LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

Vettel tried to keep the lead since Kimi had a good start and was on the inside. But it nearly screwed Kimi's race, not that he had the pace Vettel had. And Ferrari didn't seem to care given that they tried to use Kimi as a jam car to slow down Bottas so Vettel could overtake Bottas. At the expense of Kimi's race. But we always knew the pecking order. And Kimi has yet to show the pace to beat Vettel in a race or qualifying on any consistent basis.

I would like to see Kimi win a race or two this year as I expect it will be his last year in F1.

I can't be the only one who feels that Kimi is too mature (read: too old) to push like a kid almost half his age. It seems to me as though he has nothing left to prove and is there for the fun on the track and the astronomical paycheck. He hates everything else about F1 :rolleyes:

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kimi is only five years older than Lewis. I don't think it's his age/reflexes. I think it's Kimis desire. And it has to have been beaten down at Ferrari next to Vettel and his number two status. But paycheck. More strip clubs!

I think Kimi and Jimmy Vasser would be friends in trouble together as both are renowned strip club partiers.

Just watched the Long Beach Indy Car race. Good race, not great, but probably the most amazing pass of two cars at once I've ever seen in any series. And by Sebastian Bourdais. Truly epic stuff. Look for the highlights on youtube if you want to see it. Just wowsers.

His race was screwed by an idiot rookie, but still amazing stuff. Indy Car is back.

Ricciardo is indeed the passing king of the current driver line up. He is so freaking late on the brakes and can thread the needle. I'd be shocked if Ferrari doesn't try to get him in Raikkonen's seat next.

I'm a Ferrari fan for Kimi but outside of that, it'd Ricciardo. Dude passes like no one's business and Sir Patrick Stewart ASKED to do a shoey with him.

Just watched the Long Beach Indy Car race. Good race, not great, but probably the most amazing pass of two cars at once I've ever seen in any series. And by Sebastian Bourdais. Truly epic stuff. Look for the highlights on youtube if you want to see it. Just wowsers.

His race was screwed by an idiot rookie, but still amazing stuff. Indy Car is back.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

It's always nice to learn something new. Britain missed all but the final F1 race at Fuji in 1976 becz one team had a condom sponsor and the BBC refused to televise the races becz of it. So Britain missed the epic season of 1976 battle between Lauda and Hunt for championship. :lol:

https://jalopnik.com/the-most-dramatic-f1-season-of-all-time-wasnt-shown-on-1825328896

After a pretty boring start, that was a hell of a race. Gotta wonder about Verstappen though - only a 10 second penalty on that?

And I'm happy to acknowledge that I was wrong about coverage. The new commercial free coverage is definitely a joy.

I'm a Max fan, so I see it different. Vettel cut down on him when his tires finally hooked up. Later in the race you heard Vettel say "that worked" when he heard Max got a 10 second penalty. ;)

Let's hope it rains so Max can teach them all how to drive...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I like Max, too, but as Max admitted, the Vettel clash was all Max. Hell, even Max's dad Jos said his son pulled a stupid move. He drives like the 20 yr old he is. He had the speed to take Vettel nearly anywhere on the track. Last second moves aren't on when you have the kind of speed advantage Max had. And then there was the clash with Hamilton where Max put himself in a stupid position. Or the last race in Bahrain.

Max is trying to be Senna but without the brain right now. This is the sort of stuff he should've gotten out of his system in lower formulas. I'm sure he'll grow up and learn to be patient, but at this point I wouldn't build the Red Bull team around him. Ricciardo is much more of a fully formed racer right now.

McLaren sacked their technical director becz their car is slow, 2 seconds off pole in the last three races. They expected better since they thought they had a great chassis last year and were only held back by the Honda power plant.

Alonso's contract is up at the end of this year. Wouldn't be great if Ricciardo went to Ferrari and Red Bull signed Alonso for 2019? Finally, Alonso in a competitive car again and Daniel giving Vettel shite at Ferrari like he did in Vettel's last year at RB? I can only dream. And Alonso vs Verstappen. Such fun would be had.

A little early for silly season I guess, but I can't see Alonso staying at McLaren if they don't move to the front this season. And I think McLaren has a chassis design problem so I don't think he will. I bet Fernando rues his decision to leave McLaren after 2007. He could've at least fought for championships against Hamilton if he hadn't had such a hissy fit in 2007. Wasted career since then (at least in terms of WDCs).

I’d love to be a fly on the wall during Red Bull debrief. Team orders should have been issued and Daniel should have been let go ahead of Max. I bet you that it will change next race. The amount of constructor points that these two have squandered in Baku may end up costing them tens of millions at the end of the season.

Verstaapen is a talented kid, but he has maturity of a 10 yr old behind the wheel. Freaking team management was fuming after the incident.

Good race otherwise. Would have never predicted the make up of the three on the podium until the very end.

Darn - I miss the V12s.

Yes. One of my favorite cars is the 1995 Ferrari. So beautiful and so sonorous. I went to Mid Ohio just to hear the Ferrari 333SP before it was retired. What a beautiful car. I loved the Momo livery.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall during Red Bull debrief. Team orders should have been issued and Daniel should have been let go ahead of Max. I bet you that it will change next race. The amount of constructor points that these two have squandered in Baku may end up costing them tens of millions at the end of the season.

Verstaapen is a talented kid, but he has maturity of a 10 yr old behind the wheel. Freaking team management was fuming after the incident.

Good race otherwise. Would have never predicted the make up of the three on the podium until the very end.

One of the Sky Sports guys tried to get Horner to say a word but he just glared and ran up the steps for the debrief... Sky dude said something to the effect of "shaking with rage."

I get letting the drivers drive but team orders 100% would have prevented that, baring Max pulling a Vettel/Webber in Malaysia 2013. You're right about millions at the end of the year.

I can think of at least a team order to state that if your team mate is faster than you - let him through. Or rather "Don't F up for the team".

Then let it sort itself out at the end of the season who has the best potential to score.

I saw somewhere else that someone had interviewed Maldonado if he was considering a comeback. Luckily for us he isn't.

453747.png