LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Anyone running the V Style lip in a place that gets a lot of snow?

Any issues with it pulling off?

I am going to fasten it with the self tapping screws it came with and add some 3m tape as well.

Had no issues here in snowy Chicago so far this year. Only used the self tapers on mine as well. You should be good unless you're doing some serious plowing lol.

Anyone running the V Style lip in a place that gets a lot of snow?

Any issues with it pulling off?

I am going to fasten it with the self tapping screws it came with and add some 3m tape as well.

I will eventually, but before the snow falls I'm going to add washers. The screws have a decent size head, but the holes in my lip were so big, it wouldn't take much for them to pull through. Might want to do that just as a preventative measure if you have some handy.

Well how about that...Becks1818 just mentioned the other day the slight rivalry between the USA and Canadian Hockey teams...LOL.1d885bbbb0482773d4ce9869f9d957e6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

LOL

It was a good game for both sides.

The shootout needs to be abolished. That's no way to lose a game, especially on that platform .

I could definitely get behind changing it to sudden-death 5-a-side 30-minute overtime periods for the quarters through the final (same as the NHL playoffs), but probably not for the prelims. Full-strength OT can make for some pretty long games, which probably doesn't work out well if there's a schedule to keep for either the ice or the TV cameras. I remember watching a Hawks game a few years back that went fairly deep into a 3rd OT period- fun to watch, but it was a late night.

Speaking of things that need to be abolished- ties in the NFL. Overtime rules are one of the things I do agree with in college football.

I could definitely get behind changing it to sudden-death 5-a-side 30-minute overtime periods for the quarters through the final (same as the NHL playoffs), but probably not for the prelims. Full-strength OT can make for some pretty long games, which probably doesn't work out well if there's a schedule to keep for either the ice or the TV cameras. I remember watching a Hawks game a few years back that went fairly deep into a 3rd OT period- fun to watch, but it was a late night.

Speaking of things that need to be abolished- ties in the NFL. Overtime rules are one of the things I do agree with in college football.

I love the NHL's 3 on 3 overtime format. Unreal hockey. I would love to see 3 on 3 , 5min periods continuous OT. It would be really fast, wide open hockey and it wouldn't stretch too long. Everyone would be gassed.

wednesday night drags starts march 14th...counting the days!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

is it motul 75w90 300 or the motul 75w90 300 LS? and how many liter for the trans 5?

EDIT..... never mind found what I couldn't previously found...

Rear diff and 6MT use the same weight

From a post a while back:

Been liking Extra-S

Tightening torque 6MT:

44 N·m (4.5 kgf-m, 32.5 ft-lb) (Aluminum gasket silver) (this is the one gotten from the dealer)

70 N·m (7.1 kgf-m, 51.6 ft-lb) (Copper gasket brown)

70 N·m (7.1 kgf-m, 51.6 ft-lb) (Metal gasket black)

Gear oil capacity: 3.7 liters (3.9 US qt, 3.3 Imp qt)

Extra S for the rear diff as well

Oil capacity: 0.8 liters (0.8 US qt, 0.7 Imp qt)

Tightening torque: 49 N·m (5.0 kgf-m, 36.1 ft-lb)

Edited by SpidermanMTL

The LS is for limited slip clutches which we do not have. Motul300 75w90 is what I think your looking for.
correction...Limited slip diffs.

You want Motul Gear300 which is 75W-90. I think Motul 300 is for motorcycles.

Anyone know where I can find a rear diffuser and spats/side rear?...not side skirts, but the splitters on the rear bumper

Not anywhere on this continent. There's a set of SWP OEM rear spats that have been on Croooober forever. Pretty cheap (only about $25), but shipping will be expensive. I got a shipping quote to Chicago and it was around $80 for shipping. https://www.croooober.com/en/item/6875197

Other than that, you can go with the Ebay 3-piece set that's a clone of the DAMD rear bumper kit. Has a middle piece and two side pieces. The side pieces are fine enough, but the middle piece is a bit of a pain to fit to the USDM bumper, and the fit isn't great. I got mine second hand, so I just have the middle piece. Held on with self-tappers and 3m tape. It does looks nice though. https://www.ebay.com/itm/322693902527

Other than that, there's a bevy of rear lip options, but they're all expensive and all will have to be shipped from Japan, so figure $1000 at least just to start.

Not anywhere on this continent. There's a set of SWP OEM rear spats that have been on Croooober forever. Pretty cheap (only about $25), but shipping will be expensive. I got a shipping quote to Chicago and it was around $80 for shipping. https://www.croooober.com/en/item/6875197

Other than that, you can go with the Ebay 3-piece set that's a clone of the DAMD rear bumper kit. Has a middle piece and two side pieces. The side pieces are fine enough, but the middle piece is a bit of a pain to fit to the USDM bumper, and the fit isn't great. I got mine second hand, so I just have the middle piece. Held on with self-tappers and 3m tape. It does looks nice though. https://www.ebay.com/itm/322693902527

Other than that, there's a bevy of rear lip options, but they're all expensive and all will have to be shipped from Japan, so figure $1000 at least just to start.

thanks

I don't like the croober model... and I found the ebay one (because thats the set I want) but they don't ship to Canada... :mad:

K2Gear also makes a 3-piece kit similar to the DAMD ones, and the fit looks really nice, but they only list them specifically for the Wagon, so I'm not sure if they'd fit the sedan properly. They're also pretty expensive and still have to deal with shipping from Japan.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l431837792

t411PUC.png

oUd3vRl.png