LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HALO is retarded anyhow. Regardless of it being functional or not. The drivers are now in full snowflake mode. Freaking soon enough they will race on simulators from the safety of their goddamn mansions. Bullshit... all of it is bullshit. Racing used to be for those who had little to no fear. Now it had been turned into ******* bumper cars or some such. I don't like it.

Bosco's avatar has an error in it. Goddamn error in it! What's up with that? It is bullshit!

History lesson.

When I first joined the forum I used one of the avatars available in the Edit Avatar section.

I was giving out some of my worldly advice/knowledge when answering a question a member had.

Laz thought it was some good advice (for) you and made the avatar you see now there was not enough room to have it be gramatically correct.

I like it and have had it for over ten years iirc.

:p

Stay Stock Stay Happy

The HALO is retarded anyhow. Regardless of it being functional or not. The drivers are now in full snowflake mode. Freaking soon enough they will race on simulators from the safety of their goddamn mansions. Bullshit... all of it is bullshit. Racing used to be for those who had little to no fear. Now it had been turned into ******* bumper cars or some such. I don't like it.

Honestly, I don't think the drivers generally wanted the Halo. It was the FIA. Maybe a few drivers wanted it but I think most didn't have an opinion.

History lesson.

When I first joined the forum I used one of the avatars available in the Edit Avatar section.

I was giving out some of my worldly advice/knowledge when answering a question a member had.

Laz thought it was some good advice (for) you and made the avatar you see now there was not enough room to have it be gramatically correct.

I like it and have had it for over ten years iirc.

:p

Never looked closely enough to notice. Apparently, reading > me.

Never looked closely enough to notice. Apparently, reading > me.

Relax, it's got nothing to do with reading skills in fact I'm glad you mentioned it because that avatar was done before many here were members and now everyone knows the story.

Transparency :lol:

btw it also brought Laz his 15 minutes of fame which is a good thing.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Relax, it's got nothing to do with reading skills in fact I'm glad you mentioned it because that avatar was done before many here were members and now everyone knows the story.

Transparency :lol:

btw it also brought Laz his 15 minutes of fame which is a good thing.

:cool:

I remember you when you were still young a pretty... oh wait, that's a lie. :wub:

In your opinion, what is the best track to enjoy F1 live?

Not F1, but my favorite track is Lime Rock in CT. 1.5 mile road course and I used to go there for IMSA GTP races in the 80s/90s. The short course and long races (3+ hrs) made it great for viewing. You could move all over the short track to get different vantages and not miss the race. I also enjoyed Watkins Glen for their 6 hr GTP races. Longer course but the long race let you move around and still see the race.

I went to a Champ Car race at Elkhart Lake's Road America and the course was so long and heavily tree'd that if you moved during the 1.5 hr race, you missed too much of the race. Brats and beer were good, though!

My only F1 races in person were at Indy (luckily skipped the Michelin debacle of 2005). Seats in the bleachers at turn 1 after the first year. There you could see most from down the front straight and through the twisty bits to the short back straight.

We who could fathom that I have been to more F1 tracks to watch F1 races than KRB. Lol!

It's a pretty low bar to jump. And I've only seen F1 at one of the crappiest tracks in F1 history. Zero ambience.

As I think I indicated, I'd rather go see a sports car endurance race than an F1 or Champ Car race. More racing. Actual passing.

Vintage races are the best of all, imo. My favorite race ever was a Mini race at a little track in Michigan called Gingerman. Those drivers threw those cars around and drifted them like there was no tomorrow. I went to see F5000 cars but they were boring. The drivers wouldn't push them at all. It was more of a parade than a race.

Car race tracks I've been to: Lime Rock. Watkins Glen. Meadowlands street course. Summit Point. Indy. Road America. Mid-Ohio. Gingerman. Putnam Park. Chicago oval for Indycars.

And so many kart tracks I can't name them all.

2007 USGP at Indy, front row seats on the outside of Turn 1. Also did the Thursday Pit Walk, kissed the bricks and held an F1 whhel/tire with 2 fingers on a fully extended arm with no effort required. It probably weighed less than 10 pounds. Also stood about 30 feet from Robert Kubica on Saturday when he emerged from the FIA medical building and announced that the doctors did not clear him to race after his crash the race before in Canada.

2012 USGP at COTA. Good seats in the middle of the turn 3 esses. Over the coiurse of that weekend we watched practices and qualifying from every single corner. Met, yes, actually shook hands with, Romain Grosjean and Eric Boullier in the airport day after the race.

Edited by GTEASER