LegacyGT.com

**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

... ooorrrr, the supply hoses got switched.

i don't think it would be the supply hoses since the back and front spray when they are supposed to. in that case the switches would have to be switched also so the improper wiper moves with the spray in the proper place. sounds like someone is playing a joke on them.... a good one:lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wondering why, in my kids 2010 Impreza hatch, the washer fluid switches are reversed. Pressing the side button activates the front wipers, but back spray. Twisting the stalk toward you activates the rear wiper and sprays the front windshield. Any thoughts?

i don't think it would be the supply hoses since the back and front spray when they are supposed to. in that case the switches would have to be switched also so the improper wiper moves with the spray in the proper place. sounds like someone is playing a joke on them.... a good one:lol:

The back and front don't spray when they are supposed to. The way JJBerk describes it the rear is spraying with push of the button on the end of stalk, and the front is spraying with a twist of the end of the stalk. Per the Owner's Manual, (attached below), the button actuates the front washer and the tumbler on the end of the stalk actuates the rear washer. This would indicate that the problem lies up at the washer fluid reservoir behind the bumper and switch pump plugs or supply hoses, not the switches being switched in the steering column.

363927776_2010ImprezaWiperOperation.thumb.png.537cb5c2e183fc2dd311ca0fe711595b.png

Edited by GTEASER

The back and front don't spray when they are supposed to. The way JJBerk describes it the rear is spraying with push of the button on the end of stalk, and the front is spraying with a twist of the end of the stalk. Per the Owner's Manual, (attached below), the button actuates the front washer and the tumbler on the end of the stalk actuates the rear washer. This would indicate that the problem lies up at the washer fluid reservoir behind the bumper and switch pump plugs or supply hoses, not the switches being switched in the steering column.

[ATTACH]188847[/ATTACH]

Joe is correct on this one. The wiper action is correct, it's the fluid that is not. At this point, I think she'll take it to the dealer in Boone at the next oil change and have them fix it. I so appreciate all the input... even the blue smurf comment!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's right. Fix that rail so we can go track speed, and not have a slow order!

Pull apart, or putting a new piece in?

It was a pull apart that we found while doing routine maintenance on our switches. I'm in the Signal Dept so we don't normally do this kind of work but they were short on Track guys so we lent a hand. It's amazing how much that rail stretches with some heat on it.

Edited by RailKill

It was a pull apart that we found while doing routine maintenance on our switches. I'm in the Signal Dept so we don't normally do this kind of work but they were short on Track guys so we lent a hand. It's amazing how much that rail stretches with some heat on it.

yep thermal expansion ain't no joke. i have to calculate amounts of stress that occurs for heat shrink metal parts over faces (not those kind of faces) and it always surprises me how much the larger parts actually get with just a couple hundred degrees change

As I recall Boone gets a fair amount of snow :) Aunt and Uncle have or had a place on Beech Mountain. They don't ski much any more but may still use it as rental income.

Yes, they do get a ton, plus, being in the mtns, the roads are crazy hilly and windy.

Crazy fun hills. Did you hit the dragon?

If you mean the section of the Parkway, I didn't. At least not this time. I stuck to 421 coming down out of the mountains. Long lovely sweeping curves. So much fun at a high speed with zero traffic!

Supercharger or

shorter final drive ratio or

headers and no cat or

smaller diameter tires or

and the thoughts keep coming and going....

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Supercharger or

shorter final drive ratio or

headers and no cat or

smaller diameter tires or

and the thoughts keep coming and going....

I will help you out. Final drive is fine. Wheels are fine. Motor needs moar powah.

Supercharger AND headers.

agreed, you don't want to change your drive ratio because you'll lose your 0-60 time having to shift a second time (<= not positive that's true with the 5EAT but is with the 6MT).

you should get an STI 6 speed while your at it anyways. who knows how long your trans will last with all them horsies

^^The STi 6speed is a huge task...needs axles, hubs, struts, driveshaft yada yada yada... plus how to tell his ECU that its not connected to the TCU.

the ecu, driveshafts and yada yada i get. Why would the struts, hubs, axels need changing? unless you change your diff I'd think they would work. of course that's going strictly off my limited knowledge. Please enlighten me TEASER

I will help you out. Final drive is fine. Wheels are fine. Motor needs moar powah.

Supercharger AND headers.

agreed, you don't want to change your drive ratio because you'll lose your 0-60 time having to shift a second time (<= not positive that's true with the 5EAT but is with the 6MT).

you should get an STI 6 speed while your at it anyways. who knows how long your trans will last with all them horsies

I used to care about the 0-60 times, but now I care about getting to the top of third faster in straightaways. With a 16% reduction, third will hit 85 and then I can get into fourth. It also means I will not have to downshift to second on some turns.

The car will still be quick to 60 ;)

The final drive will be only a change of the front and rear diffs...from 3.08 to 3.58. It may mess up my tach, but oh well...hey, because racecar.

I'd love more power, but I am deathly scared of running the supercharger, cooking my motor or transmission and limping home after a track day.

Headers are a decent option...dunno.

I have until September 21st (Sonoma) to do something. If I don't do anything (fingers crossed because I must be patient) I will have the rest of the year and the beginning of next year to do something.

Thanks for indulging my random thoughts....

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

One of my coworkers bought a new car, which I've been driving past this whole week and didn't pay it much attention since I thought it was an Accord, then yesterday the headlights caught my attention. It's not an Accord after all.....it's a '15 Legacy. I am not impressed