LegacyGT.com

Official Lowered Outback Thread V2

GTEASER

Just sold 03 jetta 5 speed wagon, back in the subaru game, picking up 2011 Outback 6 speed, my friend bought it off craigslist not running, timing belt snapped 4 bent valves, anyways a bunch of work later head gasket/water pump/new valves/timing belt. I have myself a 6 speed Outback. I'm going to do the rear sway bar 24mm whiteline, Also want to do some lowering without having to use strut/spring spacers and not have a weird rake. Anyone run the shift springs ,, im open to suggestions, prefer to not do the lego thing.. for the time being keep the struts on the vehicle

Where can I find the silver piece on the middle of your front bumper, looks good.

That was a dealer option, which apparently wasn't too common as I get asked this all the time. :) I had no idea it wasn't factory on all outbacks until someone pointed it out! I have yet to come across any for sale.

Hope i don't get told off for this :lol:

sLwkvC1.jpg

df5SJJv.jpg

Go onnnnnnnn.... :wub:

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

IMHO I think the new Motegi MR138s would look pretty good on an OB.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=262954&stc=1&d=1520897257

Those are Legacy sized tires btw.

I can't find the weight for them anywhere on the 'nets. I sent them an email for weight for 18x9 5x100 +45s. We'll see if they answer.

brownOutbackMR138.thumb.png.00031109d0f3fe3a49cd74049bc9c5fa.png

Can't fit 245/45s on 18x9 et 45. Would be rubbing into the back / lower front of the rear wheel well.

I am at 255/40 18x9 et 35 to clear the upper inner fender liner. And now I am rubbing way down in the front occasionally.

I need to figure out how to pull the real wheel back. That might be the Legacy suspension / remove the Outback spacera swap.

Edited by Rhitter

doesn't the legacy trailing arm have something different at the front pivot? like a spacer or a longer bracket?

*goes to look on opposedforces*

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-x-4zl3IqQVs/TM2f8QCpGfI/AAAAAAAAMv4/w99sd3mAyjc/s640/DSCN9462.JPG

if the internet is right today, the legacy bracket is on the left, outback on the right.

Edited by Flinkly
* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Can't fit 245/45s on 18x9 et 45. Would be rubbing into the back / lower front of the rear wheel well.

I am at 255/40 18x9 et 35 to clear the upper inner fender liner. And now I am rubbing way down in the front occasionally.

I need to figure out how to pull the real wheel back. That might be the Legacy suspension / remove the Outback spacera swap.

With my roll, 245/40/18s are working for me on my 18x8 +40 offset wheels

the MR138 9s with +45 offset would get me ~8mm more flush without the tire pushing out much at all.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=262980&stc=1&d=1520971961

+42 looks like the perfect number, where the top of tire doesn't move away from where it sits now, and the wheel would flush out 10mm. So these 45 are a safe® bet. I could run a 3mm spacer and see if my roll could be touched up enough to handle it. If not, then 45 was a better gamble that a 42 or +40 wheel.

The same place that worked on my roll has a fantastic tire machine. I'd drop it off there and say "move the tires to the new wheels and don't call me that it's done until it doesn't rub".

it gets easier, so hang in there. Put the toddler in lessons as soon as you can. At first it might seem like expensive day care, but there will be benefits down the line.

We put our twins in lessons at age 4, so we'd get a few hours of boarding in before we'd take turns with solo boarding and parenting. rinse and repeat until one of us throws in the towel (sometimes it was a parenting towel well before a physically tired of boarding towel). We'd had to pick them up at lunch time.

Age 5+ lesson they keep them from 9ish to 3:30pm. It's glorious. I'm usually pretty worn out by then.

Hey RAWR. Watch out for your inside clearance with the 18x9 5x100 +45 with the spring perch in the front and the struts in the back. I run a 18x8.75 +33 245/45 r18 and it’s a close fit. But then again you may not have to worry at all with the legacy size tires.

By the way this is my first post ever on a car forum. I’ve been reading this for over a year now and finally decided to make moves and buy new rims last week and I’m so happy.

Next move is to get Outback spec bc br coil overs with swift springs (with the appropriate Legacy parts like rear UCA, bumper stops, and white line rear camber kit).

By the way this is my first post ever on a car forum. I’ve been reading this for over a year now and finally decided to make moves and buy new rims last week and I’m so happy.

Welcome to the clubhouse!

I have 18x8 +48 ultraleggras. I was hoping to run 245/45, but would I be facing the same challenges?

My winter setup is prodrives 18x7.5 +53 with 225/50/18 and it rubbed the inner rear fender liner before I added a 5mm spacer