LegacyGT.com

Info on the motor in the LGT

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uhmm I'm pretty sure the AP stage 1 will clear the lean in boost.

I really can't find a v2 at a decent price and it seems like it's just better off going v3?

V2s should be going for about $325-$375.

Any 07+ Subaru UP will fit.

Will the AP stage 1 tune cure the lean while in boost and what year sti. Up pipe fit an 05 lgt 5 eat?

Do you have 05 or 05.5 5EAT? I know, sounds weird, but there's a difference. I have an 05.5 5EAT (they made some changes during the year).

I have an AP v1 with stage 1 and stage 2 TDC tunes (old tuner, no longer around, but good tunes!). Plus, the stage 1 and 2 Cobb tunes as well, of course.

I upgraded to a newer turbo and have a map for that as well, but I've gone open source and no longer use it. Let me know if you have an 05.5 and are interested. It's a little slower to flash than the new ones (takes 10-15 minutes or so), but it still works. You can have it for $75 shipped..

Will the AP stage 1 tune cure the lean while in boost and what year sti. Up pipe fit an 05 lgt 5 eat?

I think just about any catless UP will fit an '05 5eat - Subaru UPs are identical from like 2004-2009 or something - double check exact fit. Of course, the plain WRX UPs from that time frame also had a cat. It was the STi UPs that didn't.

I bought a WRX UP when I thought it was an STi UP, and ended up de-catting it myself - took like 10 minutes with a hammer and screwdriver..

Got the car.. no way in he'll it's stock.. but I have a issue.. I have big feet and each time I shift my toe of my shoe gets caught under the dash.. I might try to get a few shots of the car tonight but I'm a little tired

Got the car.. no way in he'll it's stock.. but I have a issue.. I have big feet and each time I shift my toe of my shoe gets caught under the dash.. I might try to get a few shots of the car tonight but I'm a little tired

See doctor, amputate toes? These cars weren't meant for dudes with size 14s!

This. V1s shouldn't be used now.

Depends IMHO. Not saying it's for everyone. But, someone on a budget could go stage 2 with this + gutted OEM pipes (as I have now) - total cost: $75 + whatever new pieces you want to buy. Assuming they're ok with an ACN91 tune.

The TDC stage 2 tune is probably the best of any tune I've run - super fast throttle response in around-town driving, good get-up-and-go. As any vf40, power falls off after 5k rpm, but that's a turbo issue, not a tune issue.

I did upgrade to a bnr16g due to concerns about the vf40s longevity, but, now, with the infamous oil line kit, I don't know that I'd definitely do that again (I'm coming up on 5 years, 45k miles for the bnr16g swap). 5 years ago there was a rash of vf40s dying around 60-80k miles due to oil starvation.

Depends IMHO. Not saying it's for everyone. But, someone on a budget could go stage 2 with this + gutted OEM pipes (as I have now) - total cost: $75 + whatever new pieces you want to buy. Assuming they're ok with an ACN91 tune.

The TDC stage 2 tune is probably the best of any tune I've run - super fast throttle response in around-town driving, good get-up-and-go. As any vf40, power falls off after 5k rpm, but that's a turbo issue, not a tune issue.

I did upgrade to a bnr16g due to concerns about the vf40s longevity, but, now, with the infamous oil line kit, I don't know that I'd definitely do that again (I'm coming up on 5 years, 45k miles for the bnr16g swap). 5 years ago there was a rash of vf40s dying around 60-80k miles due to oil starvation.

Stage 2 is technically UP, DP AND a tune, though, whether or not an AP actually counts these days is open to interpretation. Personally, I say having an AP, DP and UP (alphabetical, IC!) really only makes for Stage 1.75. The other .25 coming from having a dyno or road protune.

I don't recommend the V1, mostly because Cobb doesn't support it anymore, and I don't think many tuners do, either. Having some logging capability is critical when modding, and, for the small bump in investment, I think it's worthwhile that someone pass up a v1 for a v2 AP, both for performance and peace of mind.

Archived