LegacyGT.com

19mm rear sway bar install

Guest rayms69

^ lemon laws apply to any car that is still under manufacturer warranty and depending upon when they bought their car, they may still be under that warranty.

Where I live they use the following criteria to determine lemon law worthiness:

1. Four or more unsuccessful attempts to repair the same defect; or,

2. One unsuccessful attempt to repair a defect that has caused the complete failure of the steering or braking system and that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury; or,

3. A car that has been out of service due to warranty repairs for 30 or more cumulative business days.

4. In each case the initial defect must occur within the warranty period, or two years, whichever comes first, but the manufacturer’s repair attempts may extend to the end of the third year.

Even if you do not meet one of the above categories, you may still have a lemon law claim, but it will be harder to prove.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ lemon laws apply to any car that is still under manufacturer warranty and depending upon when they bought their car, they may still be under that warranty.

Not true, it is not tied to the warranty at all. Each state has their own rules and people should check with their states Attorney General to see what qualifies as a lemon in their state.

In Florida, a "Lemon" can only be claimed within the first 24 months after the date of purchase.

Not true, it is not tied to the warranty at all. Each state has their own rules and people should check with their states Attorney General to see what qualifies as a lemon in their state.

In Florida, a "Lemon" can only be claimed within the first 24 months after the date of purchase.

find me a state where lemon laws apply after factory warranty has expired and you have your first issue?

Where I live you can only claim lemon law when the first repair attempt falls within the first 2 years of car ownership and it may be extended to the third under certain circumstances and that is within the time period of the 3/36 warranty. some states may make that time frame shorter or longer. Steering or brake issues are issues that can be claimed under the third year. Mileage where I live is irrelevant...

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the advice on the mounts. Very good information to share on the forums. I think for now we are going to risk it with the stock mounts. My wife drives the Legacy mostly and if she is cornering hard enough with the 20mm bar to bend the mounts......I want to be able to be mad at her for not including me on such likely fun shenanigans! :lol:

One month (+) in, I just lifted the car onto jack stands and thoroughly inspected the 20mm rear sway bar upgrade I had installed using the new bushings but OEM stock end links/bushing brackets (and I reinstalled the OEM nuts/bolts).

I don't do auto crossing, but normal 'spirited' onramps and offramp...

Zero issues, everything tight and unbent. I won't bother upgrading end links/bushing mounts unless I see an issue later, but I won't be inspecting it that often since I can't see anything askew now.

I don't think standard commuting will destroy the OEM endlinks or mounts, even with a 20mm upgraded sway bar, but YMMV, use your OEM parts and recheck it after a month or two to be safe..

Edited by upstater

One month (+) in, I just lifted the car onto jack stands and thoroughly inspected the 20mm rear sway bar upgrade I had installed using the new bushings but OEM stock end links/bushing brackets (and I reinstalled the OEM nuts/bolts).

I don't do auto crossing, but normal 'spirited' onramps and offramp...

Zero issues, everything tight and unbent. I won't bother upgrading end links/bushing mounts unless I see an issue later, but I won't be inspecting it that often since I can't see anything askew now.

I don't think standard commuting will destroy the OEM endlinks or mounts, even with a 20mm upgraded sway bar, but YMMV, use your OEM parts and recheck it after a month or two to be safe..

I just took a look the other day. I am running the same setup as you. No issues or anything. Everything looks good. Super happy I went ahead with this mod. Way worth it!

• 2 months later...
I installed a 20mm.

Did you get an OEM 20mm bar/bushings?

New to the 3.6R, for the second time (I had a 2011 previously), and this is my/our 9th Subaru (between the wife and I, since 2002 (WRX wagon)).

I just traded my impreza, and had a 20mm STi bar on there, but, sold the bar/etc.

I'm sure the 20mm is more than enough for a daily driver, but, this time, I think I might like to go with a 22mm, or adjustable.

Anyone have the part number for the whiteline or OEM 20mm bars, please?

[emoji93][emoji93][emoji93][emoji93][emoji93][emoji93][emoji93] Welcome [emoji93][emoji93][emoji93][emoji93][emoji93] To the 6 Gen

This Stickies Thread will be your source of a lot of aftermarket for the 6 Gen.

Look under Suspension in the first post.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4987582

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul[emoji16]

Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Did you get an OEM 20mm bar/bushings?

New to the 3.6R, for the second time (I had a 2011 previously), and this is my/our 9th Subaru (between the wife and I, since 2002 (WRX wagon)).

I just traded my impreza, and had a 20mm STi bar on there, but, sold the bar/etc.

I'm sure the 20mm is more than enough for a daily driver, but, this time, I think I might like to go with a 22mm, or adjustable.

Anyone have the part number for the whiteline or OEM 20mm bars, please?

bar comes with bushings and you will re-use all other hardware.

also I would remove bar and end links as a unit as it is a PITB to get the end links off if you have had your car for a few years. I ended up ordering new end links...

These are the part numbers you will get

Part Number(s): Bar 20451VA000 - Bushings 20464VA000 x2

Edited by YeuEmMaiMai

^^For sure. I've always upgraded the bar on almost every scoob I've had...this one will be no different. ;)

I still remember the time when I did this install (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cusco-f-r-swaybar-review-18413.html) and that was on my first ever LGT, from '05 -- great mod(s), but, no longer have the car.

Edited by inthedeck

Should be an easy swap. I backed up on ramps, swapped the bar and bushings, and was done in 20 or so minutes. I had my car about a month when I did it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jsmith

I did mine with the car on the ground and it was fairly easy.. you need to have the suspension loaded when you install the bar so the bushings are not being loaded when the car is placed back onto the ground. Putting the car up on ramps will also keep the suspension loaded.

• 2 months later...
So what's the easiest way to do this install with the car on the ground? What do you mean the suspension needs to be loaded? Am I supposed to jack the differential up? Parts department is also telling me the Crosstrek sway bar physically won't fit. Edited by Beerguy419
Additional comment

So what's the easiest way to do this install with the car on the ground? What do you mean the suspension needs to be loaded? Am I supposed to jack the differential up? Parts department is also telling me the Crosstrek sway bar physically won't fit.

Yes it’s much easier when Car is on the ground,it’s very easy to install only took me 10-15 min to remove old and install new one, I have the 20mm one,and it’s night and day difference.

Suspension does not need to be loaded, you can put the rear on jackstands and it will be easier to get under the car to install it.

Can it also be done on the ground? probably, but it is a lot easier with a little more room to move around, imho.

Suspension does not need to be loaded, you can put the rear on jackstands and it will be easier to get under the car to install it.

Can it also be done on the ground? probably, but it is a lot easier with a little more room to move around, imho.

I was able to do it with Car on the ground with an eased but then again I’m only 5’1”lol but either way it’s easy install

there is more than enough room for an average dude to slide under the rear bumper and remove and install the bar. You can also back the car up onto ramps and do it that way.. there are only 4 8 fasteners to remove

4x sway bar bushing cap bolts 2x end link bolts and 2x sway bar bolts. if you replace your end links like I did then it is only 6 fasteners to remove but still 8 to reinstall.

I took the bar/links out as an assembly and that was a cake walk

If anyone is in my area and want to upgrade I bought one of the 20mm rear bar and never got around to installing it. Would let it go pretty cheap, but I'm not going go ship it, too awkward.

I know I’m super late but do you still have the bar? And if so where you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...