LegacyGT.com

Extreme Turbo Systems: Exhaust Manifold W/ External Wastegate

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
So with so many ewg choices, I was going to go with two Tial 38mm, does anyone know how much modification would be needed or is it pretty simple to drop/bolt up with their supplied dump tubes? Not to knowledgable about all this stuff yet still looking into it but most likely going to purchase this set up.. Although being close to 2k with this header set up is alot

So with so many ewg choices, I was going to go with two Tial 38mm, does anyone know how much modification would be needed or is it pretty simple to drop/bolt up with their supplied dump tubes? Not to knowledgable about all this stuff yet still looking into it but most likely going to purchase this set up.. Although being close to 2k with this header set up is alot

It's designed to be used with the TiAL MV-S which is a v-band connection. They wastegates themselves will bolt right on with the v-band but you may need fab dump pipes out of the wastegates that either dump to atmosphere or plumb back into the DP if you don't want the noise.

ETS manifold comes with two short dump pipes for Tial MV-S wastegates. Copied from ETS's website:

ETS 2010+ Legacy GT Turbo Manifold is built in house using 1.9" SCH40 SS material. This insures the manifold last the life of your vehicle and increases horsepower. This manifold is designed to be used with 2x Tial MV-S wastegates. This gives you precise boost control when you need it most.

• 2 weeks later...

Also asked about possibilities for a small production run if there was a minimum number of buyers and the response was:

"Not on this unfortunately. It takes about 2 days to build this thing and its really difficult and time consuming. :mad:"

If someone absolutely needs an EWG header to combat boost creep issues, Six Star in Illinois does offer one. Somezero had one and I believe M1cha3l does too. It isn't as nice of a design as ETS (the runners merge together pretty quickly), but if you are dead set, this might be an alternative. When I was looking into this awhile back they quoted me $700.

^ This. Horrible design. Let's also not forget that merging cylinders 1 to 3 and 2 to 4 is not a strategy that gets evenly-spaced pulses in the secondary tubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I don't think it would be hard they look very similar but without one to mock up who knows, we would still need the turbo as well since the flange is different.

Yes, but if anything the stock VAF/SJ9 turbo is smaller than the VF-54, and is a Honeywell (Garrett) unit made in China.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Yes, but if anything the stock VAF/SJ9 turbo is smaller than the VF-54, and is a Honeywell (Garrett) unit made in China.

Sent from a device using some software.

I have read that twin scroll turbos flow more air in higher rpm, so would this not be the case with the stock fa turbo over our vf-54? We would need a turbo upgrade along with the manifold then.

Archived