LegacyGT.com

Extreme Turbo Systems: Exhaust Manifold W/ External Wastegate

I wish I had a turbo with a manual...dayumn!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what exactly would this do for cars?? For the uniformed lol

The issue I was having with the aftermarket downpipes and full aftermarket exhaust was the small wastegate on the stock turbo couldn't handle the pressure and I was overboosting on the Cobb map somewhere around 23 psi (no cat downpipe), and 20psi (catted downpipe). It was recommended to me to go with a custom exhaust manifold. Plus once someone grabs their balls (cough....lets go Blouch and Force Performance) and makes us some aftermarket turbos without internal wastegates (T3/T4, gt30r, gt35r) you could use this exhaust manifold.

Hopefully with the new WRX using a similar set up someone will throw us a bone and make an aftermarket turbo that will fit.

how many scrolls does the 2015 wrx have...

Last I heard the EJ and FA headers aren't compatible, so they'd have to tweak this one somehow to fit the 2015 WRX. Exhaust ports look the same, maybe it's a spacing issue. *shrug* maybe it's not an issue at all, don't really care, lol

Lol, I will get some professional answers from PIA. If you look at the pics of the exhaust manifold its actually setup for twinscroll. As far as spool the car feels completely different and the only thing different is the manifold and EWG.

Archived