LegacyGT.com

Cadillac ATS Brembo Caliper Upgrade for your Subaru

LatentWagen

bump - climberD did you get the 6 pots to fit? I was looking into this a yr or 2 ago and didn't see much available. Happy to see this got some attention.

I never bought them, as I realized you would have to do some serious modifications to the two knuckle caliper mounts. Wouldn't just be a simple bracket, the knuckle mounting is too intrusive. I've got F40 style brembos on that will be fine. You would need a mill and even then...

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

that's what i thought when i first looked into it, was hoping someone found/made a solution xD

Still doing vbmod's? i may need one soon =)

Yes sir, still upgrading valve bodies regularly.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...

Just started experiencing some brake problems last week. Turns out to be a stuck caliper on the drivers side. Passenger side has seen better days too, so I'm going to be going ahead with this upgrade. I'm tired of the reman calipers that only last a few NY winters.

I've already been planning on getting some 18" wheels so this works out nicely, although I wish it was a little later in the year. I've got everything ordered along with the adapters. Total came out to about $750, (46h 40m) but I elected to sink some money into the higher quality pads and drilled/slotted rotors.

If everything goes to plan and I get the wheels in time I should be doing the work next weekend, assuming the weather holds up.

• 3 weeks later...
Just curious - what kind of 18" wheel/offset would I need to clear these? Does it depend on the wheel? Tirerack has a bunch of 18" Enkei's on sale for around $150 each.. Any of those work? Is Enkei a decent wheel?

Just curious - what kind of 18" wheel/offset would I need to clear these? Does it depend on the wheel? Tirerack has a bunch of 18" Enkei's on sale for around $150 each.. Any of those work? Is Enkei a decent wheel?

I actually ordered a set of 18x8.5 +45 Enkei TS9s last week. They should be here today (got held up in the snow storm), so I should be able to tell you how they fit with the CTS calipers sometime soon. For wheel fitment check out this guide: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-offsets-sizes-rims-and-tires-gt-xenonk-version-4426.html. This is my first time buying aftermarket wheels/tires, so I'm no expert, but from what I've gathered Enkei seems to be a pretty decent but affordable brand.

Been buying parts here and there. But have a question about the hardware kit. Ordered the ac delco part number - 18k1971x. Went to test fit them to make sure all lined up, and the bracket that comes with this kit is too long. Ordered sets from different companies with the same issue.

Leads to the question if I should try finding the Carlson hardware kit or try sourcing a ats-v hardware kit. Thanks for any help.

Been buying parts here and there. But have a question about the hardware kit. Ordered the ac delco part number - 18k1971x. Went to test fit them to make sure all lined up, and the bracket that comes with this kit is too long. Ordered sets from different companies with the same issue.

Leads to the question if I should try finding the Carlson hardware kit or try sourcing a ats-v hardware kit. Thanks for any help.

I ordered everything from Rockauto and happened to get the Carlson kit, part number H5869. Worked perfectly for me.

Actually just got everything installed last weekend, but ran into problems with the brake lines. When installing new stainless steel lines I couldn't get the old line off, the fitting was too rusted on the line. I used pb blaster, 6 pt wrench and even went to the vice grips but couldn't get them off, both sides. The lines are in rough condition so I'm just going to run new lines for the front for some peace of mind. Hopefully I get it done this weekend.

Beside that, install went fine. Still not on the road yet, but here's some pics:

02d00732e0748ed88bbda217bb351342.jpg

07566886de8e4c9c34455a730d39190c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anybody tried the 6-pot ATS-V on their Legacy? I think some WRX guys have done it, same adapter bracket works, just need the right wheels I think, 18's are a must they say.
It's a totally different setup man and no the adapter bracket won't work.

If you looking to go that route, might want to look into the Innovative Tuning Corvette BBK.

I ordered everything from Rockauto and happened to get the Carlson kit, part number H5869. Worked perfectly for me.

Actually just got everything installed last weekend, but ran into problems with the brake lines. When installing new stainless steel lines I couldn't get the old line off, the fitting was too rusted on the line. I used pb blaster, 6 pt wrench and even went to the vice grips but couldn't get them off, both sides. The lines are in rough condition so I'm just going to run new lines for the front for some peace of mind. Hopefully I get it done this weekend.

Beside that, install went fine. Still not on the road yet, but here's some pics:

Overall would you say it was worth it? I have yet to find someone that gave honest feedback. lol

Thanks Alex

Overall would you say it was worth it? I have yet to find someone that gave honest feedback. lol

Thanks Alex

I posted a lot of data. What honesty are you looking for? Is it balance. Yes. Do you NEED to upgrade your calipers. No. Is it an inexpensive upgrade. Yes. Is it worth it, I think it is. Stopping distance is reduced and noticeable. Is the stock LGT calipers good enough. Yes, for most people. Is it bling? Totally. Would I do it again, most definitely. Best brake upgrade I've found for the money in the 15+ years I've been in the Subaru community.