LegacyGT.com

Official Lowered Outback Thread V2

GTEASER

I don't know this area for hidden dh at all. I was at Crockett hills which is all xc. My hidden dh has all been done at Tahoe. I periodically see people disappearing into the woods in DH gear all around the bay area but because of the poison oak I haven't really had a desire to follow them.

Santa Cruz supposedly has some of the best hidden trails in the world though.

I know Santa Cruz quite well, my buddy Ryan Howard and I are always out there.

Trailer electrics check.

JLlvHgr.jpg

Paint scheme envy... My preferred body and paint guy laughed at my request to flip all the dark silver panels and bumpers to the light silver with the black running board detail. Said the materials alone would be 2K. Still thinking about it. ;)

He's trying to scare me away. He did to a fantastic job with my insurance company after the basket ball hoop toppled over on my car.

He's mostly not wanting to deal with all the body clips on teardown and install. I bet if it was all said and done be much cheaper. To be cherry again I'd need to replace both bumper skins anyway. There are a few battle scars. Looking at the prices for factory parts it's not that crazy to just buy new.

But this is California prices on all his materials has gone up 8 to 12% this year. Plus it only causes cancer in California so add the other commifornia taxes on top of that.

Guys, what do you think what is the price of this whole Bilstein setup from a spec B including the car's bump stops? Around 150k miles on them in humid England.

The seller has replied 500€ which is ~615$.

AgwXNgW.jpguGFRCot.jpg

Edited by Konns

Guys, what do you think what is the price of this whole Bilstein setup from a spec B including the car's bump stops? Around 150k miles on them in humid England.

AgwXNgW.jpguGFRCot.jpg

I did my whole setup for approx 1K GBP, everything new.

The billies will be shot at 150k.

A complete set of B6's are £530 in the UK.

AgwXNgW.jpguGFRCot.jpg

I would pass unless that was closer to the 280€ mark... simply because they're end of life, and not in great condition. There's a high chance that in less than 10k miles the only thing worth keeping form that lot will be the springs.

FWIW, I picked up B6's with pink springs, in excellent condition(no rust, 90k miles), for about 770€ shipped.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok guys i'm gonna need your help on this one. it's been 2 years since I have my 05 OBXT and I finally bought a set of LGT wagon springs. got them for 50$ so it wasn't too expensive. I was planning on running Bilstein shocks (https://www.fastwrx.com/products/bilstein-struts-2005-2009-legacy-gt) with white Sparco Terra. I wanted to know what needs to be done to make this setup work ? the subframe is already out of the car so i'm going to change the bushings for LGT ones. I saw that UCA where different on the LGT but what do I need to change ? thanks for your help. :)

14138669_1261030763936601_1882545710552223366_o.thumb.jpg.98960338e64ed291858b4ba3bff7d3ee.jpg

What size and offset rims? What size tires?

I want to run 17 x 7.5 ET45 White Sparco Terra. I need to run 17'' wheels because I am in the process of the LGT brake swap.

For tire I down know yet.

I'd Recommend at least bumpstops and UCAs. Might as well throw in new top hats and rear spacers too.

Dont wait on an alignment. I killed a set of rear tires in 4k miles due to toe wear

I have a used LGT rear subframe that I bough for my brake swap so I am good on the UCA. except UCA and bump stop anything else ?

I have read on other forum that removing the subframe spacers in the back is going to be a lot of trouble. anyone here that have done it ?