LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

Same thing just about every sport that are in the higher pay grade brackets.

:munch:

453747.png

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like Verstappen has a lot of bad luck now and is even behind Perez, but this season is still very interesting even though Leclerc is now quite a bit ahead it's not in any means a secure position, things can flip fast.

Bottas suffered a bit of a rude overtaking but came out of it with just lost positions.

453747.png

Good race, a shame Fernando had Fernando luck. The top guys that crashed or broke made some room for the Mercs and McLarens to get some nice points. Funny saying that, but I can get used to it...

I love the branding of the SC turtle!:

Verstappen reckons that was because the green Aston Martin Vantage is too slow for the job.

“It was like a turtle,” he told The Race. “Unbelievable. With that car, to drive 140kmh on the back straight where there was not a damaged car anymore, I don’t understand why we have to drive so slowly.

“We have to investigate. For sure, the Mercedes Safety Car is faster because of the extra aero.

“The Aston Martin is really slow. It definitely needs more grip because our tyres were stone cold.

Race control sets the pace of the Safety Car based on the timing of operations for clearing the track. These drivers need to stop complaining about the Safety Car's speed, every single car behind it is getting the same cold tires. It's a Safety Car, not a Keep My Tires Warm For Me Car.

One era of F1 didn't have tire pre-heating so first lap was challenging after a tire change.

Let's not forget, the time when there was no safety car or virtual one.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Let's not forget, the time when there was no safety car or virtual one.

And in the beginning there was one mechanic riding with the car so it could be fixed along the track if there was a breakdown - and no seat belts.

453747.png

And in the beginning there was one mechanic riding with the car so it could be fixed along the track if there was a breakdown - and no seat belts.

Yeah, that's before my time, LOL.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...