LegacyGT.com

**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

One of my coworkers bought a new car, which I've been driving past this whole week and didn't pay it much attention since I thought it was an Accord, then yesterday the headlights caught my attention. It's not an Accord after all.....it's a '15 Legacy. I am not impressed

:lol:

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of my coworkers bought a new car, which I've been driving past this whole week and didn't pay it much attention since I thought it was an Accord, then yesterday the headlights caught my eye. It's not an Accord after all.....it's a '15 Legacy. I am not impressed

This weather pattern in the SF Bay Area is getting a bit annoying. I was used to temperatures in 90's growing up.

I walk outside and we got some rain.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Lots of subie guys there. Go roam the PNW threads

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/pacific-northwest-26.html

Im on my way to eugene this afternoon then mobbing up for the BigNorthwest meet in portland saturday (show is sunday). Then next weekend going to townsend, wa for the west coast subie show. Eventful month for me.

I was annoyed for about a week, but I got over it.

I do however keep visiting the 6th Gen section with a little feeling that I am missing something. But then I realize that they don't have a GT model and I am not missing much, save for stories and questions about PlastiDipped grilles and wheels, discussion about sucky Nav units, new Subaru quirks and rear sway bars, all of which I am not particularly interested in anyway. :cool:

I remember when I had my 06 and first saw the 5th gen section. I thought, "Man, those are ugly! Not spending much time here!"

And that was with an LGT still in production. I test drove one, while the dealer was replacing a wheel bearing, under warranty. I hated how it felt, compared to my stage 2 06. Little did I know how bad the stock throttle, boost and other parameters were. There's no comparison after you ditch the terrible stock ecu settings...

I remember when I had my 06 and first saw the 5th gen section. I thought, "Man, those are ugly! Not spending much time here!"

And that was with an LGT still in production. I test drove one, while the dealer was replacing a wheel bearing, under warranty. I hated how it felt, compared to my stage 2 06. Little did I know how bad the stock throttle, boost and other parameters were. There's no comparison after you ditch the terrible stock ecu settings...

GOD I'm dying for a tune. why don't i make more money!!!!!!

^^because new job. Be patient grasshopper.

truth truth. i have been promised a raise when i "start producing" tho, and i just put out a 14 item order of all new seals and a bunch of new parts. i think come winter ill be straight whippin to the mountain in my stage 1 monster [fingers crossed]

GOD I'm dying for a tune. why don't i make more money!!!!!!

Keep an eye open for a good deal on a used V2-sub003 AccessPORT. You can find a decent one in the $300 range. Add $150 for a custom tune and you're still much less than a new V3 :)

Keep an eye open for a good deal on a used V2-sub003 AccessPORT. You can find a decent one in the $300 range. Add $150 for a custom tune and you're still much less than a new V3 :)

V3's not worth it eh? i kinda wanted it just so i could use it for gauges. i hate not having an actual temperature gauge. dummy lights just don't do it for me

V3's not worth it eh? i kinda wanted it just so i could use it for gauges. i hate not having an actual temperature gauge. dummy lights just don't do it for me

It's nice to have those screens, but need needed. You can check each one individually. It loads maps a bit faster, but our cars hardly take anytime to load/flash a map.

I got a V2(b) just so I could go Stage1, picked it up pretty much brand new for $375. I have a boost gauge already, so no need to see that on the AP. It does everything I need it to do, the most important thing being flashing the ECU. At Stage1 there is really no reason to view multiple parameters at the same time.

Not worth the time/money/effort to modify the intake on a stage 1 or 2 5th gen (or Subarus in general) You could get a custom e-tune and it would make a more significant increase in power and drivability, if you're running Cobb's OTS map.

Not worth the time/money/effort to modify the intake on a stage 1 or 2 5th gen (or Subarus in general) You could get a custom e-tune and it would make a more significant increase in power and drivability, if you're running Cobb's OTS map.

I just want more noise ;)

Get an AEM dryflow intake. It will make a bit more noise, not much, but with a custom tune, I get your turbo spooling faster and produce more boost, which is more audible compared to stock or even the OTS map.