LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's exactly what I asked when the dudes at Andrewtech said they had one in stock. Not sure how many they made or if they even did a full production run but they happened to have a single catless one laying around.

That is very interesting. Maybe a prototype or development piece.

Anyone have any updates?... I'm getting the itch to install, since it'll be running with the stock catback for now.

Mine is still functioning properly. With the warm weather we've been having lately heat soak is more of an all the time thing so I'm sure the ecu is pulling timing.

I have an exciting update. Nameless just responded to my email. Sounds like they are going to do some investigation/comparisons with the old and new DP on someone's car and get back to the community with their findings.

hariuchi git boost creep, and something tells me hawaii isn't all that cool this time of year.

Sent from my samsung-sgh-i337 using tapatalk

hawaii is pretty much the same temperature all year long. Average high is 89 in august and 80 in january

I have an exciting update. Nameless just responded to my email. Sounds like they are going to do some investigation/comparisons with the old and new DP on someone's car and get back to the community with their findings.

I assume they'll get Fischbach's car, yes? He's already got a full Nameless TBE with the original downpipe if they need that for a comparison.

Hey guys, I have tuned a few of these recently and have seen varying results. I was asked by some customers to comment and thought this may be helpful to others. I haven't had much up and close time with a VF54 personally, but its seems the wastegate sizing is a bit too small for the system.I would speculate that variation in the turbine castings is causing some to flow better than others and ultimately work okay while others consistently creep. I have seen the same issue in 15-16 STi's, when a high flowing downpipe is installed severe boost spikes occur (23-24psi) regardless of boost control or flapper position. In extreme cases I have implemented throttle limiting to decrease airflow and boost into the engine. This is the only easy fix aside from reverting to a stock downpipe.

Problem: Insufficient Wastegate flow (mechanical boost creep)

Cause: High flowing downpipe

Potential Fixes:

-Wastegate and/or turbine porting (requires turbo removal)

-External Wastegate (Not practical on 5th gen)

-Electronic limiting of throttle

-Restrictive/stock downpipe

Other suggestions:

-FMIC (may reduce boost and reduce charge temps for a happier engine)

~Mike

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I did creep with temps in the high 80's to low 90's with np do n stock mid with np axel backs

But now invidia catless with np catback target boost Is set at 19.5 and in wot it creeps to bout 20.4 once in a while 21.1

Not like b4 with np downpipe thing was hitting 24psi

I hope nameless test the new version n can give us a refund

So sm00vem00ve ported his 20g and still experienced creep. I wonder what the current 20g wastegate opening is compared to the stock 54 wastegate opening. From what I can tell no one has attempted to port the stock turbo so maybe this is the way.

I'm currently still having issues with high FKC and FKL values and low DAM and looking into getting a second car possibly this weekend. If I have a reliable daily I am going to start ripping up my engine (no warranty left anyways) and will be willing to port my stock turbo as far as it can safely go.

^^^ Get a custom Stage 1 tune. All of the cruise knock is gone on my FXT since Ray at TurboTek Tuning has been working his magic. Plus 16.5 psi is way more fun than the OTS tunes 14.5 psi. OTS tunes are not good to run for a long time because they are generic, and not for your specific car.

^^^ Get a custom Stage 1 tune. All of the cruise knock is gone on my FXT since Ray at TurboTek Tuning has been working his magic. Plus 16.5 psi is way more fun than the OTS tunes 14.5 psi. OTS tunes are not good to run for a long time because they are generic, and not for your specific car.

I went back to stage 0 stock map, still getting knock when I get on the throttle, if I keep it around 35% throttle no knock at all.

I went back to stage 0 stock map, still getting knock when I get on the throttle, if I keep it around 35% throttle no knock at all.

I was pretty much getting all the same knock on stock map as I was getting on the OTS Stage1 map. Get a custom tune. Your car will thank you, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner, and it will be the best $250 you ever spent.

I was pretty much getting all the same knock on stock map as I was getting on the OTS Stage1 map. Get a custom tune. Your car will thank you, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner, and it will be the best $250 you ever spent.

Yea its about time!

I'm excited to see these results. I hope it didn't take more than a few weeks to see their reply.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk