LegacyGT.com

Official Lowered Outback Thread V2

GTEASER

Dragging this over here from the V1 thread:

I also removed the rear subframe body spacer

With removing the rear sub frame spacers (and leaving the front's in) did you replace the drive shaft with a legacy one to help "correct" the driveshaft angle?

For the rear subframe, I basically removed the little body spacer between the car and the subframe. Basically, there is like a two inch rubber subframe spacer on the Outbacks since they're higher than the Legacy. im_fujid on Instagram said that he replaced his bushings with stiffer polyurethane ones, but mine were in pretty good shape so I figured I wouldn't even bother with the work of swapping them out. Basically I just removed the spacer and then installed 4 stock Legacy subframe bolts which are shorter than the Outback bolts, which cost me $20 from Subaru. I also sanded down the subframe and repainted it. It moves all of the suspension components closer to the body of the car so I was able to even move my exhaust up a little bit higher. It also helps to get a perfect alignment since I had a huge problem getting the toe into spec with Legacy control arms. I'm not sure about internal bump stops on the coilovers but I'm currently using the stock Legacy bump stop which is a little shorter than the Outback.

Rhitter - Thanks so much! I loved the black wheels at first but got tired of them eventually. I liked the black/grey/silver look but I'm also so damn happy to have some ridiculous wheels with a gigantic lip. I did not replace the driveshaft but I replaced the rear differential mount with the stock Legacy version (shorter than the Outback version) as well as replaced the rear diff bushings with Whiteline bushings.

Hrmm... davidk7204 the outback has a slightly longer drive shaft than the legacy. Some on this sight that have removed all of the spacers, front and rear, have also replaced the drive shaft with a Legacy one. So I am tempted to remove the rear spacers, but I am concerned about the drive shaft length. Figured I should share that with you, if you didn't know or hadn't considered it.

Ok, I have coilovers now. Dialing in ride height is a tedious process.

What are our options for rolling and pulling? Its my understanding we can cut the plastic lip and thats about it right?

Also anyone have a solution for coilover creak/whine?

I put the stock wheels/tires back on and attempted to make it look good... results were meh. I still love the way it looks in person though. :wub: I see a set of white Sparco Terras in my future.

37215324571_7d0da38cd3_b.jpg

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

^^Looks awesome! I am the proud new owner of an 05 GRP OBXT and am slowly accumulating parts for where I'd like to end up. Ended up picking up xtea's pink springs and USDM bilsteins from another member. Already have F&R sways from my previous LGTs as well as most Stage 2 parts.

Looking forward to putting the new suspension in and joining the thread officially!

^^Looks awesome! I am the proud new owner of an 05 GRP OBXT and am slowly accumulating parts for where I'd like to end up. Ended up picking up xtea's pink springs and USDM bilsteins from another member. Already have F&R sways from my previous LGTs as well as most Stage 2 parts.

Looking forward to putting the new suspension in and joining the thread officially!

Looking forward to seeing it! Now that BarManBean parted out his OBXT, I think I might be one of the last(if only) active GRP Outback owners on here. Also, if you haven't noticed the trend on here yet... most of us end up putting spacers in the rear once we get the suspension on and it settles. Anywhere from 0.5" all the way up to 1.25" to get things level. ;)

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Looking forward to seeing it! Now that BarManBean parted out his OBXT, I think I might be one of the last(if only) active GRP Outback owners on here. Also, if you haven't noticed the trend on here yet... most of us end up putting spacers in the rear once we get the suspension on and it settles. Anywhere from 0.5" all the way up to 1.25" to get things level. ;)

I've got a GRP OBXT! Also not great at posting pictures, or at least ones on par with y'all's quality. Here's one anyways.

OutbackXT-1.thumb.jpg.8898150178ab034ab53590e151fa4d51.jpg

Haha yes it does! I believe yours is significantly faster than mine though lol. Maybe someday...

I still only have ~260hp, and a 5EAT. So yes, but not by very much.;)

Greetings from Norway! This is my 2009 Outback 2.0 diesel, just dropped on KW variant 2's. :)

Love this car!

I am planning a new set of wheels for next spring, since "winter is coming" in a few weeks. :p

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/922/Eluiz4.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/922/9ao1W1.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/923/yZlgjx.jpg

Edited by Eivind

I went out with a photography friend of mine last night(who is significantly better/more professional than I am with my measly D90) and practived painting with light. This was a 30 second exposure at 3:00 am in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't see my tripod from two feet away!

(Also, I think the stock wheels looked kind of okay here)

37329689591_3d4d4d497a_b.jpg