LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

I changed my oil this weekend on '12 GT. It is only being driven 3 seasons (no winters) and usually not in the rain. I was able to pull the push pins out by hand and the screw came out with a bare socket (I didn't need a wrench for leverage) Two years ago, I had replace my lower heat shield and used new push pins, so all the fasteners are relatively new.

i got a big assortment set of different size push pins and a baggy of 100 of the bumper size pins a few years back, they're so handy to have around, definitely recommend everyone to have them and just replace them when they're sticky or one of the legs break or whatever

Little detail that I've been wanting to do for a long, long time now: H6 fender badges. These are OEM badges from JDM H6 4th gens, and I think they make a lovely accent on a 5th gen. I was originally going to go with the Piston 6 badge from 3rd gen GT30/RS30's, but I'm glad I went with these ones instead. I love them.

R9u9T7Q.jpg

lr114kV.jpg

0Hudl6Q.jpg

Rz8rS81.jpg

vKQ0iM4.jpg

yvNSjCV.jpg

Finally put on the replacement bumper with fogs I bought back in November. I was tired and didn't pull it out in the sun to check the paint match, but I can already tell it's not quite right. Oh well, didn't expect perfection for a $250 bumper. Also changed out all the lights in the front to LED.

Driver headlight lens replaced via the oven bake method. Don’t have a before on the car but lens is beyond refinishing. 1db56ba790168674e1e0b64e0e603891.jpg

9bfa669f185f6653d9874941e5014926.jpg

55705f176a5d2760a10f7212a2d7a38d.jpg

11792239b17df0f2c2160398140f59e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by wrxwhit

I just shopped on eBay for the whole assembly preferably one with broken tabs as they are cheaper. Mines not a direct swap as I have customized them with halos, projectors and blacked out.

You know, I think I have seen a company that just makes the lenses which I can’t remember when I was researching, but not sure on fitment accuracy hence going the used route

Ok, thanks for the info. I thought there might be a site that just sold the lense. I'm the same as you with the headlight being blacked out with halos.

You can find them on Aliexpress for around $100 shipped if you're willing to wait a month or two for them.

Neither the lens nor the overall shape of the housing is different for any world market. The differences are in the motorized adjusting/factory HID/lack of side marker in the non-USDM lights. The lens' are identical for all 5th gens.

Detailed it myself for the first time ever during the weekend.

Also, didn’t do it yet, but I’m planning on painting my calipers this Thursday. I can’t decide between black or blue , and just wanted some opinions

2bd6f68a0863a75567288cb0251c8c52.jpg

I want to eventually change the wheels to black

Edited by Niko0422

Neither the lens nor the overall shape of the housing is different for any world market. The differences are in the motorized adjusting/factory HID/lack of side marker in the non-USDM lights. The lens' are identical for all 5th gens.

Wow, really? All this time reading here i thought I gathered that the US headlights were slightly different shape. I even held off getting used facelift lights when I was there, should have gotten those!

The lights are just about the only thing that's the same shape between USDM and JDM. Virtually everything else is different, even down to the light brackets, but the lights themselves are physically interchangeable. I do believe USDM and JDM have different plugs though.

Only other part I know that's interchangeable weirdly is the post-facelift foglight bezels. The JDM and USDM post-facelift front ends are much more similar than pre-facelift, so much so that the OEM option LED fog bezels for facelift can fit USDM with no modification.