LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

Just saw a slo-mo video of the stop. That guy's leg was ugly - 90° bent 6 inches above his ankle.

There was nothing Kimi could have done to know what was going on, but I bet he feels awful about that. I have a feeling Ferrari is going to change their red light green light procedure for stops. From what I understand, their computer saw green because the wheel hadn't been removed yet so once the other side went green from a proper change, the jack guy dropped it and away he went.

I remember a Giants-Redskins football game. Redskin quarterback sacked (1986?) and Lawrence Taylor for the Giants was screaming for medical aide to the sacked QB (Joe Theisman?). They replayed his calf bending 90 degrees so many times.

Kimi will pay for numerous lapdances at a strip joint for the mechanic as he gets better. Kimi loves the strippers as much as Jimmy Vasser. Kindred souls.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit! I forgot to record the race last evening because my kid had a double header race yesterday and today. Was exhausted when I got home last night. But he's doing very well today. Two 4th yesterday in the Heat and Main. Today he's already qualified 0.20 faster than ever before and got 2nd in the Heat. He would have had 1st but blew a late race restart and let the guy behind him thru.

ccc12ed91c4a2a08e219544b45be14af.jpg

Karts with suspension and rollcages. WTF is this world coming to?

Good on your kid though. I've got a old karting friend who now races in a class that is basically a small sprint car with a 600cc motorcycle engine. He says it's cheaper than our karting days becz everything is American sourced (except the motor) instead of Italian Birel.

Karts with suspension and rollcages. WTF is this world coming to?

Good on your kid though. I've got a old karting friend who now races in a class that is basically a small sprint car with a 600cc motorcycle engine. He says it's cheaper than our karting days becz everything is American sourced (except the motor) instead of Italian Birel.

Some of the kids that move up from these quarter midgets go to the cars that your friend races, I think they are called micro sprint cars. They are a 600cc motorcycle engine with a chain drive. I used to have some pics....i will try to find one.

Yeah, but I'm sure they'll have that annoying 'side by side' going on in lieu of actual commercial breaks. Plus, now getting a beer or hitting the head gets harder, lol.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, but I'm sure they'll have that annoying 'side by side' going on in lieu of actual commercial breaks. Plus, now getting a beer or hitting the head gets harder, lol.
Beer run and bathroom time accomplished with DVR.

Not F1 but interesting racing history, at least to me.

IMSA = International Marijuana Smuggling Association. :lol:

As I recall, drugs funded much American racing in the 70s and early 80s. Ask John Paul, Jr, about Sr.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U8Uy_0qFuk[/ame]

Negative... Bahrain race didn't have those and was 2 hours of glorious, commercial-free coverage.

This is how close it was between the Ferraris on the qualifying.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyLXBOFQGws]How Vettel Beat Raikkonen to Pole | 2018 Chinese Grand Prix - YouTube[/ame]

Fart and you lose a tenth of a second.

453747.png

Now that was an entertaining Chinese GP. Way to go Red Bull on last second strategy after the safety car. Great result. Verstappen has got to get his head out of his ass. He threw the win away.

And f*ck Ferrari for nearly throwing Kimi's race away to aide Vettel.

Trying not to give any spoilers for those who watch the replay!

Now that was an entertaining Chinese GP. Way to go Red Bull on last second strategy after the safety car. Great result. Verstappen has got to get his head out of his ass. He threw the win away.

Toward the middle of the race, I was getting pretty bummed out but then the last half, hell of a drive from a couple folks. These races are much better than last year, with minimal rule changes to boot. ;)

I just saw the summary. I had other things to take care of today. Sorry I missed the live race since it seems to have been the most interesting race in a long time.

But I'm not sure what Vettel tried to gain with his start maneuver blocking Kimi - it just caused Kimi to get overtaken. Late in the season it makes sense to do it that way, but not early.

453747.png

Vettel tried to keep the lead since Kimi had a good start and was on the inside. But it nearly screwed Kimi's race, not that he had the pace Vettel had. And Ferrari didn't seem to care given that they tried to use Kimi as a jam car to slow down Bottas so Vettel could overtake Bottas. At the expense of Kimi's race. But we always knew the pecking order. And Kimi has yet to show the pace to beat Vettel in a race or qualifying on any consistent basis.

I would like to see Kimi win a race or two this year as I expect it will be his last year in F1.

After a pretty boring start, that was a hell of a race. Gotta wonder about Verstappen though - only a 10 second penalty on that?

And I'm happy to acknowledge that I was wrong about coverage. The new commercial free coverage is definitely a joy.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yea, Hobbs was great. Very entertaining dude.

Good race and a fantastic final 30%. You'd never predict the top 3 by watching the first half. Now, that's real racing!

Ricciardo is indeed the passing king of the current driver line up. He is so freaking late on the brakes and can thread the needle. I'd be shocked if Ferrari doesn't try to get him in Raikkonen's seat next.