**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya for stock ride height it's not terrible. Trying to decide to buy them or not, and the red on red is something I actually don't think is too bad, I'd repaint to gold maybe but I doubt it. Lowering springs are in the works I don't think coils are happening here because of more DD than my new one

Everyone is making comments on the chrome...lol. Those years are notorious for the black peeling/flaking off and stupid of the way the process was done. I have to go pick up new trim here with the next few weeks.

YES that's going away, what's your opinion on the wheels

Where the hell have you been gary!?!?!

Lost in St Louis.

I've been busy moving to Orange county from San Diego. Currently on a biz trip in St Louis. I've been doing a bunch of lighting mods lately, will have retrofit done on Friday. I'll probably make a thread about them after. How are you doing? Coming to Subiefest again this year?

One of the best ways is to sit in the passenger seat, watch someone do it and ask questions. Some people have the ability to learn it quickly, others do not. My wife and I (well just my wife, she won't let me do it because my stepdaughter doesn't see me as source of knowledge and wisdom, just a dumbass) have been trying to teach my stepdaughter to drive a manual with little to no success. That girl is just not a natural at any skill that is necessary to drive safely.

Anyone have tips on teaching someone how to drive stick?

don't do it in your car....

seriously tho learning to drive stick on a turbo 6 speed isn't the easiest. if you have access to a small suv with a 5 speed and some low down torque that i've found is easiest to teach people on. a little POS toyota or honda will be easy enough too. that way they can rev it way too high the first couple times they take off without launching then hitting the powerband and panicing.

i like to start with an explanation of how a clutch works for mechanically inclined folk. for less so i first try teaching them to make the clutch rub without making the car move.... good luck! teaching stick can be very hit or miss i've done it way to many times now and don't think i'll be doing it again till i have a kid

edit: if you have access to a small dirt bike that is manual, it is a good stepping stone to drive a manual car.

Anyone have tips on teaching someone how to drive stick?

:lol::spin: My student didn't get letting the clutch out until we were on level ground in a parking lot then just SLOWLY letting the clutch out , from idle no gas pedal, till you get it moving.

Also make sure their heel is ON the floor so they can just rock their foot.

It all progressed very quickly from there.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the well wishes guys... unfortunately my car is the only one available... I'll make sure to be in a big and very empty lot. My wife's an engineer to hopefully she can logic her way thru the steps?

Find a $100 used honda :) just test drive first to make sure the clutch isn't toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make her do it with no gas pedal at all. She needs to get the feel of moving the vehicle with the clutch only. Once she masters that, the rest is relatively easy. That's the way I taught our kid and partly the way I was taught, a really long time ago.

Find a $100 used honda :) just test drive first to make sure the clutch isn't toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you really mean is:

Find a $100 used honda :) just "test drive" first to make sure the clutch isn't toast and that the wife can drive it.

Yup I agree with JJ. Ive taught 3 people in my car with no problems really. Just do a quick explanation about what the clutch actually does, then have them find the catch point with the clutch only 5 times (once they move a little, pop it in N and come to a stop, rinse repeat) then seperately have them hold the gas around 1500rpms, then try it together in first, and should be able to get it going from there.

When it rains, it pours.

1. Driving to work, I see a white 335i convertible. Since it is not enough of a douche factor to drive one, he went and got a license plate that says "BEEMBOY".

2. I stop at starbucks, and no...not for a fu-fu coffee...black coffee over ice. I notice a stand with a bunch of Chai Tea. I then notice "Oprah". She now has tea, a magazine, a cable network, a TV show. What is next?

3. There hasn't been a single post from Coppertone.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek