LegacyGT.com

2014 Norcal LGT meet | track day

wpmarky

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm voting for June 1 & keeping an eye for reg to open (still closed)
Looks like I'll be in the area from early May thru mid June ( June 14th departure ) AND with the LGT, would love to participate!

LMK the finalized plans thx.

^^ Nice dude!

So I did some digging around and discovered that TrackMasters Racing ended up losing a bid for Infineon the weekend of 5/31-6/1, and now SpeedVentures is now organizing the event that weekend. That's why registration was never opened on TMR's site (derp).

That being said, info about the HPDE can be found on SV's site here, and registration is now open.

http://www.speedventures.com

It looks like there is already an Ariel Atom and a 2010 ZR1 signed up for that day =D

Cost is $290 (103db sound max on track). It is on the higher side for track days, but you're pretty much paying for 1) zero chance of rain, and 2) the closeness lets you do a day trip instead of needing a hotel like Thunderhill or Buttonwillow.

So, given that price, who's still down to go? Anyone turned off by the price? FWIW, I emailed SV and asked them for a group discount. We'll see what they come back with.

Im in still.

Same...just let me know a date please.

Cheers!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

5th gens representing! You guys ok with 6/1?

You bet your petootie!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Ok, I'll keep an eye on the groupings to make sure they don't fill up to fast. Don't register quite yet until I hear back about my group rate request. SV has done it for me and my friends before, hopefully they can hook it up.

So for those who want to just come up to meet up and hang out in the pits with those driving, I am assuming that they will have no problem getting in and hanging out, right?

And for those of us driving, when are we going to finalize a date so we can start signing up? Registration is open as of now, and as a newb, I am going for the minimum driving instruction for $15 for a small group lead/follow for the first 2 sessions. Also getting timing transponder so I can see my improvement over the course of the day.

update: The owner of SV replied back and said a discount is doable. He's also looking into some options for us such as possibly free timing and/or instruction.

More to come.

If it has to be on the 31-1 weekend, then I'd much prefer the 1st.

I have run (my only track day) with speed ventures and I can honestly say they run a great event. Low key enough to relax and have fun but serious enough to always be on schedule and know they mean business.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Yeah with given that I was told yesterday I may start my ambulance portion of my internship out in San Joaquin county in the next 30 days... I'll come hang if I have it off. Been itching for a track day though. See how well my oil cooler does.

Archived