LegacyGT.com

2014 Norcal LGT meet | track day

wpmarky

You could pretend to be an LGT. ;)

I selected LGT at first, but I didn't want them to think my my car was slow...er fast :lol:

I had to guess curb weight and crank hp.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I should be signed up no later than Monday. I plan on getting a transponder too....because I am just curious, and want to see my progress throughout the day. I remember what my buddy's GT4 Datsun 510 and GT3 240SX used to run around Sears, and they were full race prepped cars with sub 2 liter 4 bangers running 10" slicks, so I just want to compare.

I should be signed up no later than Monday. I plan on getting a transponder too....because I am just curious, and want to see my progress throughout the day. I remember what my buddy's GT4 Datsun 510 and GT3 240SX used to run around Sears, and they were full race prepped cars with sub 2 liter 4 bangers running 10" slicks, so I just want to compare.

I just want to know for the knowing. I don't expect to lay down any respectable numbers my first day out there...nor my 10th day...whenever that is.

I will be getting a transponder too.

I am renting a helmet...anyone else doing the same? Pro's Con's?

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I am buying a helmet because I know I will do more track days, a drag or two, and autox in the future. I visited a local race supplier (I/O Port Racing) in Lafayette to try helmets on, both Pyrotect and Bell. Depending on model and brand, they fit dramatically different, so I would recommend trying them on if you are going to buy. For example, the cheapy Pyrotect ProSport was kinda tight in a M, but the Pyrotect ProAirflow was just right in a S. The Bell Sport was pretty good in a S, but no XS available in that model, which I would have liked to try but you have to up a model to the M4 to get an XS. Also keep in mind if you ever want to do competitive racing and have to wear a bellaclava under the helmet.

Fred, you'll probably be fine renting one for the day. Get there early so you have your pick and don't have to wear one that is too big.

You can find a new helmet for around $[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_85_0?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aauto+helmet+snell%2Cp_85%3A2470955011&keywords=auto+helmet+snell&ie=UTF8&qid=1398378409&rnid=2470954011]100-150[/ame]. Open faced is more comfortable, but you can't use it for go karting.

I have these 2 extra helmets for anyone that needs one:

http://images.craigslist.org/00W0W_ilW6fIlL5Vy_600x450.jpg

Nice!!! Good air flow thought those. ;)

I may be picking up 2 helmets, one for myself and one for my wife, but my wife will likely not be attending this event, so it will be available to anyone who it fits. It will probably be a (6-7/8" to 7") XS or (7" to 7-1/8") S.

On a side note about helmets, I just spoke with the guys at Speed Ventures. The Snell (either M or SA) 2005 helmets will be acceptable to them until the Snell 2015 helmets get certified, which will likely be in 2016 some time. So if you wanted to pick up a SA or M 2005, for less than the price of a SA or M 2010, it will only be good for 2 years, whereas a 2010 will be good for 7 more years. However, if you really don't think you will be doing very many track events, but may do more autox in the future, the SCCA Solo events only require Snell (SA only, not M) 2000, so a SA2005 helmet will be acceptable for those events for 7 more years.

Hope this made sense. Lol!!!

Sweet! Yes, track entrance will be somewhere from $0-$5. It should be obvious where all the cars are parked once you get through the gate, just drive towards the buildings & grandstands.

Fred and I will be splitting a garage, so I will try to block off the spaces near the garage for us to park near. Drivers will be there pretty early to make the driver's meeting at 740. I have a hard time sleeping the night before from getting too pumped, so I just leave the house early. I aim to be there by 7am to check in and unload.

I have a hard time sleeping the night before from getting too pumped, so I just leave the house early. I aim to be there by 7am to check in and unload.

Me too. I will probably be there before sunrise "because I love the smell of race gas in the morning". ;)

Sweet! Yes, track entrance will be somewhere from $0-$5. It should be obvious where all the cars are parked once you get through the gate, just drive towards the buildings & grandstands.

Fred and I will be splitting a garage, so I will try to block off the spaces near the garage for us to park near. Drivers will be there pretty early to make the driver's meeting at 740. I have a hard time sleeping the night before from getting too pumped, so I just leave the house early. I aim to be there by 7am to check in and unload.

What time are you leaving and may I follow you up there?

BTW I moved to Emeryville, not at the condo in SJ anymore. If you want I'm down to meet up first, we can have Breakfast first and then head over together.

Awww...I see. Would like to, but it means even less sleep for your's truly.

I'll PM you.

Cheers!

I will be coming from Brentwood and will likely be picking up my buddy in Berkeley, so that sounds like an excellent plan if I swing thru that area.

Maybe we can pick a spot right off the freeway to meet up at a good time with Mark?

Lots of options close to the freeway. We can do burger king, starbucks, peets all off of Powell St. exit.

There's some other cafe's nearby, but it might take too long and I don't think i can get out for bfast at 530.

We could do some fast food at 6am, and leave by 630?

PS: Need more 4th gens to sign up!

I am considering it. I go back and forth between "do it right" and "do it cheap".

I guess the easier answer is might as well do it cheap and then if I want more switch to a new Turbo and do the supporting mods.

Final edit: signed up - yes I could probably use an instructor.

Just thought I'd chime in again for the guys talking and thinking about transponders. If you have a handsfree cell phone mount and a smart phone, I find it more useful. For example, I use this app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.racechrono.app

It will log your splits, mph at certain points, etc, and have it all recorded for future viewing/use that is better than just times alone. I'm sure there is an iphone equivalent too that my iphone friends use, I just don't know it off the top of my head.

For smartphone apps, I've been advised to use an external gps.

Archived