LegacyGT.com

2014 Norcal LGT meet | track day

wpmarky

Catch with a towel or newspaper the best you can. Have plenty of brakleen around 2 cans minimum to help with messes.

Where do you live? Im in Brentwood.

An hour away - in Berkeley.

From what I have read the hardest parts will be replacing the rear brake lines. Everything else should be straight forward.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i use old cardboard boxes to catch dripping fluid.

To bleed, I have my bleeder hose go into an empty platstic water bottle.

When were you planning to do this? I don't think i can get out of the house to do a caliper/line replacement, but if you need help bleeding I can try to swing by from Emeryville either tomorrow or May 11th. May is crazy booked for me =\

Sup guys, GTeaser is giving me peer pressure to drive up for the day to hangout, so I'm considering it.

OB2.5XT - Make sure you have a good 10mm wrench, the nuts on the break line are easy to strip. I stripped 2 - 3 of them and had to use vise grips to finish them. The fronts are straight forward, and the rears are tighter to get to, making it a little fustrating.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Yes, get a high quality flare nut wrench from the auto parts store, the cheapies from Harbor Freight break. As me how I know. Also, if you see the wrench end flexing under pressure, use a pair of vise grips on the outside of it to hold it closed around the hard brake line fitting.

Thanks wpmarky for the offer. I was talking with my neighbor last night - he says he is very familiar with bleeding brakes so if I get stuck I should have help.

hmm high quality flare nut wrench huh?

This is the one I have [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006L23B7K/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: Sunex 980906 10-mm by 12-mm Flare Nut Wrench: Home Improvement[/ame]

Plus a set from 8-19 of wrenches from Ace. Hopefully one of them is good enough.

My plan is to spray everything down with PBplaster tonight and again tomorrow before I start.

I don't have vice grips can I use a crescent wrench or a flare wrench instead?

You want to use a flare nut wrench, never use an adjustable crescent or open end on hydraulic fittings. They are soft because they are thin and if you start rounding off the hex head, you are screwed. If rounding off starts, then you need to use vice grips, preferrably ones with a very crescent shaped clamping surface to clamp as much around the fitting as possible, but you can't clamp them too hard or you will deform the fitting and then you are completely SOL.

A quality flare nut wrench like the Sunex you linked to, or a Craftsman, and you should not have any issues breaking the fittings loose, especially if you soak them with PB Blaster the day before.

anyone else interested in splitting a garage space? I have another friend that is interested.

Or Fred, if you don't really need one I can split the garage with my friend instead. You have first dibs of course.

anyone else interested in splitting a garage space? I have another friend that is interested.

Or Fred, if you don't really need one I can split the garage with my friend instead. You have first dibs of course.

I don't have to have a garage, but I'd like a cool place (out of the sun ) to put my bald noggin. How big is the garage anyway?

I don't plan on bringing a bunch of gear...maybe some drinks/cooler/lunch.

If your friend would like to share a portion of the space, I have no issue.

Cheers!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/marky339/11201003.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/marky339/11201002.jpg

*sigh I miss my spec.b =\ Never a good idea to look through pics of your ex'es

Can we get 4 cars in one garage space?

May we fit 4 cars in tandem?

This way

[] []

[] []

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Yes fred, we'll need 2 spots next to each other to do that ; )

I'll ask about the air, it's usually provided but I can't remember where it is at Infineon.

Yes fred, we'll need 2 spots next to each other to do that ; )

I'll ask about the air, it's usually provided but I can't remember where it is at Infineon.

I went online to speed ventures, but I couldn't see where I could upgrade my purchase to add a garage...do you know how to do that?

I have a random assortment of tools. Ramps, jack stands, jack, air pump (plugs into the car's outlet). Ill bring whatever is needed.

Just let me know if I need to go in on a spot with someone. Remembering my time at track events from high school a place to sit out of the sun and relax was much needed.

i reserved 2 garage spaces already through the owner

Awesome...thanks.

I have a random assortment of tools. Ramps, jack stands, jack, air pump (plugs into the car's outlet). Ill bring whatever is needed.

Just let me know if I need to go in on a spot with someone. Remembering my time at track events from high school a place to sit out of the sun and relax was much needed.

I was going to bring tools, a jack and stands, air tank, ramps, chairs and probably some more stuff.

Archived