LegacyGT.com

Cadillac ATS Brembo Caliper Upgrade for your Subaru

LatentWagen

Does the brake feel change significantly with the upgrade?

Brake feel is directly related to a lot of things. More specifically, maintenance, modifications done and fluids. That's a very hard question to answer. If you upgrade calipers but keep stock lines it won't feel great. But if you already had stainless lines and stock brakes and other supporting brake mods it'll feel similar. There are too many factors to answer this question.

Thanks, that's the answer I was curious about.

Obviously you'll stop faster due to the additional pistons on the other side of the rotor and larger rotor surface though. Also if you had a brake master bracket it'll be even better so feel is relative.

More pistons don't equal greater stopping power or more stopping force. Just more evenly distributed and better modulated.

Stopping power is almost always limited by the tire's grip on the road, not the brake caliper's clamping force on the rotor. Stock 2-pots with old fluid can trigger ABS, or lock up the tire, no problem.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

@ 18x9.5 +35, you are already poking just passed the outback flare, right? +10mm more is going to be crazy hard to tuck! How low are you?

take a look. i got BC coils and white line rear camber kit , i will lower her 1 in 1/2 on and 1 and rear .

IMG_1346.thumb.JPG.77a714849695374957128a411a4b3b92.JPG

IMG_1355.thumb.JPG.b0b7d0e3d0550373514da1c82244f191.JPG

IMG_1356.thumb.JPG.55f772724bc2a9070f05374d845f0900.JPG

IMG_1357.thumb.JPG.632bfba91b9bc196464bb1b076746a29.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
take a look. i got BC coils and white line rear camber kit , i will lower her 1 in 1/2 on and 1 and rear .

a update i was able to fit the wheel with 12mm spacer and 50mm stended studs on my 18x9.5 +35 offset. now i have to lower the car and hack the fender and roller and -2 camber. so they can look semi-properly.

did a quick scan through the thread and couldn't find anyone with 18x8.5 +38, can anyone confirm these fit over the caddy brembos? Id like to avoid making this $700 kit $1700 with new RPF1s...Now it'd be nice to justify buying new wheels, but I'd rather not.

Should've probably done a little more research before biting the bullet on the setup.

did a quick scan through the thread and couldn't find anyone with 18x8.5 +38, can anyone confirm these fit over the caddy brembos? Id like to avoid making this $700 kit $1700 with new RPF1s...Now it'd be nice to justify buying new wheels, but I'd rather not.

Should've probably done a little more research before biting the bullet on the setup.

I'm not running that exact size but the offset is the same. i don't see why it wouldn't fit. you're also running an 18" wheel which is more of the requirement i believe. I'm running 18x9.5 +38

I see the 18x8.5 +45 fits and I just got word a +31 fits, so I think i should be in business.

I dont think the barrel size or the way the spokes concave should be too much of a factor on these wheels, but who knows. IIRC they are F1R F21s, they are pretty horrible looking but came with the car. I need an excuse to buy new rims anyway, so this may be a good reason...

Thanks for the quick response.

yeah i think that will be the issue. can anyone measure the caliper width to the rotor for me? or at least the difference between the stock caliper width and brembo caliper width? I was thinking of going with RPF1 or NT03+M 18x9.5 with a 255 if for some reason this doesnt fit and keep these current wheels for the winter setup anyway, but that would require swapping brakes which is more trouble than its worth. Does anyone have NT03 or RPF1 18x9.5s with these brembos? spacer needed?

It looks like STis running 18x9.5 NT03 can pull off a +27 up front with no spacer but I really dont want to run a +27...id like to stick with a 9 or 9.5 but if i do go 8.5 i can always reuse my tires which is a good way to save some $$.

just trying to figure this all out before i pull the trigger on something else i cant use.

decided to bite the bullet on a set of NT03+M 18x8 +35s anyway...they will clear STi brembos so id imagine no fitment issues.

keep the f1r for winter, or sell them if they dont fit over the brembos

haha, I love that!

I don't really want to spend a lot of money.

Update, I spent a lot of money!

It seems to me with brembos, spoke design means everything with whether or not they'll fit. There's no clear answer. Some people with 17s and offsets in the 40s are clearing, and like the guy above, 18", high offset in the 30s, wide wheel, doesn't clear.

I wish I could help, I think I'm getting my calipers back this weekend from powdercoat so I can pitch in a bit with what will fit and what won't. I've got 5 different sets of wheels kicking around right now.

haha, I love that!

I don't really want to spend a lot of money.

Update, I spent a lot of money!

It seems to me with brembos, spoke design means everything with whether or not they'll fit. There's no clear answer. Some people with 17s and offsets in the 40s are clearing, and like the guy above, 18", high offset in the 30s, wide wheel, doesn't clear.

I wish I could help, I think I'm getting my calipers back this weekend from powdercoat so I can pitch in a bit with what will fit and what won't. I've got 5 different sets of wheels kicking around right now.

awesome thanks. I got word from Enkei that they will clear, so Im hoping they will. I don't plan on doing the brakes for a little while, but I just may so that I can be sure I can return the rims for a different offset/style if they do not.

What color did you powdercoat the brakes? I was just wondering if I could find an STi or brembo sticker to cover the cadillac logo.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I just finished the swap. Didn't use the ctsvbrakes kit, bought a kit off a local guy on Toronto subaru club to save some money. Overall the install was pretty easy, I used a bolt in the bottom instead of retapping the bottom hole.

My only real note is the previous instructions I'd seen online said to remove the heat shield, but I found it pretty easy to just trim the ears off the top and bottom. Worked like a charm..

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac261/kencook/20170605_173934_zpsxjrzg3zm.jpg

And 18x8 drag wheels with a pretty regular offset, maybe 45 or 48. Nothing too wide..

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac261/kencook/20170608_201629_zpsflufjkea.jpg

haha. are you attached to that dust shield or something? I just unbolted the 4 bolts and removed the dust shield completely. I hate when rocks get stuck between it and the rotor. Pretty irritating sound

The front end is coming along. The ATS/Brembos, braided steel brake lines, and drilled/slotted discs are on, as well as the KSport Coilovers.

The stopping power is phenomenal and they look great. The KSports are 1/2 inch lower and aligned to spec. Whether I lower them more is to be determined and I'm still dialing in the compression & rebound but a zillion times better than the worn-out Bilsteins. As you can see I removed the backing plate altogether to improve caliper & disc cooling.

Still have the polyurethane LCA bushings and thicker swaybars waiting but they'll be going on soon. In the meantime...........

19424534_10213172104606219_8362849855851583149_n.jpg?oh=5dfa1fd5def26ab1705aa789ca86d678&oe=59CC9EFB

19420622_10213172102326162_7341732444572998110_n.jpg?oh=6ab8b30596ecdecc577a59fb6fc676f1&oe=59D5F572

19247851_10213172105006229_7507397915724860746_n.jpg?oh=d01146c401362f2151248c7ae10a1271&oe=5A110F05

Edited by elvin315

Sooo maybe this has been answered somewhere in this thread - how do these compare to STi brembos in terms of size wheel required? Particularly do they require more diameter or more space to spokes? At some point I'll be going aftermarket wheels with my eye on O.Z. Leggera HLT, 17 or 18, I'm still not sure, both would be 45 offset. I like the 17 for cheaper and more tire options, but I'm hesitant to go with 17 wheels and limit potential brake bling down the road. Edited by seanyb505