LegacyGT.com

Extreme Turbo Systems: Exhaust Manifold W/ External Wastegate

ETS has set the hook.

http://ccs.dogpile.com/ClickHandler.ashx?ld=20141113&app=1&c=info.dogpl&s=dogpile&rc=info.dogpl&dc=&euip=66.234.199.109&pvaid=d0d270eb833e49b9989ff6a98a41903f&dt=Desktop&fct.uid=a81d602b19894e488cf268f7d8bc2930&en=0WEFU%2FZhSoQrR2QhC9ngyiLWjD1jFApuD%2BA8y%2FAiIz1wW%2Fgzy%2BNk0g%3D%3D&du=http%3A%2F%2Fjaxcattackle.com%2Fimages%2Fjigwobbler.gif&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fjaxcattackle.com%2Fimages%2Fjigwobbler.gif&ap=14&coi=772&cop=main-title&npp=14&p=0&pp=0&ep=14&mid=9&hash=2A08E2ABA056819BCEA31ED10D33D3CE

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, having tuned a lot of EWG Subaru's, it definitely has its advantages (plus the EWG sound, which is super awesome on a twin scroll set up an 2 EWG!). Again, more than happy tune anyone's set up, once you decide to go with an EWG, or any other set up with stock or other turbo.

-Logan

...this looks like a twin scroll header correct? I'm guessing the stock an any of the modded stock units (BNR, Steamspeed, and etc) will still bolt up to it? Any possibility that turbos in development for the '12 WRX will bolt up as well?

...this looks like a twin scroll header correct? I'm guessing the stock an any of the modded stock units (BNR, Steamspead, and etc) will still bolt up to it? Any possibility that turbos in development for the '12 WRX will bolt up as well?

Yes the manifold must be twin scroll. Twin scroll flange to turbo and twin wastegates. It must bolt up to stock turbo for our cars. The OP is still running stock turbo as far as I know.

Not sure about 15 WRX aftermarket turbos. Blouch developed one that was tested by Mike Botti (well respected tuner in CT) but I don't know any specifics about it.

Who is going to be the first person to attempt to install an ETS turbo kit for 15 WRX on a 5th gen?

I have considered it but after upgrading the turbo and all the work I did on my FMIC I don't think I'll bother. It wouldn't take much to get the first half of the hot side intercooler piping refabbed and fab a downpipe if the ETS one wouldn't connect to my AVO exhaust. But this car will only see the street and the turbo offerings with the ETS kit are probably laggier than the BNR 20G that I have. I think a Precision 5858 is the smallest that they offer.

Who is going to be the first person to attempt to install an ETS turbo kit for 15 WRX on a 5th gen?

I have considered it but after upgrading the turbo and all the work I did on my FMIC I don't think I'll bother. It wouldn't take much to get the first half of the hot side intercooler piping refabbed and fab a downpipe if the ETS one wouldn't connect to my AVO exhaust. But this car will only see the street and the turbo offerings with the ETS kit are probably laggier than the BNR 20G that I have. I think a Precision 5858 is the smallest that they offer.

EJ and FA exhaust ports are different so the manifold for 15 WRX turbo kit would not fit our motor. There goes that idea!

Any more videos with the ETW manifold. And any before and after Dyno's? All these new parts coming out for the 2010+ LGT make me want one.

I hope to have the manifold installed and get retuned within 3 weeks. I have not seen a dyno graph with the manifold yet. As far as I know the OP is the only guy on the forum who has one.

Archived