**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a toddler who is now becoming interested in watching movies. And by "watching movies", I really mean "watching the same movie over and over." So...

I have this stuck in my head.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWbcQyePchA]www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWbcQyePchA[/ame]

Edited by Ellesedil

Winter is taking forever. Can't wait for it to come but the same time been wondering how my car setup would do going up Big Bear. I've read on threads that the thinner the wheels the better on snow. Also, hoping i wouldn't need to adjust the coilovers higher to avoid scrapping. Why is mammoth so far!?! $#@

Winter is taking forever. Can't wait for it to come but the same time been wondering how my car setup would do going up Big Bear. I've read on threads that the thinner the wheels the better on snow. Also, hoping i wouldn't need to adjust the coilovers higher to avoid scrapping. Why is mammoth so far!?! $#@

I'm not really familiar with area (although I knew some who are), but I wouldn't sweat it too much. I live on a fairly steep hill (I'd say 20-30 degree incline) and some dedicated winters on my stock OEM rims (18x7.5) is pretty much unstoppable. In fact, I stopped halfway up the hill before (partly when waiting for a FWD to finally get going and partly because I wanted to cuz AWD), and the Legacy had no issue getting moving again.

Ground clearance could be an issue though. As unstoppable the drivetrain might be, if you manage to put your car on top of the snow so the snow is supporting the weight directly with the undercarriage, well... you'll be pretty stuck in any vehicle. Unlikely to happen unless you frequent areas that aren't traveled much or dump the car on top of a snowbank.

I'm not really familiar with area (although I knew some who are), but I wouldn't sweat it too much. I live on a fairly steep hill (I'd say 20-30 degree incline) and some dedicated winters on my stock OEM rims (18x7.5) is pretty much unstoppable. In fact, I stopped halfway up the hill before (partly when waiting for a FWD to finally get going and partly because I wanted to cuz AWD), and the Legacy had no issue getting moving again.

Ground clearance could be an issue though. As unstoppable the drivetrain might be, if you manage to put your car on top of the snow so the snow is supporting the weight directly with the undercarriage, well... you'll be pretty stuck in any vehicle. Unlikely to happen unless you frequent areas that aren't traveled much or dump the car on top of a snowbank.

Those are good points - thanks for the insights man.

When i was running stock with 16's i never really encountered any probs with socal winter even at its worst (love this car)...except the time i slid a lil jst cuz i was going a lil faster than i should, which brings the point of speed - with my 245/40/19 + summer tires - i should be ok so long as im going slow enough.

Edited by azi

Those are good points - thanks for the insights man.

When i was running stock with 16's i never really encountered any probs with socal winter even at its worst (love this car)...except the time i slid a lil jst cuz i was going a lil faster than i should, which brings the point of speed - with my 245/40/19 + summer tires - i should be ok so long as im going slow enough.

Eh, I'd be very cautious running summer rubber in freezing weather. You'll essentially be driving on rubberized rocks. I get dedicated winters because stopping and steering are my chief concern. Winter tires use a different rubber formulation in order to stay softer in low temps.

There's an article on edmunds.com that takes a set of unnamed summer, winter, and all season tires, throws them all on a Civic, and tests them in snow, wet, and dry conditions. They do this not to see which performs better, but to see how much better they perform. Read the winter section to get an idea of just how much better winter tires are to summers, or even all seasons for anything you'd ask a car to do.

nav unit is driving me insane. never turned on yesterday on my way to work. then stayed off driving home, to waterbury (25 min) and came on when i was nearly home again. couple the fact that i have no music with the scarfied pavement making my car make horrible vibration noises, and you have one very upset me. already been into the dealer 4 times for the same issue. they've replaced my unit and the power supply. IDK what the hell is going on. anyone else have these type of issues with their navi yet? i need some engineers to look at my problem instead of mechanics, I'm just praying for a recall.

I got an email with a link to evaluate a new subaru commercial. When I had a chance to expand in certain questions, I took the liberty to say I didn't care for eyesight and the commercial did nothing for me.

I went on further to say if I saw a 3.6r offered with a 6-speed manual, I'd be all over it.

The survey and comments go to Subaru.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I got an email with a link to evaluate a new subaru commercial. When I had a chance to expand in certain questions, I took the liberty to say I didn't care for eyesight and the commercial did nothing for me.

I went on further to say if I saw a 3.6r offered with a 6-speed manual, I'd be all over it.

What no link for the rest of us to vote :)

What no link for the rest of us to vote :)

It was only for me and logged me on automatically...sorry.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I didn't care for eyesight and the commercial did nothing for me.

went on further to say if I saw a 3.6r offered with a 6-speed manual, I'd be all over it.

