LegacyGT.com

Info on the motor in the LGT

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guessing the 255 heads don't fully match with the coolant ports?

No, I believe there are guys on NASIOC running 2l with B or D25 heads, so as to have AVCS, however, that brings about a bump in compression that puts it out of turbo territory, or, at least, safe territory when boost is added to the equation.

I was talking about that 2l longblock, though -- Would fit just fine, but, the electronics are completely different and would likely pose a challenge to getting it to run at all, on top of the tuning nightmares.

Dujo, what up dude, long time!

The resistor is for the EGT code, not for the Cat efficiency code (P0420). And if you've used RomRaider, it's as simple as going into the CEL tab and turning P0420 off. So even if it would normally trigger the CEL, it won't, and it won't show up in a scan.

I keep a running list of issues with 05-06 LGT's in my build thread, some issues have been fixed with 07+ cars.

I have a bnr16g + tune, and 5EAT. That eliminates most of these issues right there. Although I am butting my head up against the radio/AC control issue..

Did I read that link correctly for bearings, that I can basically just buy and replace the entire hub? Or just unbolt the bearing/replace/re-bolt? I would imagine buying the whole hub to be way more $$?

No reason to believe I need it yet, but I'm at 106k, so, may need this at some point..

So I take it the Oil Control Valve is not a huge deal?

You asked a very vague question -- What do you mean?

Yes, it's a big deal. It's the heart of the AVCS system and controls the oil flow to the cams.

They're a wear item and need to be replaced every 75k, sometimes less. Can be found for about $90 online.

You asked a very vague question -- What do you mean?

Yes, it's a big deal. It's the heart of the AVCS system and controls the oil flow to the cams.

They're a wear item and need to be replaced every 75k, sometimes less. Can be found for about $90 online.

I was just wondering what the symptoms are if it's on it's way out.. for quick searching I saw rough idle and a code?

I was just wondering what the symptoms are if it's on it's way out.. for quick searching I saw rough idle and a code?

Yup, that's how it starts. However, unless you have a code specifically for one or both, your rough idle could be any number of things, including a stuck or clogged injector. Many people report better idle (and fuel mileage!) from cleaning or replacing their injectors.

Have not tried [ame=http://www.amazon.com/AUS-Injection-MP-10933-Remanufactured-Injector/dp/B001AG6YG2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top]THESE INJECTORS[/ame] personally, but the reviews look favorable, considering.

Or, see Witchhunter Performance or Deaschworks, both do injector cleaning for about the same price, however, both require downtime.

Have not tried THESE INJECTORS personally, but the reviews look favorable, considering.

That's a pretty awesome price! Sadly some reviews are saying they have different pintle caps/pintle holes. Probably similar to what I got from GB Reman a while ago. Still don't know if that makes a big difference.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/05%20LGT/Engine/General/Injectors/CIMG1528.jpg~original

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

That's a pretty awesome price! Sadly some reviews are saying they have different pintle caps/pintle holes. Probably similar to what I got from GB Reman a while ago. Still don't know if that makes a big difference.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/05%20LGT/Engine/General/Injectors/CIMG1528.jpg~original

Right? That, and the most recent review says they didn't come with the pintle caps, so, I'm kinda leery. Although, it's about the same price as having one's stockers sent out to DW or WH.

I have a bnr16g + tune, and 5EAT. That eliminates most of these issues right there. Although I am butting my head up against the radio/AC control issue..

Did I read that link correctly for bearings, that I can basically just buy and replace the entire hub? Or just unbolt the bearing/replace/re-bolt? I would imagine buying the whole hub to be way more $$?

No reason to believe I need it yet, but I'm at 106k, so, may need this at some point..

Its a hub bearing, you replace the whole thing. There have been a few conversions (2) to use sti bearings, however, its expensive and comes with its own set of bearings.

I've used every manufacturer and they all suck about the same. High heat kills them faster. However, you can run them for quite some time after they start making noise, YMMV. For me, they started making noise after the first lap. I drove them until they were nearly seized.

Right? That, and the most recent review says they didn't come with the pintle caps, so, I'm kinda leery. Although, it's about the same price as having one's stockers sent out to DW or WH.

Tempted to try them out, posted a question to their Amazon page about 12 vs 4 pintle holes and what kind of pintle caps are used (their picture shows OEM metal on their website).

Correct wheel bearings are part of the hub assembly. Stick to good quality bearings like Timken.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Any thread around where about just pulling the motor? I figure other then the turbo it's pretty much like any other Subaru?

I sure as hell don't want to be working on the motor when it's 16 F out again

That's the only time my car wanted to beg for attention. Vacuum lines coming undone and turbo swap were all snow days.

Archived