LegacyGT.com

PeterJMC's 2008 Spec B

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey I see your fitting 18x8'' wheels why are the offset?

I have a JDM 08 spec B BP5 2.0T in with I want to fit TS-10 Enkei wheels to. The specs are 18x8'' 40p will these sit comfortably and sit with tee guard and clear everything needed????

The BBS RE875s that I have on the car now are 18x8 with an offset of 50.

I wouldn't know if a 18x8 and 40 offset would fit. Sorry. What is a tee guard?

awesome! looking forward to when you install the rear brembos! ;)

Thanks! The only thing holding me back on installing them now is deciding if I should install them as is, or have them powdercoated... and whatever that timeline is to do the powdercoat work. I'm 99% sure that I'll get the rears powdercoated so I'm not running mismatched :lol:

The fronts are powdercoated black with silver lettering today. The rears that I have are the standard gold with red lettering.

Drove back home on the highway in the rain.... TIL my brakes are complete trash when they're wet. Was slowing down to take the exit, hit the brakes, and NOTHING for a good second or so. Was fine after using it, but once the rotors were covered in water (from cruising for 5-10+ miles), the brakes became temporarily worthless again.

Guess it turns out I haven't driven this thing in heavy rain since I've had it.

edit: a solid week+ later and I realized I posted this in your thread instead of the WDYDT thread. Sorry for the thread crap! :spin:

• 2 weeks later...

This arrived this week. I'll have to break open the plastic wrap on the thing behind it so I can at least install something this month... [emoji38] What's in the plastic wrap won't be installed on the car until the Spring. :)

7379f790fe15f01189ffc34e1e44e453.jpg

Vf52? Glad to see this car getting taken care of

Something like that :)

Thanks. The car definitely needed a bit of loving.

Thanks for the details on your build thread. Im new to this particular forum, but not subarus... picking up a spec b this week and will take some of your mods and put them to use on my own. Keep it up!

Thanks! Post up a journal of your own. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do to it.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

And not the "bad touch" that BB-V was giving her :lol:

I found out that the car is a he and that is the reason I sold it and in the main reason peter bought it from me. The problem is I didnt touch him enough but the good news is peter will ;)

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I caress the spec.Balls gently. We shall see how he likes it. Maybe I'll finish HIM up in 30 degree weather this coming Monday and actually get it back on the road.

I want to see your car in person one of these days. I am in MD too. You should join Maryland Subaru Club on Facebook if you have not. We try to have meets every other week or so.

I joined it recently. I'll try to make it out to a meet soon!

So I've decided to do the 2015 STi Steering Rack Swap. The car will sit for another few weeks waiting for parts.

I ended up finding a used rack on ebay and it comes with the u joint.

Underdogs Steering Rack Swap thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/underdog-motorsports-2015-sti-steering-rack-swap-234351.html

Let me know how you like it. I may look into doing it in the summer.

If this works for you Peter, 100% my next mod. Glad a couple others are testing out the VDC and I don't have to be a trailblazer.

I'll keep you guys updated. I hope to have this installed by Spring, maybe sooner. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the spec. B has blinker fluid reservoirs that need to be drained before you can bake/clear the headlights.

I know on my 05 it was an absolute breeze but my friend got an 08 GT in November and wanted the lights blacked out and those blinker reservoirs drain slowly!! :spin:

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Archived