LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

My car got strapped up, did a couple pulls and my tuner told me that I was overboosting..hit 27psi:eek: So after checking all the small stuff, it was at the point where it has to be taken apart and diagnosed. It's gotta be something not allowing the waste gate to open imo, but only time will tell. The full Nameless TBE sounds so aggressive and loud (I have the muffler deletes+4" tips) I love it, cruising around on the base map up to get the tune and around town got a bunch of thumbs up...

I was afraid this had happened when i didn't see any updates on instagram. i was hoping with the new turbo you wouldn't run into that. you may have to port and polish the turbo housing.... or go EWG but that would negate the DWDP

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or the wastegate needs porting...I am trying to work myself up to doing it when I do the downpipe. Or maybe waiting and doing the clutch down pipe and wastegate all at the same time. Maybe Fahr-side will have a video made of one by then.

Wastegate was ported out 28mm as I recall :L

Stock boost control or Grimmspeed?

GS ebcs, all hooked up correctly

So about low 60s, full tbe and you're over boosting?

Yup was pretty much the situation, sucky :l

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I was afraid this had happened when i didn't see any updates on instagram. i was hoping with the new turbo you wouldn't run into that. you may have to port and polish the turbo housing.... or go EWG but that would negate the DWDP

Yeah it was already previously ported and the arm was shortened as well so I figured there shouldn't be any overboost issues..And I was supposed to get a ets header set up but he ended up keeping it which was the smarter choice for him haha

Yeah it was already previously ported and the arm was shortened as well so I figured there shouldn't be any overboost issues..And I was supposed to get a ets header set up but he ended up keeping it which was the smarter choice for him haha

is shortening the arm supposed to make the wastegate open further?

I'm really surprised to hear about your overboosting because as noted here, we ported the sh*t out of that wastegate and for quite awhile I was able to hold 23.5 PSI with no problem.

Were you able to apply air pressure directly to the diaphragm housing to make sure the actuator can fully extend without interference on any other brackets or flanges? I had interference issues with a bracket and my downpipe flange that needed to be addressed to allow full extension of the actuator.

is shortening the arm supposed to make the wastegate open further?

It was originally shortened because I think it was hitting a bracket near the turbo/downpipe and possibly something else. When I was looking under the car when it was just jacked up at the shop, you can't really see the arm fully so its hard to see if its something externally that may be holding the arm up or internally.

Though it could be something completely different..though I'm not really sure what else could be the issue. Had a compression test and new spark plugs put in before the tune as well (comp between 145-149, pretty solid numbers)

Replied to your pm Jackal, but like I said I didn't end up testing it while it was on the car since the dude at BNR tested everything to make sure it all worked, plus got rid of that bracket above dp/turbo... and honestly we were on a bit of a time crunch so that just got pushed aside :l

So had my car on the dyno yesterday and it was amateur hour for me

First pull and charge pipe to ic popped off , I have to bead roll it a bit bore n line up the ic better,

Second pull he can't control boost/ saw that hose from ebcs came off , so took of the dyno n on the lift put thing back together double zip tied every thing then back o. The dyno n still couldn't control so either it came off again or maybe the hoses were switched during install cause was boosting as much as it could and tq was like 395 ,so now I have to double check the ebcs and if it's all hooked up right I just may go back to the stocker, shitty thing is he won't be back for a month , I hope it has nothing to do with the dp

Okay, that's 3 or 4 now that have had serious overboost issues with the group buy Nameless DP, correct? Out of the 5 or 6 that have installed the group buy DP? I realize that some of the recent installs may have other issues but I am keeping a very close eye on this.

Ok so my car is set at wg boost so my tuner said if my ebcs is not working it would boost pass that and that if it was it should go up to bout 10 psi

I checked the hoses n looks good n didn't even really pull in3rd just steadily put my foot down n I hit 15lbs I'm just thinking to put in the invidia downpipe

All I changed was the tmic charge pipe n ebcs n those are all fine

And the dp is having same problems as eleckseven

Question on porting...if you port, then want to revert to stock, are you SOL, or does it make no difference, possibly even helping?

Porting will not impact you negatively going back to stock. The WGDC may need some minor adjustment. Worst thing that would happen is you might slightly undershoot the boost targets if you flashed a stock map but even then it's unlikely.

Error wouldn't boost pass wg boost unless the ebcs was working properly

When you say this (that it won't boost past WG unless the EBCS is working properly), that's true, but with the caveat that your wastegate is capable of managing the exhaust flow. If it can't, you'll continue to build boost well beyond the WG spring setting simply because the exhaust flow is not able to be diverted from the turbine.

I haven't kept an eye on my boost recently, but it was overboosting slightly maybe by like 1 or 2 psi. I'll keep an eye on it next time I'm driving.

It would be nice to see what your max boost is supposed to be and what you are seeing. I have seen my own boost spike to ~18psi on the ots stage 1 cobb tune, on the HWG map, so I guess what I want to be sure of is that it is hardware and not tune/weather related.

Edited by FLlegacy

local, Colorado member Dreizehn noted success half way through this thread. I sent him a PM yesterday inquiring about his tuner as I plan on using the same guy but haven't heard back.

Would be good to get his confirmation added to this list...All these issues are concerning and if the list continues, I wonder if anything could be done with Nameless...

Only things I think that I have going for me is that I'm at altitude (5280ft) and am only installing the DP...

Current Successful Installs

Dreizehn - exhaust?, ebcs?, ported turbo? altitude?

ApexoftheVortex - exhaust?, ebcs?, ported turbo? altitude?

Those with install issues...

eckseleven - exhaust? ebcs?, ported turbo? altitude?

I will grow this list as info is filled in.

Edited by GTEASER