LegacyGT.com

Info on the motor in the LGT

I largely ignored it till after the 105K service performed at 95Kish... After a couple hard shifts learned more about pan drops and the filter location yada yada... Never been back to the stealership again for service as I believe they lied about ATF fluid change. I asked specifically they flush it... Looked like hell the first time I dropped it.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I largely ignored it till after the 105K service performed at 95Kish... After a couple hard shifts learned more about pan drops and the filter location yada yada... Never been back to the stealership again for service as I believe they lied about ATF fluid change. I asked specifically they flush it... Looked like hell the first time I dropped it.

Yeah, they don't wanna do 'em because getting to the filter sucks. I asked why the filter was in the location it is(as I was doing my own), and the Master Tech's response, "Because Subaru hates us."

ummm OK I'm sitting here I saw the car listed in NJ but I see the same car listed in VA with the same pictures... hmmm

Uhmm I see another listings this time with a better view of the front (see the scoop now)

However it looks like I see a stock nav system where the '05 just had a empty storage above the radio.. Now I'm a bit confused...

ummm OK I'm sitting here I saw the car listed in NJ but I see the same car listed in VA with the same pictures... hmmm

Uhmm I see another listings this time with a better view of the front (see the scoop now)

However it looks like I see a stock nav system where the '05 just had a empty storage above the radio.. Now I'm a bit confused...

Dealer-added option, is my guess.

There's an 06 locally (for 15 and some change) that's been on their lot for ages. Is a pretty standard limited but has the NAV like in a SpecB

Damn... found a car.. emailed the seller this time to ask if it's still up for sell... it was.. I told him I need the address and now I'm sitting waiting, in the age of smartphones it takes 20 min to respond? He's waiting so long it's impossible to get to the bank on time now plus the DMV is going to be closed now :lol:

all I can really do is get the car insurance and have him sign the bill of sell and have him hold the car for Friday when the person over my loan application comes back..

the good stuff is the car already have been flashed and tuned by EFI and it's a limited sedan

lol I can't stand driving this '95 ford Taurus anymore.. :spin::lol:

Damn... found a car.. emailed the seller this time to ask if it's still up for sell... it was.. I told him I need the address and now I'm sitting waiting, in the age of smartphones it takes 20 min to respond? He's waiting so long it's impossible to get to the bank on time now plus the DMV is going to be closed now :lol:

all I can really do is get the car insurance and have him sign the bill of sell and have him hold the car for Friday when the person over my loan application comes back..

the good stuff is the car already have been flashed and tuned by EFI and it's a limited sedan

lol I can't stand driving this '95 ford Taurus anymore.. :spin::lol:

I predict a "my turbo is smoking" thread coming soon...

Why because I did not go with that other car?

no because

I can't stand driving this '95 ford Taurus anymore.. :spin::lol:

for nearly every "i bot an lgt after driving a crap can car" thread, there usually follows the dreaded "something is broken" post. Usally from something along the lines of "hey, hold my beer" antics.

Now that I've jinxed it, you'll be different..."Hey, hold my doobie" :lol:

no because

for nearly every "i bot an lgt after driving a crap can car" thread, there usually follows the dreaded "something is broken" post. Usally from something along the lines of "hey, hold my beer" antics.

Now that I've jinxed it, you'll be different..."Hey, hold my doobie" :lol:

A person would be a idiot without driving it first my last outback I had, she was letting people drive the car around with no tranny fluid.. so what happen was 5th gear was clean shaven and the shifter would get stuck between gears.

LOL I came to the house with my jump box (be smart) and I started looking over the car looking and feeling for rust, and she said wow it looks like you really know your stuff.. I moved the car forward a few feet and back, looked at the dipstick and it was bone dry... I drove it home and drove it for about 20k with no 5th gear.. the longest trip would be a risky drive out to Detroit, MI.. now that I look back on that I would never do something like that again.

About a year and a half later the tranny finally went out one morning under a light roll off from a stop sign less then a mile from home.. I replaced it :D

well I asked him about the uppipe and it's a catless, I will have to inspect those banjo bolts, the catback exhaust looks a little funny most I've seen sit closer to the bumper, he has a AVO mount for the air filter that interferes with the hood prop.

Also the rear trunk (I hate a wing trunk) wont pop up when the trunk release is pushed so you have to lift it.. I can't remember how the sedans opened since I mostly drove the wagon version.

the things I did not care too much about is the FMIC and so I asked him how much the car was making and he said stock.. and stock tune... however how can you keep stock tune on a FMIC?

Also the car is lowered.. lower then stock with outback wheels and I don't car too much about that too.. I'd love to go back to a TMIC without much fuss providing it's not going to screw with the tune.

well I asked him about the uppipe and it's a catless, I will have to inspect those banjo bolts, the catback exhaust looks a little funny most I've seen sit closer to the bumper, he has a AVO mount for the air filter that interferes with the hood prop.

Also the rear trunk (I hate a wing trunk) wont pop up when the trunk release is pushed so you have to lift it.. I can't remember how the sedans opened since I mostly drove the wagon version.

the things I did not care too much about is the FMIC and so I asked him how much the car was making and he said stock.. and stock tune... however how can you keep stock tune on a FMIC?

Also the car is lowered.. lower then stock with outback wheels and I don't car too much about that too.. I'd love to go back to a TMIC without much fuss providing it's not going to screw with the tune.

Run. That car is owned and modified by someone who clearly hangs out with Hondakids.

Take a look at the Cars for Sale here -- Wouldn't you be willing to drive to get something that would run well enough to drive back home?

As long as nothing is cut which I did not see and I asked if something did happen I have a spare 255 block on the ready or I can go a different route and test the limits of a ej22. The guy is near my age around 30 and works as a mechanic at the Honda dealership. . I would be the 3rd owner and it has stacks of all the sales slips of work done on the car (not mod work) but dealer and tires.

I still would prefer if the car was back on the stock tmic.

Archived