LegacyGT.com

Subaru Lego & Outb Recall 2005-2008

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't stay to chit chat about specifics since I noticed 3 new nicks in the dashboard above the cubby when I picked it up. Take pictures before you go in. I'm guessing sloppy tech.

Appt time was 1, promise time was 4:30 based on the print out.

copying my response from the "WDYDTY4GLT?"

what do you know, damn dealership didnt have the airbag part.

service kept trying to get me to hurry out of my car while i was grabbing all my stuff out of it, sorry but im not about to leave $1000 worth of camera equipment and my V1 with them. then the service manager starts saying how i should have waited for the letter, blah blah blah letter this, letter that, why are you trying to rush this, dont have the part blag blah blah.

I told them i walked into their dealership on Saturday, said "i need this recall done, when will you have the part to do it?" they scheduled me etc. Service manager said, and i quote , " you have to call us for service, those guys (the service desk) dont know what they're doing"

so im back home

I just dropped off my outback. The dealership claims to have the part in stock. Also said they have to take off the entire dash, so it will take most of the day and maybe part of tomorrow. I was also told how you're supposed to wait for the letter.

I just dropped off my outback. The dealership claims to have the part in stock. Also said they have to take off the entire dash, so it will take most of the day and maybe part of tomorrow. I was also told how you're supposed to wait for the letter.

my dealer told me it was a 2 hour job, but i have a 06 LGT sedan

my dealer told me it was a 2 hour job, but i have a 06 LGT sedan

Our cars have the same interior. Apparently it's taking my dealer longer than expected to do it. They said they had two cars come in yesterday and they're still there because it took so much longer than anticipated.

Our cars have the same interior. Apparently it's taking my dealer longer than expected to do it. They said they had two cars come in yesterday and they're still there because it took so much longer than anticipated.

i thought 05 had a different internal structure than 06+? like the glovebox could come out differently and give access or something like that. could be wrong though.

Alex, I take it that was Fred over at Colonial?

didnt catch his name but it was colonial

Called Hanlees Subaru in Napa, Ca for mine. They asked for my VIN and ordered the part. Said they would call when it comes in. Said that they are ordered by VIN so they can keep track of it since it is a recall and not just a part that needs repair. Wondering if I should remove my A pillar gauges before I drop it off just in case they do have to take the whole dash apart. I don't want them messing up something that is foreign to them.

Just got mine back after 2 full days. They managed to break a bunch of stuff in the process and I have to go back next week to get it fixed. They broke the brightness and display buttons next to the clock, the hazard button, and now my key fob won't work. There's also a few trim pieces they didn't put back correctly.

Just got mine back after 2 full days. They managed to break a bunch of stuff in the process and I have to go back next week to get it fixed. They broke the brightness and display buttons next to the clock, the hazard button, and now my key fob won't work. There's also a few trim pieces they didn't put back correctly.

Sorry to hear that man! It's shit like this that has me a little worried. The dealership isn't making money off of us for service work being done for these recalls, and more than likely none to happy about allotting the time to do it.

When the time comes, I'm hoping my car is paired with a competent tech not

The FNG.

Yea, might be a good idea to wait and let them figure out how to do it without breaking things.

I hope you called SOA and let them know what they did to your car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Back in the old days w/ my 1st car, I needed to replace the HVAC blower motor fuse or control board, but didn't completely understand where it was located. I literally took the entire dash and glove box off the car trying to get to it, before realizing I could've reached the damn thing w/ a few simple contortions while laying face up within the passenger footwell.

I haven't read up on what's involved in removing the dash on our LGT/OBXT but am tempted to consider trying to do this prior to going in for a dealership appt. I have a 3-gauge cluster in the center console cubby and my AEM X-Series AFR controller gauge is mounted in a Block8head dash vent mount near the A-pillar. I'd be willing to bet just about any dealership would bork up the gauges and wiring while removing the dash.

• I Donated Too

Is the 3 gauge in the center cubby the OEM STI gauge pack? Guessing not...

What concerns me more than anything is not the competence of the techs but all the wiring and additional work which I have done over the years, feeding wires through passages that have to clips on them to disconnect the wires cleanly and never a thought to them becoming part of a web which may prohibit the dash being fully removed. I have gauges and the methanol fuel system all wired up all sitting in the front dash somewhere. This can only lead to headaches.

Is the 3 gauge in the center cubby the OEM STI gauge pack? Guessing not...

What concerns me more than anything is not the competence of the techs but all the wiring and additional work which I have done over the years, feeding wires through passages that have to clips on them to disconnect the wires cleanly and never a thought to them becoming part of a web which may prohibit the dash being fully removed. I have gauges and the methanol fuel system all wired up all sitting in the front dash somewhere. This can only lead to headaches.

It's not the STi OEM one, it was installed in the car when I bought it 2.5 yrs ago w/ Prosport boost, EGT and oil pressure gauges. I hear ya on the concerns w/ all the wiring. Guess I'll just make sure to not have passengers until I get it squared away :)

I just reviewed my dash cam footage from when my car was at the dealership. I had called the dealer at about 5 on the first day to ask how the work was going. I was told that the airbag had been replaced and they were working on reassembling the dash. My camera shows that they didn't touch my car until the second day. I'm going to ask them how this is possible when I bring the car in to get my buttons and trim fixed.

I just reviewed my dash cam footage from when my car was at the dealership. I had called the dealer at about 5 on the first day to ask how the work was going. I was told that the airbag had been replaced and they were working on reassembling the dash. My camera shows that they didn't touch my car until the second day. I'm going to ask them how this is possible when I bring the car in to get my buttons and trim fixed.

Oh snap that's a good idea! I think I'll get my dash cam from my commuter and mount it in the back of the Subaru for the repair. Just to keep an eye on things.

Random thought.... Would this be a good time to have the cabin filter changed on the 05? I hear they are a pita to change out.

My LGT didn't get finished yesterday on account of my "aftermarket gauges and such". They won't remove the dash completely and will install the new inflator with the dash installed.

I'm kind of happy because I didn't want the dealer to mess up my defrost vent gauages or aux in on the radio.

Archived