TIL that eyesight was first introduced in Jaypan in 2008.

Also, saw two new legacy commercials last night,

1st one, the "Broken RC Car" one where he puts it in the legacy and romps around while the kid is 'controlling' the car, i thought it was pretty funny, also appealed to the Legacy's target market which is dad's, commuting to work mostly.

2nd one, cant even remember now that im trying to write this comment, either way i thought it was pretty good. ill try to remember and edit this comment at some point.

And the one introducing eyesight to the states is a legacy heading for a wall, it stopping, and the scienturds all smiling. whats not to like about that ad, it wasnt annoying with jingles or flashy loud shit, just a simple display of their tech.

I am admittedly a fan of SOA's marketing though. throughout subie's history the ads have been pretty dang funny. were your comments based on watching the new line of ads, just a link to one ad(if so which one), or just bias against SOA

Edited by onlylegacys

nav unit is driving me insane. never turned on yesterday on my way to work. then stayed off driving home, to waterbury (25 min) and came on when i was nearly home again. couple the fact that i have no music with the scarfied pavement making my car make horrible vibration noises, and you have one very upset me. already been into the dealer 4 times for the same issue. they've replaced my unit and the power supply. IDK what the hell is going on. anyone else have these type of issues with their navi yet? i need some engineers to look at my problem instead of mechanics, I'm just praying for a recall.

You're the only one I know of to experience issues like this. My biggest complaint is the interface between the controls and whatever music app I happen to be using on my phone. They all behave differently and inconsistently.

TIL that eyesight was first introduced in Jaypan in 2008.

Also, saw two new legacy commercials last night,

1st one, the "Broken RC Car" one where he puts it in the legacy and romps around while the kid is 'controlling' the car, i thought it was pretty funny, also appealed to the Legacy's target market which is dad's, commuting to work mostly.

2nd one, cant even remember now that im trying to write this comment, either way i thought it was pretty good. ill try to remember and edit this comment at some point.

And the one introducing eyesight to the states is a legacy heading for a wall, it stopping, and the scienturds all smiling. whats not to like about that ad, it wasnt annoying with jingles or flashy loud shit, just a simple display of their tech.

I am admittedly a fan of SOA's marketing though. throughout subie's history the ads have been pretty dang funny. were your comments based on watching the new line of ads, just a link to one ad(if so which one), or just bias against SOA

That is the one they asked me to watch and survey. I didn't dislike the commercial.

To the question, "Does this commercial influence me to run out and buy a Subaru?" My answer was no. My detailed comments explained what would make me run out and buy a Subaru.

That is the one they asked me to watch and survey. I didn't dislike the commercial.

To the question, "Does this commercial influence me to run out and buy a Subaru?" My answer was no. My detailed comments explained what would make me run out and buy a Subaru.

honestly, I'd give the same answer for that commercial. what were some of the other questions?

its interesting that subaru reached out like that, was it a randomly generated email to you??

honestly, I'd give the same answer for that commercial. what were some of the other questions?

its interesting that subaru reached out like that, was it a randomly generated email to you??

I believe I am on some mailing list since I bothered to answer a new purchase questionaire after I bought my 3.6R.

Questions were something like this:

How do you feel about subaru after seeing this commercial?

What message do you believe the commercial was trying to get across?

Are you more likely to buy a subaru in the future?

What impression do you have after viewing the commercial?

They did have one line where I was asked to select "somewhat agree" in order to make sure I was reading the questions :).

ripstick I am probably way off with my thinking about the Nav. Unit but doesn't it have to have satellite contact in order to function. If it never worked correctly Vt. was one of the last places I've been where we had no Navigation on a Garmin unit and no cell phone service.

hahaha no, the satelite service is fine around here its just when your close to cliffs and mountains that you can get a slight interuption. its never that accurate for me anyways it thinks of 50-100 feet to the left alot. but the problem im talking about is different. the thing was just dead, so no music nothing. only place i know without sat service throughout most of the town is Paradox, NY... i always thought that was funny

Consider yourself lucky ;) my little girl is finishing her Masters degree and my little boys first car is faster than any street car I've owned. Every time I look in a mirror I see my Dad looking back at me.:eek:

Hug em while you can. :lol:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/PHONE/20140717_204154_zpszvunzfdy.jpg

A bunch of guys from out local forum Did some indoor cart racing. 40-60mph on average with some super tight corners making some interesting setups into turns a bit scary so few caution laps are in here. I whooped some ass though. Didn't lay down the fastest lap but posted the best average.