LegacyGT.com

Cadillac ATS Brembo Caliper Upgrade for your Subaru

LatentWagen

It's probably white paint. That's what the STI logos are on the STI Brembos. Just do some sanding/prep and repaint them with some high quality, high temp paint.

I would have to agree as the ones on my CTS-V seem to be painted on with a clear coat over it.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

• 1 month later...
I'm shopping using the list and part numbers provided on page 1 and so far found the calipers, rotors, hardware kit, and pads, but am having trouble with the Centric 950.44034P steel braided lines though. Seems there's no such part with that number. If I knew what car the lines are for (STI, ATS, CTS, Legacy, etc.) maybe I could continue my search. I'm really jazzed about this brake swap and want to round up the parts and get going with it. Thanks!

I'm new to the Subaru world and not familiar with all the model subtleties. I own a 3.0R and am told it shares a lot with the spec B. Right or wrong? Or is it closer to a GT? I'm sure you're right about mentioning it earlier but considering this topic is 26 pages long I may have missed it. Please forgive my newbieness. :confused::spin:

you can buy the whole kit from Subispeed now.

My confusion with your recommendation is that Subispeed doesn't list the Legacy in any way, shape, or form. I've already bought the parts from Amazon and been notified that they're in transit. Thanks anyway.

I'm new to the Subaru world and not familiar with all the model subtleties. I own a 3.0R and am told it shares a lot with the spec B. Right or wrong? Or is it closer to a GT? I'm sure you're right about mentioning it earlier but considering this topic is 26 pages long I may have missed it. Please forgive my newbieness. :confused::spin:

When it comes to running gear, Subarus are highly interchangeable, up and down the model lines. The brakes on the 3.0R are the same as the GT, so you won't have any additional fitment issues.

My confusion with your recommendation is that Subispeed doesn't list the Legacy in any way, shape, or form. I've already bought the parts from Amazon and been notified that they're in transit. Thanks anyway.

The Subispeed kit is marked up $$$ anyway, better to get everything separately.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

When it comes to running gear, Subarus are highly interchangeable, up and down the model lines. The brakes on the 3.0R are the same as the GT, so you won't have any additional fitment issues.

Thanks. That's what I needed to know.

The Subispeed kit is marked up $$$ anyway, better to get everything separately.

Yeah, I noticed.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know about the fitment for 2016+ Camaro Brembos? Couple of sets local but couldn't locate any info on the Camaro vs Caddy stuff.

The mounting ears of the caliper castings for the Camaros appear to be longer than the ATS. If that is correct, then the calipers and pads would stick out too far from the rotor

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

For you guys wanting to run the Gen 2 CTS-V 6-pot calipers, do you care whether there is 3mm of pad overhang on the outer corners and inner middle of the pad?

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=240848&stc=1&d=1479432101

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=240849&stc=1&d=1479432101

Yes, neither do I :)

1660046238_Screenshot326mmSTiFrontRotortoGen2CTS-VPad.thumb.jpg.93a17179ad7470e06f84022e631a2259.jpg

965550466_Screenshot326mmSTiFrontRotortoGen2CTS-VPadZoom.thumb.jpg.e27b3f55f47e6c15bc33c8f3ed08343a.jpg

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Maybe it could create an issue if it wears into it

But id assume the small areas of over hang would just break off?

Maybe get some slightly diff shaped pads?

Different shaped pads aren't really an option :)

If anyone wants "perfect" alignment then there is the 4-pot option. The only people who would get upset about such a thing with a 6-pot are the same people who don't actually do ambitious upgrades in the first place. In other words, a non issue. /rant

It was a trick question.

It doesn't cause a problem. I had this happen on an early set of rear brembo adapter brackets before the good KNS ones came out. You literally just have an unused brake pad lip form and maintain itself on the part of the pad that does not engage with the rotor. It's not a problem, it's just not "perfect". You could cut it off with a box cutter if you wanted, otherwise it will take care of itself. :)

Putting a 6-pot Brembo Caliper on a 326mm rotor was never going to be perfect, but this is surprisingly good, which was more the point of my post :)

Edited by ClimberD@HexMods

if they fit under 04 STI BBS 17" wheels, i'd use em. half thought of buying calipers to make my own adapter but i've got too many projects already. one being rebuild of some LGT calipers (since i'm on OBXT this second).

From what I have read, not even the Cadillac 4-pots fit under these, do they?

no, due to the inner barrel profile. diameter gets tighter near the face, too tight unless 10-15mm spacers are ran. then again, they're 5mm too close to the struts anyways (53 vs. stock 48).

most have removed material from the outer back of the calipers, but that seems a little sketch for such an important part of the car without analysis.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if this setup would work under LGT Spec B wheels? I was thinking of doing this if I could keep the wheels I have on my car and just get the new rotors, brackets and calipers.

You will need to space them out. Not sure how much, but they won't fit without spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

• 1 month later...
Love them! Despite needing to buy new wheels, I'd say it's a perfect upgrade for someone like me who needed to replace a caliper anyway.

In what way did the Spec.B stock wheels not clear? Are they not offset enough, too small in inner diameter, something else, or a combination?

In what way did the Spec.B stock wheels not clear? Are they not offset enough, too small in inner diameter, something else, or a combination?

The offset is not correct. You can fit them with a crazy spacer though. But something like 08-2014 wrx rims are relatively inexpensive and can clear with at most a 5mm spacer.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.