LegacyGT.com

The Official Military Thread

BDII

Okay, random post:

If any of you (especially those that are prior service) have an interest in working with youngsters ages 12-18 in a military environment, I volunteer with the US Army Cadet Corps. It's similar to JROTC, but community-based (as opposed to school-based) and more oriented to career exploration (as opposed to citizenship and academics). We have extremely strong support from the Office of the Chief, Army Reserve, and we're currently in the process of getting legislation passed through Congress to make us the official cadet organization of the US Army (similar to how the Navy has a relationship with the Naval Sea Cadets, the USMC has a relationship with the Young Marines, and the USAF has a relationship with the Civil Air Patrol).

Check out our site at www.armycadets.org and our recruiting video below:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nlqjo2Pncg]YouTube - U.S. Army Cadet Corps[/ame]

If you're interested in volunteering, please shoot me a PM. It is pretty time-consuming, but it's a great program. I currently oversee four units in the NY/NJ area (and we're all based at Army or ARNG facilities), and we continue to grow and need more adults to provide supervision and guidance.

Andy

Andy :) | My Whips :redface:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whats up guys, new to da forums here.

OS2 on board USS Independence CV-62 and USS Kitty Hawk CV-63 aka Shitty Kitty aka Battle cat lol

Both carriers home based in Yokosuka Japan, I did 4 years active duty and been to tons of countries during my tour. I never regretted not one day being stationed outside of the US and in the service, i loved it, and was in process of going through the enlisted to officer program before i got my GF at the time pregnant, and was persuaded to get out by freinds, GF, and family so i could be around more for my daughter. I miss the military, it was my dream to be a pilot since i saw Top Gun in da movie theatres when i was a kid :lol: Oh well now i'm just a Dispatch Supervisor for UPS :icon_roll

Okay, random post:

If any of you (especially those that are prior service) have an interest in working with youngsters ages 12-18 in a military environment, I volunteer with the US Army Cadet Corps. It's similar to JROTC, but community-based (as opposed to school-based) and more oriented to career exploration (as opposed to citizenship and academics). We have extremely strong support from the Office of the Chief, Army Reserve, and we're currently in the process of getting legislation passed through Congress to make us the official cadet organization of the US Army (similar to how the Navy has a relationship with the Naval Sea Cadets, the USMC has a relationship with the Young Marines, and the USAF has a relationship with the Civil Air Patrol).

If you're interested in volunteering, please shoot me a PM. It is pretty time-consuming, but it's a great program. I currently oversee four units in the NY/NJ area (and we're all based at Army or ARNG facilities), and we continue to grow and need more adults to provide supervision and guidance.

Andy

That's great! I have three young kids and run a business so volunteering would be tough, but I'll find a way to support it.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

1. Branch: USN

2. Rank: E-6/AM1 (Aviation Structural Mechanic First Class)

3. Dates served: JUL97-SEP07(active), OCT07-Present(reserve)

4. Duty stations: USS Peleliu LHA-5 NAVSTA San Diego 1998-2001, VS-41 NAS North Island 2001-2004, VAW-112 NAS Point Mugu 2004-2007. VR-55 NAS Point Mugu (present reserve command)

• 4 weeks later...
Do we have any Navy Chiefs in here? I just have a couple of questions. Thanks!

What do you need/want to know? PM if you'd like.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

For those with prior or current survice in the USN this a great website to catch up with ol' freinds http://navy.togetherweserved.com/usn/index.jsp

Very true! Found an old shipmate that I hadn't seen/heard from since my earlier Navy days... Think I just came off deployment on the Ark, when I last saw him...lol

SBT

I need to update my listing, since a few things have changed. :)

USN

ENS (aka I have no idea what's going on)

Active: May 08 - Present

Aviation training, Pensacola, FL

1. United States Army Reserve

2. E-4 to Cadet @ Penn State University

3. 2003-2004, 2006-Present

4. I have been to many

I just graduated from there. Enjoy it... I'm going to miss State College.

I need to update my listing, since a few things have changed. :)

USN

ENS (aka I have no idea what's going on)

Active: May 08 - Present

Aviation training, Pensacola, FL

I just graduated from there. Enjoy it... I'm going to miss State College.

Well, for a season you're going to be perceived as another JO that "continually pushes on doors marked pull", until you've proved your mettle or have "upgraded" that butter bar.

Congratulations and well done! BTW - Love State College too.

SBT

1. Branch: USN

2. Rank: E-6/AM1 (Aviation Structural Mechanic First Class)

3. Dates served: JUL97-SEP07(active), OCT07-Present(reserve)

4. Duty stations: USS Peleliu LHA-5 NAVSTA San Diego 1998-2001, VS-41 NAS North Island 2001-2004, VAW-112 NAS Point Mugu 2004-2007. VR-55 NAS Point Mugu (present reserve command)

did you do a trip on stennis. i might be mixing squadrons up. i was on stennis jan 02 to oct 04. vs-41 sounds familiar. later. also, was a chief, commissioned LDO.

did you do a trip on stennis. i might be mixing squadrons up. i was on stennis jan 02 to oct 04. vs-41 sounds familiar. later. also, was a chief, commissioned LDO.

I actually did a few carrier qual detachments on the Stennis while it was still in San Diego. VS-41 is a training/FRS squadron so we were on every carrier on the west coast (even the connie before she decommed). And in 2006, I returned to the Stennis with VAW-112 for the work up cycles and deployed with her in 2007. That ship is near and dear to me because it was the first Navy ship I stepped on when I was in VA back in 98 as an Airman recruit (just visiting) and the last ship I stepped off when I separated from active duty after deployment last year.

Archived