LegacyGT.com

2014 Norcal LGT meet | track day

wpmarky

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's better to be stock the first time out. If anything, performance front brake pads would be helpful but not essential, something like hawk hps or EBC yellowstuff.

Cool beans! The one and only time I've ever tracked a car, I took my '98 Accord (replete with well-used all-seasons and basically bone-stock brakes), and had a blast... Then when I got home I found out the front-left caliper bolt seized, necessitating a new caliper. Neither I nor the mechanics could take that goddamn bolt off properly, so they had to cut it off.

Long story short, the Accord escaped with very little problems, and I'd like to have it be the same with the LGT :)

So given the pads recommendation, I assume there's some brake fade possibility, but not necessarily warping the rotors?

So given the pads recommendation, I assume there's some brake fade possibility, but not necessarily warping the rotors?

The Legacy is quick enough and heavy enough to induce brake fade especially on the stock pads.

Warped rotors is a misnomer... It is really just an uneven deposit of pad material on the rotor. The best way to avoid that is don't get your brakes hot and then come to a complete stop.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Doubt I'd track the car, but I'm down to hangout otherwise!

Don't worry...my driving would be more like a leisurely stroll. How about a stroll? :lol:

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

if you contact m sprank, you might get him to talk LALGT to bring his bling'ing heavily tracked LGT out for a day.

If you do this later in the year (money is tight now), I might be able to come down for a day. Would be in a rental, tho.

With regards stock LGT on track, I did 4 days on all season tires and OEM brake hardware. Its doable. Oddly enough, I learned more running on a bone-stock LGT than I did on a modified one.

Lastly, if you want to upgrade your tires/wheels, I have a track set that is looking for a new home (BFG R1 235/17 on Enkei PF01 17x8 silver). They fit perfect on lowered LGT wagon or sedan.

if you contact m sprank, you might get him to talk LALGT to bring his bling'ing heavily tracked LGT out for a day.

If you do this later in the year (money is tight now), I might be able to come down for a day. Would be in a rental, tho.

With regards stock LGT on track, I did 4 days on all season tires and OEM brake hardware. Its doable. Oddly enough, I learned more running on a bone-stock LGT than I did on a modified one.

Lastly, if you want to upgrade your tires/wheels, I have a track set that is looking for a new home (BFG R1 235/17 on Enkei PF01 17x8 silver). They fit perfect on lowered LGT wagon or sedan.

Don't need to contact msprank, I have max's phone number and can just ask him nicely :rolleyes:

Ooh, i would love to give those wheels a new home, pm me your price?

Strongly interested.

Car has a few issues at the moment, most can be addressed pretty easily. My tires are starting to go a bit, so if I trash 'em here, it wouldn't be the end of the world..

Will definitely keep an eye on this..

Archived