LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V2

Bought an ARB 2500 awning, and an 8 gallon portable shower system (big kahuna) for our xcountry trip. Our car will slowly turn into an overland wannabe vehicle :lol:.

I also 'had to' :spin: buy a kta124 kit to fine tune my rear toe/camber settings. I currently have the kca399 installed on the car. And once I set my camber to my desired value, I was no longer able to set the toe to whatever value I wanted. The stock toe bolt can do so much I guess. Can't wait to get that kit and redo my diy alignment (bought the 'dream stick' ART tool for it too).

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plans are to tint and drive it forever, huh? That's it? Yeah right, I don't believe it :lol:

Not with the style points you have Joe :lol:

Stock is for the weak!!!

Hahahaha yeah I know, I know. I’m trying to leave it alone but I dunno. at least it’s not turbo hahaha

Did you get the "room" for the ARB 2500 also?

I think so. I bought the Yakima Jetstream bars, the 70" long ones. I am telling you, I am buying a bunch of stuff for the wrong car :lol:.

In short, plan is two 26" and one 20" bike on the roof using 2 Yakima King cobra and 1 Yakima front loader racks; one 16 cu ft Skybox; and the awning on the roof. Then, a 12cu ft stowaway2 box on a 2" hitch receiver. Also purchased a drawer type fridge two months ago.

Added 1.5" spacers in the front and 1" in the rear with the BTS kit. Redid my DIY alignment last Saturday but as I said previously, had to purchase the kta124 kit to fine tune it.

Still have to install my front skidplate and maybe a powerful back up light too for the times we're camping in BLM land.

Yeah, way way way down the rabbit hole :lol:

My guess. Needs far more rear spring rate.

We've done short trips with about 70% of the load/weight I am expecting (i.e. Skybox, 2 26 inch bikes, fridge, 16" bike in the trunk with all the other stuff you'd expect to carry in your trunk for camping----no 12 cu box and no awning). And so far, the BTS kit did really great. You almost forgot stuff was there as long as we did not encounter strong headwind or stuff like that of course.

I do have the Rallitek overload springs in the rear and a custom dampening set up on the rear struts. I do not know the actual changes that Bilstein USA did to them though :(.

My guess. Needs far more rear spring rate. How old are your kids Bonbon?

A 2 year old, and a 5 year old. Our 5 year old is pretty tall for his age, and is ready to ride a 20" bike already. For the 2 year old kid, we are bringing a 'cougar-one' thule trailer.

I understand. I guess it helps that he has a brother. So they play a bit (if they don't fight :lol:). But for the most part, he is fine. We avoid, however, driving for more than 1.5-2hrs straight. That's just too much for little kids. So we will be planning on no more than 5-6 hrs of driving per day and plenty of stops for them to run, play, and have fun.

Also, the kids take a bunch of books, and a few toys like little cars, planes, etc... And no tablet or phone!! We're doing a road trip, so look outside, that's your tablet screen!

Looks like I'm purchasing a rebuilt alternator today. Not even disappointed since it is the original factory unit with 206K on it. I am disappointed in Subaru for not having an option for replacement and forcing me to buy from O'Reilly's.

Also, the kids take a bunch of books, and a few toys like little cars, planes, etc... And no tablet or phone!! We're doing a road trip, so look outside, that's your tablet screen!

This. We would bring chapter books (Harry Potter, et. al.) and read them out loud while the two kids would draw or just look outside. Of course, this is nearly 20 years ago now. We were the Luddite parents who had no electronic games in the house.

Looks like I'm purchasing a rebuilt alternator today. Not even disappointed since it is the original factory unit with 206K on it. I am disappointed in Subaru for not having an option for replacement and forcing me to buy from O'Reilly's.

I almost didn't believe it. Subaru still makes an alternator for '05, albeit because it fits other models too. I wonder what the difference is between 2005 and 2006-09 alternators are. Part number is 23700AA5228A.

23700AA55A is what I find listed at Heuburger and is un obtainium from many locations while searching. No matter. Unit will be in soon and well be back to chooching some pixies. Trickle charging the battery now.

23700AA55A is what I find listed at Heuburger and is un obtainium from many locations while searching. No matter. Unit will be in soon and well be back to chooching some pixies. Trickle charging the battery now.
Sorry to be confusing. The part number I used was for a 2005 MY. I am curious what the difference is other than amps or connector. You're correct that the AA55A part is discontinued.

This. We would bring chapter books (Harry Potter, et. al.) and read them out loud while the two kids would draw or just look outside. Of course, this is nearly 20 years ago now. We were the Luddite parents who had no electronic games in the house.

My parents used books on tape and we would all listen to them...was Harry Potter around 20 yeas ago? it was almost, huh. **** I feel old.

Car is in need of an oil change, DP replacement, SMOG which is overdue. Wonder what sort of fines I'll pay for an overdue SMOG.

i just went through DEQ yesterday. was $21 for the DEQ testing, and like $170 for registration for 2 years. still need to go put on my new stickers. i was due on July 7th.

i also had to get a new license this year, and was like 3 months late in getting that done. apparently you can go a year before they charge more and force additional paperwork and re-test. well, and if you get pulled over, i'm sure they'd fine you.

and i also am WAY overdue for an oil change. almost did it last night, but need to pull out a filter before i start emptyign it, and at the time i was on my own with the two chillins, so no-go.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Well good thing the alternator was the fix. Had it in in five min. Interesting the AVCS activity on the AP was erratic for a little while after. I did reset the ECU after replacing. Left AVCS would only go up to 10 or so and right would just stay stuck at 5. After a few more restarts it cleared and is acting normal.

Heading to lake Don Pedro this weekend for some time in on the water. Leaving the OB in the garage. I'll probably be doing the driving still even though the truck and boat are not mine. My buddy is just not good at long trips. But the boat is ready, ice in the coolers and food getting prepped now. YEAH!

Well good thing the alternator was the fix. Had it in in five min. Interesting the AVCS activity on the AP was erratic for a little while after. I did reset the ECU after replacing. Left AVCS would only go up to 10 or so and right would just stay stuck at 5. After a few more restarts it cleared and is acting normal.

Heading to lake Don Pedro this weekend for some time in on the water. Leaving the OB in the garage. I'll probably be doing the driving still even though the truck and boat are not mine. My buddy is just not good at long trips. But the boat is ready, ice in the coolers and food getting prepped now. YEAH!

AVCS has some sort of timer after ecu reset. The numbers you see are normal.

Archived