LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

Current Successful Installs

Dreizehn - exhaust?, ebcs?, ported turbo? altitude?

ApexoftheVortex - Invidia N1 Catback, Grimmspeed EBCS, stock non-ported turbo, sea level

Those with install issues...

eckseleven - exhaust? ebcs?, ported turbo? altitude?

I will grow this list as info is filled in.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Current Successful Installs

Dreizehn - exhaust?, ebcs?, ported turbo? altitude?

ApexoftheVortex - exhaust?, ebcs?, ported turbo? altitude?

Those with install issues...

eckseleven - exhaust? ebcs?, ported turbo? altitude?

Nameless TBE, no EBCS, No porting, 5280'

No issues with creep.

A couple exhaust phases for me. Organize how you'd like. I'm at sea level.

Originally: Nameless DP + AVO CBE. Easily hit boost cut below ~30F. Would see ~18-19 psi around 40F.

Next: Nameless DP + AVO front pipe + Grimmspeed DP adapter + stock everything else. With this configuration could still exceed WG spring pressure by a fair amount at 40F but did not hit boost cut. I think it peaked at about ~16.5 psi.

Currently: Nameless DP + AVO front pipe + Grimmspeed DP adapter + stock mid pipe + AVO muffflers. Did not get to test this in the cold but would expect it to be somewhere in between the other two.

In all three configurations: stock BCS, stock non-ported turbo, tune set to 0% WGDC.

Current Successful Installs - no creep, no overboost

Dreizehn - Nameless CBE, stock EBCS, stock non-ported turbo, 5280'

ApexoftheVortex - Invidia N1 Catback, Grimmspeed EBCS, stock non-ported turbo, sea level

Those with install issues...overboost

eckseleven - stock midpipe with AVO axlebacks, stock EBCS, stock non-ported turbo, sea level..... Notes: WDC set to 0

sm00vem00ve - Nameless CBE, Grimmspeed EBCS, ported hybrid 20G, altitude?..... Notes: upgraded WG spring

Edited by GTEASER

Full nameless TBE, grimspeed ebcs, ported hybrid 20g, upgraded springs, along with the rest of the boltons

What's your elevation? I will leave you in the "issues" category until you fully vet out what your current issue is. Thanks!

eckseleven, I need you elevation too.

Edited by GTEASER

It would be nice to see what your max boost is supposed to be and what you are seeing. I have seen my own boost spike to ~18psi on the ots stage 1 cobb tune, on the HWG map, so I guess what I want to be sure of is that it is hardware and not tune/weather related.

Which parameter would display what max boost is supposed to be at on the Accessport? Would it be boost target?

Which parameter would display what max boost is supposed to be at on the Accessport? Would it be boost target?

Yep boost target is what you want, it will fluctuate with rpm and throttle positions but the max value after a full throttle pull should be your overall target boost limit

I don't think theres a way to monitor both boost target and actual boost pressure simultaneously with the V2(correct me if I'm wrong). If that is the case I'll pull some logs this afternoon and upload them here for scientific research. IIRC tuner said target was 18 psi, but I've seen it creep up to 22 when it was really cold outside. Now that its Spring and really hot maybe it will be different Edited by Apexofthevortex

I don't think theres a way to monitor both boost target and actual boost pressure simultaneously with the V2(correct me if I'm wrong). If that is the case I'll pull some logs this afternoon and upload them here for scientific research

You're correct - there isn't on the V2 so unless you have a separate boost gauge, a log is the only way to go.

Current Successful Installs - no creep, no overboost

Dreizehn - Nameless CBE, stock EBCS, stock non-ported turbo, 5280'

Those with install issues...overboost

eckseleven - stock midpipe with AVO axlebacks, stock EBCS, stock non-ported turbo, sea level..... Notes: WDC set to 0

sm00vem00ve - Nameless CBE, Grimmspeed EBCS, ported hybrid 20G, altitude?..... Notes: upgraded WG spring

I have the Q300, Grimmspeed EBCS, stock turbo non-ported. Phoenix is at about 1100'

I wasn't overboosting before the catback, now I'll hit 19.5 psi sometimes. My target is 18. I'm hopeful that it can be dialed in with a re-tune since it was fine before.

I'm running np dp,stock mid ,and np 5"axel backs ,grimmspeed ebcs, stock turbo and wastegate , on one of the pulls it spiked to 24 psi and hit 395 tq

I just ordered a mildly used invidia catless downpipe for 200 bucks I can't afford to put back on the dyno with nameless dp n still have these problems, my car is babied I drive 10 miles a day n ran perfect till install of this dp, there one guy near me with same set up with invidia catless and tuned last year with same tuner and no problems and I'm in Hawaii so I guess sea level up to1500ft elevation

On another note anyone ever install this iq dw downpipe from Russia

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Downpipe-for-Subaru-Legacy-2-5GT-BM9-BR9-/262390344713?nav=SEARCH

So I asked nameless for input and this is what I got ekcselevn did u try this

There is a very simple resolution - just loosen up the bolts and shift the downpipe forward relative to the car and bolt it back on. It was probably installed pushed all the way to the back of the range of tolerance and was hitting due to that. I don't believe we had a single customer that actually had a part altered at all. The only people with issues were able to be resolved by simply adjusting the location of the downpipe flange relative to the turbine housing. We make the bolt holes oversized a bit to prevent shearing of the turbine housing studs during heat cycling. If the downpipe was even installed centered on the bolt holes it should have no issues.

There is a very simple resolution - just loosen up the bolts and shift the downpipe forward relative to the car and bolt it back on. It was probably installed pushed all the way to the back of the range of tolerance and was hitting due to that. I don't believe we had a single customer that actually had a part altered at all. The only people with issues were able to be resolved by simply adjusting the location of the downpipe flange relative to the turbine housing. We make the bolt holes oversized a bit to prevent shearing of the turbine housing studs during heat cycling. If the downpipe was even installed centered on the bolt holes it should have no issues.

so it did come down to the bolts... i had feeling that was the issue

Didn't get a chance to pull a log for you guys last night. I did monitor target and actual boost this morning on my drive to work. Target is set to 18.5 psi and I was actually underboosting a bit, it was 50 degrees outside and I think the highest I saw was about 16.9 that wasn't a nice long pull but I remember when it was first tuned it could easily hit 20+ by about 5k. I'll keep watching it on my way home and try to see if I can get it to overboost again.

What's your elevation? I will leave you in the "issues" category until you fully vet out what your current issue is. Thanks!

Sea level for me :L And I'll update whenever the shop gets around to fixing it haha

eckseleven, I need you elevation too.

Absolutely. Everything that can be tried with this DP, has. There are no clearance issues with the DP and the wastegate door. This was confirmed with a hand pump hooked to the actuator.

so it did come down to the bolts... i had feeling that was the issue

So can these ARP bolts be used in some other location (bolt on turbo, headers) or are they pretty much 40 bucks in the garbage?

So can these ARP bolts be used in some other location (bolt on turbo, headers) or are they pretty much 40 bucks in the garbage?

Most likely garbage/paper weight. I'll probably be using them to put my OEM DP back on when I inevitably part out this car.