LegacyGT.com

2014 Norcal LGT meet | track day

wpmarky

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd go slightly above stock pressure and then let it rise on the track. I'd also recommend marking the side wall with something to ensure you're not rolling too much onto the side wall.

You mean the ring of scrubbed off rubber will not be enough of an indicator? ;)

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Chalk or grease pencil?
Either way
You mean the ring of scrubbed off rubber will not be enough of an indicator? ;)

Yeah I just had a bad experience with those tires and their soft sidewalls so I'm recommending a little more caution. Most high performance tires have small arrows on the sidewall that indicates an acceptable level of roll to the sidewall. It's easier to get a clear picture of the amount of roll by marking them.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Anyone use any video games to get familiar with tracks before going out there?

I figure my tires are going to be a very poor choice, so Ill just have to drive at a speed they can handle and have fun.

Forza 4 has Sears Point, and a 5th Gen LGT, so I guess you could say I already drove my car there, but just not while actually in my car. Good thing because I hit a few walls and drove over many curbs. :lol:

I looked on youtube and just picked up forza 4. Thr LGT lapped in 2:22...saaaaad driving as I on't know the track well enough...oh and I probably totalled the car in the process.

If they had a 3.6r, I think I could have shaved a few seconds off that time :D

Edit: Forgot to add...forza 4 does not have a track called sears point.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I found out iRacing has it. However, have to sign up for one month $6 and buy the track $15.

All the cars are race prepped, which is kind of a bummer. In a Miata I am lapping it at 2:03 (best) with about a 70% chance Ill wipe out and destroy the car.

iracing is awesome, but yah it's a bummer all the cars are race prepped so not as customizeable as forza. And a dealbreaker for me is no subies!

I do like how the steering wheel actually is more responsive and realistic connected to the pc compared to xbox & ps3.

But isn't call Sonoma Raceway now?

I'm an old timer when it comes to going to Sears Point, so I never liked the name change when Infineon Corp. invested in it in the late 1990's. When they pulled out 2 years ago, there was a clause in the contract that prohibited the name from being Sears Point, thus the reason it is now Sonoma Raceway. Infineon did make lot of great changes to the facility while they were there, but to me it will always be Sears Point.

We already went over this Fred, they call it Infineon.....blasphemy I tell you!!!!

I'm just throwing salt on the wound....

Most high performance tires have small arrows on the sidewall that indicates an acceptable level of roll to the sidewall. It's easier to get a clear picture of the amount of roll by marking them.

After doing a complete cloverleaf...thanks for the suggestion about the arrow. I never knew.

257366222_2014-05-0918_03_25.jpg.10cd11901986d2ef521537b74d695fb1.jpg

Hey got a question, can one car have multiple drivers? I'm working with some lads from Europe and one is a real gearhead. Thought about letting him take my car around but wanted to see if it was against the rules thx.

Sure, but each driver has to pay the full registration fee for himself, so all sharing a car really does is double the cost vs. track time for the two guys sharing a car. If you want to drive, you might as well bring a car.

yes to needing to pay full track fees for both drivers.

If you are in the same race group, you cut your available time in half.

If you are only 1 group lvl away, you will lose approx. 5 minutes of race time per session waiting for one person to finish their run.

yes to needing to pay full track fees for both drivers.

If you are in the same race group, you cut your available time in half.

If you are only 1 group lvl away, you will lose approx. 5 minutes of race time per session waiting for one person to finish their run.

Yep this is why I asked, he does have access to a Mustang rental car but it would be frowned upon significantly if something were to happen LOL.

Will probably ride along with me to spectate.

This just arrived today. So glad I went a level up to the racer series. The carbon/kevlar/fiberglass composite is so much lighter than a straight fiberglass helmet. My issue prone neck and shoulders will thank me after a full day on course.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/13/2e7ymu9a.jpg

Archived