LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I saw Mike yesterday, can't thank him enough for taking time out of his Saturday to help me out. He checked everything, ebcs was hooked up right and no boost leaks. Did a few pulls Mike tried a few tricks but no matter what he tried the car was still over boosting and kept pulling timing. We finally came to the conclusion that there is indeed some mechanical issue with the downpipe. I've already sunk so much time and money trying to get this thing working properly, and I think I'm ready to get an invidia catless or something and call it a day. I'll definitely be contacting nameless but I'm sure they'll give me the same run-around they gave everyone else. It's really a shame that they're going about this the way they are. I'm not expecting them to compensate anyone fully but even something like a partial refund would help soften the blow.

If more people contact them there maybe hope for some kind of refund instead of one or two guys complaining

Honestly there are only about 4 people that installed these. It doesn't do any good for people who haven't installed yet to complain with no facts to back up poor performance. Other than we're scared to install it because it will probably cost a lot of tuning time and money for nothing.

I assume it was confirmed that the flapper can open all the way? Also, what exhaust are you running?

We didn't physically check the flapper but Mike said even with the wastegate duty turned almost all the way down it was still boosting to about 20. So something with the DP is causing the wastegate to choke up and not fully open. I can't remember if you were the one who used to have the AVO DP, I've been thinking about picking one up. If that was you did you have bad boost creep with the AVO? Also correct me if I'm wrong but I assume the ass end of the AVO pipe uses the same flange as the second section of the nameless DP so they should mate up with no issues right?

Also Running the Invidia N1 Catback

Edited by Apexofthevortex
added exhaust

No that wasn't me. I got the AVO cat back years ago with the intention of getting the AVO DP since it was the nicest one available at the time. Wish I had stuck with that plan lol! The AVO DP should bolt up to the Nameless front pipe. I'm running the reverse setup and it bolted up fine.

That's interesting what he found. I have one set of logs sent out to him for my etune. I'm certainly no expert on the matter, so I can't say for sure how good the log looked. I hit a peak of ~18.25 psi and WGDC was around %50. Not sure what he set the boost targets to. Air temp was 105.

No that wasn't me. I got the AVO cat back years ago with the intention of getting the AVO DP since it was the nicest one available at the time. Wish I had stuck with that plan lol! The AVO DP should bolt up to the Nameless front pipe. I'm running the reverse setup and it bolted up fine.

That's interesting what he found. I have one set of logs sent out to him for my etune. I'm certainly no expert on the matter, so I can't say for sure how good the log looked. I hit a peak of ~18.25 psi and WGDC was around %50. Not sure what he set the boost targets to. Air temp was 105.

I recall him actually mentioning exactly that, I had a feeling he was talking about you. I really hope that these last few months of running 20+ psi hasn't done some kind of damage to the turbo or internals. Definitely gonna get another down pipe and try to keep tuning. Deciding between the AVO, Invidia catted, Invidia catless, and turboXS catless.

Im BBPeik and I like to come in here and brag about how awesome my DP is!:lol:

J/K! But seriously, for those of us who havent installed it, what kind of leverage can we use to garner a response from nameless? Im not sure it will fare any better for us if we just start spamming their inbox.

I agree that some kind of group effort would help here, just not sure how to approach it, but we should soon. If getting the DP on my car is the only way then I will have to consider putting it on and getting tuned next month, but honestly only if this will truly help our cause.

I would suggest going with what Ellesedil suggested and let Nameless do the install. Depending on what his priorities are. Or if there is another case of documented over boost, I think the community should address Nameless and request a response that isn't push it forward.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I see GTEASER is going after that AVO dp on NASIOC. If that was there for a few more weeks I was going to pick it up!

Just asking about it. Since eckseleven has the intermediate pipe, he may want the AVO DP to go with it if this whole Nameless DP never pans out.

Just asking about it. Since eckseleven has the intermediate pipe, he may want the AVO DP to go with it if this whole Nameless DP never pans out.

Well thanks for thinking of me! Still on the fence about what I want to do. In the process of etuning now and kinda want to see where that goes. I don't doubt I'll still have overboost problems when it gets colder. Time will tell if I'll be able to live with that.

Now if Nameless stepped up with some sort of compensation for all of this I may consider going a different DP route altogether. Not holding my breath though.

Imo the prudent thing to do would be to get a base tune with only spring pressure at first and see if there are issues. I'm sure one of our tuners would be willing to work with us on the issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

If the overboosting is most apparent in cold weather, then I'd seriously consider getting mine installed at Nameless in the new year. The colder weather should help highlight the problem and I should also have a bit more financial flexibility by then to drop a grand on a project like this. It kinda sucks to wait that long from now, especially since it will have been over a year since the downpipes shipped, but that's probably the best case scenario for me from a financial perspective, and probably also for making the issue readily apparent (assuming I encounter overboosting).

So I never got around to installing my NP downpipe / racer-X goodies, had everything planned out, started doing the work and stripped one of the turbo-bolts. Had to cancel my dyno and haven't had time to get the stripped bolt taken care of...

I'm still planning on moving forward with my install / tuning and think I won't have overboosting issues due to 5280 altitude and stock cat-back. Do you guys think I'm foolish for thinking this?

Dam shame that we're not making any progress and there aren't more installs / success stories.