LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Have the same one sitting in a box waiting to go on. That second unit I didn't get however

According to the posts here you will need that second unit (the adapter) to fit the 3 port BCS, so you will need to get that.

My same BCS and adapter are just laying around in quarantine too lol!

This is what I ordered. GT Teaser had it in a post a ways back.

https://www.grimmspeed.com/electronic-boost-control-solenoid-3-port-solenoid-only-2015-wrx-fa20-2010-2012-lgt/

https://www.grimmspeed.com/turbo-inlet-adapter-2015-wrx-fa20-2010-2012-lgt/

So the tuning is on hold for a couple days until I can sort out the boost controller.

Yeah, I think those are the correct parts for our GT. I now remember while I was installing the FA WRX kit, I looked at the website and those parts would have been slightly better. I didn't use the solenoid bracket and I needed more hose (which I fortunately had laying around)

Edited by dgoodhue

Internally the motor is stock.

Fuel delivery is stock

Clutch is newer exedy oem replacement, it was done when I bought the car

Only mods are an Invidia Catted Turbo back exhaust and a turbosmart compact BPV.

So our only "performance" difference is the cat-back exhaust (I have the magnaflow catback after the invidia downpipe), but I'm sure they're nearly identical. Should be a good 1:1 comparison.

I'm interested to see how your clutch does as well... I slip my stage 2 southbend when the boost comes on.

So our only "performance" difference is the cat-back exhaust (I have the magnaflow catback after the invidia downpipe), but I'm sure they're nearly identical. Should be a good 1:1 comparison.

I'm interested to see how your clutch does as well... I slip my stage 2 southbend when the boost comes on.

Just curious, how are you noticing slip? I have been on the same OEM clutch for 20k+ miles and not noticed any slip, gear indicator changing or rpms rising too fast.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When I was doing pulls, the rpm's would jump 500-800 before the clutch would re-grab and they'd drop back to normal. Afterwards (with more weight than just me in the car), I've noticed some CVT-esque rpm's in 4th gear, where it rises quickly then stays somewhat constant until the car speed catches up. This is of course at full throttle, and usually only happens when I get on it before the turbo is spooled. I think the transient wave of torque just temporarily overpowers it.

This is what you will need but you have to modify it. It is setup of the for the WRX air intake but our is oriented slight different and the hose diameter going to the turbo wastegate actuator is smaller on our cars.

That's weird - it's literally the same part called out for both cars from Subaru... the two links from Grimmspeed look to be the two parts separately (and add up to the same $150 as the whole part...)

Thus far on ~10 3rd gear pulls I have had zero clutch slippage. I'm only on the second revision and we discovered the boost control solenoid is stuck. We're kind of on hold until I get that fixed. Hopefully I can resume this weekend.

It's making some good power. I'm excited to see just what Ed can do.

This is the virtual dyno chart - XRT v1 Tune against the cobb ots stage 2 93 octane. Impressive gains, and lower in the rpm band. The torque is nuts, but so far the clutch has held fine

Image-1.jpg.58e7ac7265d08163bbdac82f6944f31e.jpg

Edited by poconoracing

Purchased recently silver interior trims and shipped straight to my friend in China, who organized carbon wrap for me. Got the picture of result (wrapped with real carbon) today and currently pending for shipping back to me:

vgAAAgMnfeA-960.jpg

Purchased recently silver interior trims and shipped straight to my friend in China, who organized carbon wrap for me. Got the picture of result (wrapped with real carbon) today and currently pending for shipping back to me:

I've always dreamed about having legit carbon or wood veneer interior. Carbon doesn't quite match my tan interior but super excited to see the end results!

That's weird - it's literally the same part called out for both cars from Subaru... the two links from Grimmspeed look to be the two parts separately (and add up to the same $150 as the whole part...)

boost_solenoid_2015wrx_6_1600__45069.1430155305.jpg?c=2

I went out my garage to look at '11 GT turbo inlet tube. The issue for 5th Gen GT is boost solenoid port is located where the larger bypass tube is and bypass valve tube is located where the boost solenoid is. The two tubes interfere where the 3 port solenoid mounts in a FA WRX.

boost_solenoid_2015wrx_6_1600__45069.1430155305.jpg?c=2

I went out my garage to look at '11 GT turbo inlet tube. The issue for 5th Gen GT is boost solenoid port is located where the larger bypass tube is and bypass valve tube is located where the boost solenoid is. The two tubes interfere where the 3 port solenoid mounts in a FA WRX.

