragg, nc iraq and afganistan

05-june 08 quincy, ma

july 08-??? ft carson. i grew up 5 min away from carson so im lovin that i get to serve at home(the unit im going to is deploying to iraq when i get there)

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Damn, I'm glad this thread keeps getting revived.

My deployment on the giant pigboat from hell is just about over. We turn this beast over to the other crew tomorrow, but we're still stuck here in Guam until late this month.

FIRST SSGN MISSION COMPLETE! The BLUE crew has done it...no mater how much crap broke that should have kept us from being out to sea...we just kept the busted top spinning...like we always do.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

• 3 weeks later...

USAF (active)

SSGT/E-5

x2E1X1 (Satellite, Wideband, and Telemetry Systems)(Comm Guy!)

99-02- Hickam AFB, HI (15 Comm Sq)(Mobile Combat Communications)

02-07- Edwards AFB, CA (412 Logistics Test Sq)(worked test/development of Global Hawk Unmanned Recon Aircraft)

07-Present- Charleston AFB, SC (437 OGS)(C-17 Special Ops Comm)(Best job EVER!)

if i didnt reenlist in 2006 id be getting out in june08. but i love my job. im headed to ft carson in june. which wil be wierd sence i spent all my time in the 82nd airborne light infantry to a mech infantry unit. oh well im from there so im like 10 min from home

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

• 3 weeks later...

1. US Army

2. SGT (MOS: 14S, 71L)

3. May 1992-May 1995/Army Nat'l Guard May 95-April 97/Active Army April 97-Jun 2000.

4. Sep 92-May 95, Wackernheim Germany (5-5 ADA, 1st Armored Div), WA Army National Guard (Seattle, 81st In Bde), May 97-July 97 Fort Jackson, SC. July 97-July 98 - Camp Carroll, Korea (57th MP Co, 8th MP Bde). July 98-Jun 2000, Fort Lewis, WA (HHC I Corps). Currently Work as GS Civilian in HQ, I Corps.

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

What?!? :confused:

I shouldn't have replied/bumped the thread with my reply right before his. He may have missed it, otherwise :) lol :)

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

Just found this :), im in Baghdad, Iraq right now... were having 45 knot winds and sand storms woohoo...

my info :

US Air Force

E-6 TSgt ( 8.5 years as 2T370 Mechanic, 1.5/current as 2T377 Fleet Manager)

03/97 to Present

Current Home station is Moody AFB Georgia

Deployed to Sather Air Base, Iraq

History:

Kirtland AFB, NM

Spangdahlem, Germany

Moody AFB

Dep:

Leece Italy

Talil (Ali AB) Iraq

Baghdad, Iraq

Kirkuk Iraq

Balad Iraq

Kirkuk Iraq

and now back to Baghdad Iraq...

:iam:

I have a car

USN active

enlisted in 1992

USS Alexandria (SSN 757)/SS 1994-2000

Instructor duty in Charleston, SC

MMC/SS in 2000

ENS (LDO) in 2001

USS John C Stennis (CVN 74)/SWO 2002-2004

Portsmouth Naval Shipyard...

...so this is what shore life is like...hmmm. i kinda likes it!

thanks for all the hard work pounding the ground...i kept the carrier in the wind and the jets in the air for support for a while...some of the briefings were intense, when they let the rest of us in on it...some of the mess stories were unbelievable from the pilots. keeping you all in my thoughts... be safe, come home!

USAF

E-4 (2E0X1 - 4 years, 3C2X1 - 3 years)

09/99-10/02 (Active Duty) 10/02-11/06 (Oregon ANG)

Robins AFB, GA (06/00-10/02)

Camp Rilea, OR (11/02-11/06)

With over a year total at Keesler AFB, MS for training.

I Palace Chase'd out of Active Duty as I didn't really want to spend my 4-year enlistment at Robins. And after spending four years in a poorly run Guard unit, I was pretty happy to be done with it all. Of course, the experiences made up for any negative aspects and I don't have too many regrets.

USN active

enlisted in 1992

USS Alexandria (SSN 757)/SS 1994-2000

Instructor duty in Charleston, SC

MMC/SS in 2000

ENS (LDO) in 2001

USS John C Stennis (CVN 74)/SWO 2002-2004

Portsmouth Naval Shipyard...

Hey, someone else who wears "Fish". I spent 15 months in PNSY from 99-00 while we took the 751 through it's first DMP. I really, really liked that area. As a single sailor, Portsmouth and UNH made for some very good and vivid memories. So has the Shipyard still in Maine, or has New Hampshire finally won the court case to take that bit of land away from Maine?

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Archived