LegacyGT.com

Extreme Turbo Systems: Exhaust Manifold W/ External Wastegate

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I tried to search for it and found this.

The part number that I was looking at for my LGT was 16102AA520.

When I clicked on the link for the one on the WRX labeled 16102A it shows this

http://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2015_WRXSTI-WITH-SPOILER/VALVE-ASSEMBLY-DUTY-SOLENOID/49227799/16102AA480.html

Not sure what those last 4 characters being different means.

Capture.thumb.JPG.a937780bca662e9691aa8dc6fae2dc49.JPG

Well I tried to search for it and found this.

The part number that I was looking at for my LGT was 16102AA520.

When I clicked on the link for the one on the WRX labeled 16102A it shows this

http://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2015_WRXSTI-WITH-SPOILER/VALVE-ASSEMBLY-DUTY-SOLENOID/49227799/16102AA480.html

Not sure what those last 4 characters being different means.

It looks like you are looking at the 2015 STI (old turbo location, etc.)-- not the 2015 WRX....

It looks to me like the 2015 WRX uses the same part http://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2015_WRX-20L-6MT-WRX/VALVE-ASSEMBLY-DUTY-SOLENOID/49227802/16102AA520.html

Thank you jojorios for pointing me to a good site to look this up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Loving the sound!

Mine? Not so much ;P .

To clarify. This is a custom header from 6 star motorsports with tial 44 mm ewg.

I ended up plumbing it back in since I didnt like the sound. No video yet. I'll post one when I can.

Here is a vid taken with go pro (Grrr too much wind noise!) after I plumbed the EWG back in. Big difference and I'm very happy :) !!!

• 4 months later...
I wasn't sure in which thread to pose this question but, now with the nameless DP, if it does eliminate boost creep, what would be the benefit with this header? As in would it still help spool quicker & Boost hp? Or would the benefits be minimal?

The stock downpipe and half the aftermarket ones out there have a fatal flaw in that the wastegate flows at a flat plate. Once out from the flapper the gas has to make a sharp turn and then try to squeeze out the round hole right in line with the turbine. Of course the turbine makes the flow there very turbulent, so our poor wastegated gas kind of has to take a number and wait to get into that line. Any kind of bellmouth arrangement here will help enormously, and a divorced type should also be better than the godawful stock setup.

These aftermarket headers however take a totally different approach and divert the wastegated gas before it even reaches the turbo exhaust housing.

Long story short... an EWG will definitely fix any and all boost creep problems via a large increase in the wastegate area and flow out of it. The downpipe solution does not fix the wastegate itself being undersized for the application, especially where larger compressors are involved. Sure, providing better flow out of the stock internal gate will help, but it might not completely solve the problem. In either case you only need to worry about this if you are upgrading the turbo with bigger wheels. Stock VF-54, you won't run into this issue, or see any gains from this header alone.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 1 month later...
Yes, I talked to Michael Roark and he said it is definitely doable, but they are going to be swamped for the next 6-7 months because of race season. I was hoping to drop my car off this month and have it done, but i'll gladly wait until September for ETS build quality. I'll just get a E85, 1300cc injector, TGV delete, upgraded fuel pump tune to hold me over til then.

...nothing like bumping an older thread. Any chance there's been any word from ETS on this? I've had a turbo upgrade on the brain for some reason lately, I've been eyeing the Tomioka VF45 20G but something that would compliment the ETS header would be very nice.

...nothing like bumping an older thread. Any chance there's been any word from ETS on this? I've had a turbo upgrade on the brain for some reason lately, I've been eyeing the Tomioka VF45 20G but something that would compliment the ETS header would be very nice.

I will reach out to Michael Roark at ETS and see what he says.

Archived