Here is a pic of our inlet, for reference.28cebd9cce4add31b203aabc2ca08dd4.jpg

Yes S2 it seems the Perrin unit comes with its own bracket and mounts to the turbo inlet bolt, I don't recall the Perrin unit being available when I bought my GS one, but it has been a while.

Edit-Well here is something to consider in the Perrin vs Gs debate. The perrin unit leaves the stock solenoid in place and uses it to pass vented air back to the intake. So it is used with the perrin unit as an always open solenoid. I'm not sure I would use the perrin unit unless you get rid of the stock solenoid. Simplicity in this case won me over.

Source: https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2820199

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by FLlegacy

Grimm Speed 3 port ECBS is IN!

Also put in an AEM Dryflow filter and changed the oil with Rotella T6

Now ... to continue tuning with Ed at XRT.

MarcoGT - I mounted mine to the bottom of the rad support in the bracket the rubbers for the radiator sit in. There is an extra hole in the rear of the mount, it worked well and kept the hose lengths fairly short. Here is a picture of the one on the drivers side I go off the web, the blue arrow is pointing at it. There is the same on the passenger side. There are no instructions so if there is a better location someone will chime in I'm sure

Capture.thumb.PNG.7125c95f17caf3ce9794b8b2ae8483df.PNG

Edited by poconoracing

Appreciate the picture of the stock inlet and the link! It was a good read.

Where did you mount the solenoid? If you don't mind me asking

I mounted mine to the tab just ahead of the radiator that doesn't appear to be for anything else, I can get a picture tomorrow if I remember.

Not nearly as exciting as an EBCS, but I hand washed and spray waxed both the GT and Forester. First time for both.

Also swapped in new wipers all around. Weird thing is the only place you can find front wipers for the Forester is Subaru. They are some square button style, not the j-hook style all our other Subaru’s have been.

6c509936a881d5fbdc6e7aa1163f0a36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally bit the bullet and made my appointment for my LGT recalls. Turns out I have three of them pending... Air bag, parking brake actuator and windshield wiper motor cover.

My car is so far from normal at this point that I will have to chat with the mechanic to tell him all the funky stuff going on.

I really hate to put the mechanics of my car into someone else's hands!!

I'm wondering if I should load my break in tune, so they can't take it for a joy ride...?

On another note, I think I have one more log to send before starting corn!! I will hopefully be smelling the sweet (?) smell of corn in the morning.:)

I finally bit the bullet and made my appointment for my LGT recalls. Turns out I have three of them pending... Air bag, parking brake actuator and windshield wiper motor cover.

My car is so far from normal at this point that I will have to chat with the mechanic to tell him all the funky stuff going on.

I really hate to put the mechanics of my car into someone else's hands!!

I'm wondering if I should load my break in tune, so they can't take it for a joy ride...?

On another note, I think I have one more log to send before starting corn!! I will hopefully be smelling the sweet (?) smell of corn in the morning.:)

I would talk to your tuner before putting the "break in" map back in if you are seriously worried about some kid joy riding your car. He should be able to take your current tune and limit the torque request and rpm as a valet tune. shouldn't be a big deal since its almost dialed in at this point. I haven't gotten any of the same recalls done to mine yet, my local Subaru dealer is seriously the worst. I've ordered parts before, paid up front, they refund my money without contacting me. Then when I call they tell me they cant get the part?! I know its BS. Btw, anyone got the part number for the T to the PCV?

I would talk to your tuner before putting the "break in" map back in if you are seriously worried about some kid joy riding your car. He should be able to take your current tune and limit the torque request and rpm as a valet tune. shouldn't be a big deal since its almost dialed in at this point. I haven't gotten any of the same recalls done to mine yet, my local Subaru dealer is seriously the worst. I've ordered parts before, paid up front, they refund my money without contacting me. Then when I call they tell me they cant get the part?! I know its BS. Btw, anyone got the part number for the T to the PCV?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll ask him when I send my next log.

I'm not sure what to expect from the dealer? I always buy parts from this particular dealer, but never have anyone else work on my cars, so not sure how the shop is.

I have an extra (practically new) PCV setup since I installed the IAG air oil separator, but don't know the part number of the T off hand.

I also finally made an appointment to get my tint done a week from this Friday.