LegacyGT.com

The Official Military Thread

BDII

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to the BAR (Basic Airborne Refresher) here at Fort Bragg tomorrow.

If my orders get cut I should be jumping on Saturday or Sunday.

One of those things you dread doing right before, and can't wait to do again right after....

My last jump was at dawn on my 30th birthday at Ranger School, Eglin AFB, 1983. I have already told my daughters never to trust a man unwilling to exit an aircraft while in flight.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I think that's bassackwards - it is "Don't trust men who jump out of perfectly good airplanes or squids who ride in boats that sink on purpose..."

No such thing as a perfectly good airplane!

Airborne FTMFW!

Nice pics above, dmp.... I have many good ones of us slinging and dropping our howitzers from CH47s that I will post when I can.

nothing wrong with jumping out of airplanes been there done that. now going underwater in a sub different story.

Just to get the record straight... Submarines submerge, not sink...:cool: and there are more planes on the bottom of the ocean than submarines:lol:

Just remember... Submariners go deeper and stay longer!!!! ;)

Best reason to not join the Navy? If you go to war, would you rather get shot, or drown?

:)

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

The Recruiters have it all wrong: "Join the Army and see the world - we have the part you can walk on."

Of course, that also includes garden spots like Korea, Iraq, A-Stan, and Fort Benning.....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Punching holes in the ocean is not a bad thing. It's actually quite cool. You can fly, you just do it quieter and deeper.;)
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

One of those things you dread doing right before, and can't wait to do again right after....

Right on! Well, unless you keep having lousy rear PLF's!

My last jump was at dawn on my 30th birthday at Ranger School, Eglin AFB, 1983. I have already told my daughters never to trust a man unwilling to exit an aircraft while in flight.

Are those your daughters in your avatar??? ;)

• 3 months later...

1. US Army (honorably discharged...Or I just wanted to be able to pick my clothes in the morning)

2. SGT (26Y,29Y,31S Satellite Communications Equipment Repairman)

3. Jul 87 - Aug 96

4. Multiple: Ft. Gordon, GA (too many times there), Okinawa Japan and Augsburg Germany

(served during fights in Panama and Gulf War I, no combat, but I begged to go)

I'm still serving as a civil servant (or simple servant). So 21 years now with Uncle Sam and still going.

1. US Army (honorably discharged...Or I just wanted to be able to pick my clothes in the morning)

2. SGT (26Y,29Y,31S Satellite Communications Equipment Repairman)

3. Jul 87 - Aug 96

4. Multiple: Ft. Gordon, GA (too many times there), Okinawa Japan and Augsburg Germany

(served during fights in Panama and Gulf War I, no combat, but I begged to go)

I'm still serving as a civil servant (or simple servant). So 21 years now with Uncle Sam and still going.

I'm at Gordon for training right now. Did you like it here?

1. US Air Force

2. E5, 1C251 combat control, now 3P071 security forces

3. still in...

4. keesler afb, lackand afb, fort bragg, fort campbell, hurlburt field

5. deployed to everywhere....balad ab, bagram ab, kandahar, camp bucca, baghdad international, new orleans during katrina, all over columbia, kenya, and the phillipines

and im about to leave again for a year....i thought i was going to get out of deploying all the time by cross training......:mad:

stage 2

I'm at Gordon for training right now. Did you like it here?

Man, I was there for parts of the following years: 1987, 1988, 1990 - 1992, 1993, 1994 - 1996, 200, 2001.

Once I was a civilian, going there was OK. I mean, I'm from NY (not the city). And Augusta does not like the military (at least prior to 9/11), and the whole "south" thing just wasn't me. There's a few good people there, but not my cup of tea. I even owned a home there for a while, but just didn't warm up to the place.

I guess when you ask people there where have they traveled in their lives, and they say "Hot-lanta", you know you've reached the end of the educational rope.

My favorite bar was a place on Washington road called Rhineharts. They had a volleyball pit in the back, and a huge tree growing through the middle of the bar. I guess the best place for beer now is across from the theatre off Wheeler road.

Archived